NEW Ford Fiesta...The 65 mpg Ford the U.S. Can't Have - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 09-09-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
when did I put you down? I said it was already in the active topics and the tampon popped out of your vagina (there, now Im putting you down)
Countless past threads and it's not just me, it's others as well. Everyone has a right to their opinion but no need to shove your thoughts down others throats and expect them to believe you 100%. Take your criticism elsewhere chunt.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-09-2008
Sea-Bass's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Ethanol isnt even big market, its a known fact that ethanol couldnt possibly sustain america, not to mention I dont even think theres an ethanol station in my town of 100k+.

for one, I am not a liberal commie. I am replying because I am tired of stupid bipartisan name calling and misinformation. two, being the liberal commie hater you seem to be, I would assume you claim to be a conservative. Wouldnt a conservative view of the free market use ethanol as an example of how the free market works itself out
?

No because the government subsidizes ethanol, the government inflates it for the sake of you tree humpers.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Bass View Post
?

No because the government subsidizes ethanol, the government inflates it for the sake of you tree humpers.
in any offense, its a moot point, because ethanol will never take over the industry, if anything ethanol should bring oil down by being compettive.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-09-2008
Sea-Bass's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
The lib agenda also creates higher gas prices by constantly standing on the side of some mythical GLOBAL WARMING. Your people file lawsuit after lawsuit to stop new refineries, to stop exploration, and to stop the advancement of everything and this includes the human race. Your agenda puts a tree toad ahead of a human being; your agenda wants to protect a polar bear that doesn’t need protection because its numbers are the highest they have ever been.
I see you([email protected]) dont have any comment for this part of my reply though.

Last edited by Sea-Bass; 09-09-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
Anyway, without sombreo boy and oregon sausage man chiming in, it would be nice to have a vehicle that gave me 65mpg's but I wouldn't want it to look like that lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
Countless past threads and it's not just me, it's others as well. Everyone has a right to their opinion but no need to shove your thoughts down others throats and expect them to believe you 100%. Take your criticism elsewhere chunt.
sombrero boy? oregon sausage man? lol, youre seriously pathetic.

Ive stated my beliefs, no where did I say, agree with me or I will KILLL YOU!!!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
We are getting the Fiesta finally. but just not the Diesel one. I've heard there is a big push by the Big 3 and Toyota and Honda for the U.S. to adapt the Euro Encap crash test rating as well as emissions for cars sold in the U.S. it would save those company's millions and would mean that they wouldn't have to develop a different car for every country they are sold in. plus it would mean we would get a whole slew of cool diesel cars here stateside.
And the last vestige of our industrial capacity would be off-shored to Europe.

Very smart.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Bass View Post
I see you dont have any comment for this part though.
I do, but i didnt care enough to jot it down. But anyways, I am not a lib, Ive said before. so dont call it "my people"

liberal agenda isnt perfect, I never said it was, but blaming car import issues on liberals doesnt make sense to me. Link why fords choice to not import the fiesta to the usa to a REAL consequence of liberal action.

I just dont see the reason.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-09-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
Anyway, without sombreo boy and oregon sausage man chiming in, it would be nice to have a vehicle that gave me 65mpg's but I wouldn't want it to look like that lol.
Your an idiot, Shane has helped you so many times when your too lazy to search and you can't even take a joke. Douche

Last edited by 04blackedge; 09-09-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-09-2008
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
My bad for double posting.

And Shane, go choke on a sausage oregon boy. Quit trying to be such an e-thug. I can dig up countless threads of you in your newbie stages asking dumbass questions. Don't make me put you on blast.
sausage boy is another way of calling someone a F a g. and that's 14 day ban material there bud. Same goes with putting down someone for their race, like you did with Gil for example.

Go ahead...thread dig the ****. e-thug? how? Obviously you can't take a fuking hint that i was joking. ***, it's even right after my 'making fun of you' line for christ sake. jesus...you never learn dude....we went through this before. what? can't remember?

btw...i'm completely holding back on what i want to say in this reply.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Learn your history, the EPA was founded and mainly supported by Republicans (I don't believe a Democrat has ever even headed the EPA),
Umm.. Kind-of/sort-of.

http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/epa/15c.htm

The EPA CLAIMS to be indy, but they are not.
http://www.epa.gov/history/org/origins/first.htm

The EPA's first ' movement ' or recognition happened in NYC when then Mayor John Lindsey closed part of the city ( Maybe Central Park? I can't remember all the details ) and had a hippy-love-fest for the environment where folk singers and such had a concert for a cause. At the same time, Congress and Nixon went about their daily routines.

Lindsey was a Liberal.

In todays world, your ' greens ' are 99.9% Liberals and vote in such rank and file.

Quote:
obviously even today it is still ran by Republicans. One of these days you guys will realize that the democrats you despise so much are politically the same as modern republicans.
LOL. I don't mean to twist a dagger in your back, but Carol Browner is NO ' Republican '. She was appointed Administrator of the EPA by none other then William Jefferson Clinton in 1993.

Before then, between 1986 and 1991, she served as a key aide to Senator Lawton Chiles and then-Senator Al Gore.

You were saying something about ' learn your history '?

The EPA is a Liberal ' Dagger '. It was originally a table-scrap under Nixons watch to try and win some people over. Its now a hatchet wielding animal to our financial prosperity.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Bass View Post
It is the liberal agenda as to WHY gas/diesel is so high to begin with...It's called ethanol, you commie libs are having orgasms over it and it is a failed substitute for oil.
I'm a commie/lib now :)

I like ethanol. I run it in my truck. I don't help contribute to the 700+ billion going overseas as local Ethanol is made with American Oil sources here in WNY.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
Anyway, without sombreo boy and oregon sausage man chiming in, it would be nice to have a vehicle that gave me 65mpg's but I wouldn't want it to look like that lol.
I dunno.. I look at your avatar and for some reason.. " moo " comes to mind.

I agree with your view on how it looks tho.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-09-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
Your a ****in idiot, Shane has helped you so many times when your too lazy to search and you can't even take a joke. Douche
Never too lazy to use the search and I can bring up countless newb questions from Shane back in his day. I just like to confirm things with people that have already experienced it so I'll PM them and ask... With that said, get off my d!ck, douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
sausage boy is another way of calling someone a F a g. and that's 14 day ban material there bud. Same goes with putting down someone for their race, like you did with Gil for example.

Go ahead...thread dig the ****. e-thug? how? Obviously you can't take a fuking hint that i was joking. ***, it's even right after my 'making fun of you' line for christ sake. jesus...you never learn dude....we went through this before. what? can't remember?

btw...i'm completely holding back on what i want to say in this reply.
Sausage boy can mean a number of different things, and last I checked they love sausage in Oregon.

E-thug? It's easy. I never stated I knew everything about auto mechanics or that I wasn't a newb in this field, that's why I'm here, to learn. No reason to point it out over and over again when you went through the same damn **** that I'm going through. Now that you got a confidence boost and your ego is much bigger then past years you seem to think you can put other newbs down. Quit being an e-thug and if you got something personal to say to me then PM me and keep it off the threads so **** like this don't happen. Or are you too illiterate to figure that out?

If your holding something back, a PM is just a click away. Do you need help finding it?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Bass View Post
?

No because the government subsidizes ethanol, the government inflates it for the sake of you tree humpers.
Chris..

I've met Gil. Hes NO TREE HUGGER! Trust me when I say such. Hes into Muscle cars, Tossing things out of truck windows instead of in trashcans, Even smokes ( well.. he did then, dunno if he does now ).
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-09-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I dunno.. I look at your avatar and for some reason.. " moo " comes to mind.

I agree with your view on how it looks tho.
I've heard it all and like I said in previous posts I won't paint my fenders because they chip and crack and I don't have the experience nor the tools to do a legit job myself. So they will stay white for now until I can find someone that knows whats up...

If anyone in SoCal area could point me to someone I would appreciate it.

That car kinda looks like a prius or whatever those are mixed with a scion toaster. lol
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-09-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Others can respond to the personal part of your message, I just wish to respond to this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
liberal agenda isnt perfect, I never said it was, but blaming car import issues on liberals doesnt make sense to me. Link why fords choice to not import the fiesta to the usa to a REAL consequence of liberal action.

I just dont see the reason.
Industry. The ' Cost of Industry '.

I don't blame fuel costs to ' whats made here ' and ' whats not '. Its a different argument. What I will say to keep on your asking of a ' reason '...

More and more of our industry leaves. Theres not much left.

It was said in that article, the cost to build a new plant.. It had some huge number ( more then all of us will achieve in our natural lives added-up for sure! ).

New Plants require costs in regards to Enviornmental Standards. Its similar and actually part of the reasoning why new oil rigs cannot be built or some of the older ones ' repaired '.

It makes our Nation look less friendly to invest into.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Others can respond to the personal part of your message, I just wish to respond to this part.



Industry. The ' Cost of Industry '.

I don't blame fuel costs to ' whats made here ' and ' whats not '. Its a different argument. What I will say to keep on your asking of a ' reason '.

More and more of our industry leaves. Theres not much left.

It was said in that article, the cost to build a new plant.. It had some huge number ( more then all of us will achieve in our natural lives added-up for sure! ).

New Plants require costs in regards to Enviornmental Standards. Its similar and actually part of the reasoning why new oil rigs cannot be built or some of the older ones ' repaired '.

It makes our Nation look less friendly to invest into.
thats a valid reason, and not something I had thought about.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-09-2008
Blhde's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
it was at the detroit autoshow. it was called something else. not the fiesta. i hope this one is way cooler then that piece of garbage that came out in the 90's. that car would rock if it had a high rev'in turbo'd 4 banger.

i've got pics on my laptop. i liked the fourdoor better.
It was the Verve concept you seen.


Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-09-2008
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
yea thats it. verve. thanks. what i thought was cool was the fact that it had no "b" pillars. just glass like the mustang convertable.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-10-2008
TommyC's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Umm.. Kind-of/sort-of.

http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/epa/15c.htm

The EPA CLAIMS to be indy, but they are not.
http://www.epa.gov/history/org/origins/first.htm

The EPA's first ' movement ' or recognition happened in NYC when then Mayor John Lindsey closed part of the city ( Maybe Central Park? I can't remember all the details ) and had a hippy-love-fest for the environment where folk singers and such had a concert for a cause. At the same time, Congress and Nixon went about their daily routines.

Lindsey was a Liberal.
That is completely irrelevant, the EPA wasn't founded nor ran by Mayor Lindsey. The "movement" or recognition, occurred after the program was put in place.

The EPA was personally founded by Nixon (Republican) and ran by William Ruckelshaus (Republican).


Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
LOL. I don't mean to twist a dagger in your back, but Carol Browner is NO ' Republican '. She was appointed Administrator of the EPA by none other then William Jefferson Clinton in 1993.

Before then, between 1986 and 1991, she served as a key aide to Senator Lawton Chiles and then-Senator Al Gore.

You were saying something about ' learn your history '?

The EPA is a Liberal ' Dagger '. It was originally a table-scrap under Nixons watch to try and win some people over. Its now a hatchet wielding animal to our financial prosperity.
Okay, so a democrat headed the EPA in 1993.. point taken.

The EPA still began as a Republican project, and has continued to mainly be a Republican project, and today is still ran by the Republicans.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-10-2008
TommyC's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
for one, I am not a liberal commie. I am replying because I am tired of stupid bipartisan name calling and misinformation.
Don't get too carried away... doing that got me permanently banned from the Political section by Christian himself.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-10-2008
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Don't get too carried away... doing that got me permanently banned from the Political section by Christian himself.
Im sure you said more than that to get banned from the political section!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-10-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Don't get too carried away... doing that got me permanently banned from the Political section by Christian himself.
there is nothing in what I said that will get me banned. Ive been on this site for years and have yet to receive a banning...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-10-2008
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Ford's bringing the Fiesta here...just not the supurb mileage that the diesel gives because of the '07+ new standards we have here. Don't know the name of the CAFE or whatever...but yeah. Think of the AWESOME liberty that was here for like 2 years. Axed because it didn't meet the ultra low sulfar fuel requirement and the new EPA standards for diesels beginning the '07 model year. Why do we need to be so clean? What's better: ultra clean fuel hogging diesels or clean very fuel efficient diesels?

IMO...lighten up the standards on diesels. And bring that baby here[fiesta].





To all those concerned:

I was JOKING with the comment I posted about the member from Cali. Comment was followed by something like "I was just joking with that last line". Comment came because of a thread that this member made which was a duplicate that has been a current thread for the past 2 days....shoot, said thread had a reply(s) in it less than a half hour prior to new thread being made. He over-reacted to said joke/playing around. I reacted to the over-reaction.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-10-2008
TommyC's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
Im sure you said more than that to get banned from the political section!
Go look at my posts yourself, none of my posts have been removed. And not a single moderator or admin has said I did anything wrong, actually quite to the contrary, to quote a mod:
"I just looked back at all your posts in the last month and I don't see anything even remotely wrong. I don't know what to tell you."

None of the mods can over-ride Christians ban and Christian has never contacted me, nor will reply to my PMs, so my guess is as good as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
there is nothing in what I said that will get me banned. Ive been on this site for years and have yet to receive a banning...
I, and some mods of this forum, thought the same thing... I'm banned.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.