Raced a 2001 Dodge Neon SXT - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-25-2007
Steve_O113's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Albany, OR
Posts: 562
Raced a 2001 Dodge Neon SXT

i have a co worker who bought a neon about 2 months ago and he has been buging me to race it ever since. well on sat we finally got off at the same time so we headed off in a 1/4 race

the first run i gunned it and started barking the tires and he ended up beating me off the line. He hadnt even gotten a car length ahead befor my tires hooked up and i finshed about 3 car lengths ahead.

after leaving him on the line on the second run he gave up so i slowed down till he cought me i ended up still winning that one by a few car lenghts.

he said his neon was missing shifts so he would look into it and race me again once he fixed the problem.

thats the first time i really got into to this 4.0L and its got some *****!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 886
Man dont listen to "missing shifts" your 4.0 will rip up a Neon every day of the week. Ive never had a neon even come close to me. However Ive never raced a SRT-4 but I know how that would end up =\
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2007
Steve_O113's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Albany, OR
Posts: 562
i knew i could beat him in the 1/4... i wasnt sure about off the line though. my girlfriend has a 2000 neon and that thing is fast off the line
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Make sure he takes out his floor mats next race because that'll be his next lame excuse.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
a Neon SXT yes, a Neon SR/T-4 no........

a 4.0 will hold its own........

also remember, when his Neon starts peeling paint and rotting away, your Ranger will still look like new (unless you beat the **** out of it...)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
a Neon SXT yes, a Neon SR/T-4 no........
You can file that under the "duh" category.


In case anyone doesn't know, Rangers will not beat supercharged mustangs, formula one cars, US fighter jets, leapards, snowmachiners, motorcycles, sky divers, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
I beat A 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, nitrous, Stage 1 performance kit and turbo toys....







with my car, not my truck....

Last edited by Austin1; 06-25-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2007
Rooks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
In case anyone doesn't know, Rangers will not beat supercharged mustangs, formula one cars, US fighter jets, leapards, snowmachiners, motorcycles, sky divers, etc.
DAMN IT! You serious? I better call of that bet I had with that fighter pilot this weekend.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, sounds like a sweet run. No doubt that the SOHC would trounce the Neon. Hell I think my tired OHV with stockers could give a SXT Neon a run for his money.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2007
DaneTrain's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wellington, CO
Posts: 491
Quote:
Raced a 2001 Dodge Neon SXT
Why?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
You can file that under the "duh" category.


In case anyone doesn't know, Rangers will not beat supercharged mustangs, formula one cars, US fighter jets, leapards, snowmachiners, motorcycles, sky divers, etc.

ROFLMAO!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2007
Steve_O113's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Albany, OR
Posts: 562
lets just say this guy has a HUGE ego... it was fun to pop it!

Nothing like a truck w/ mud tires, tow straps and chains, a dog kennel, and some fire wood flying around in the bed while beating a kids "bad *** whip"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-25-2007
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Few things to remember about 'SRT4' owners. They still own a Neon. I wasted cash buying one, they are not a ' muscle car ' contrare to what the owners MIGHT want to think.

When the acronym ' Found On Roadside Dead ' is applied to your truck, Advise theme your truck will draw a Hotter babe and be more functional then any ' Stupid Ricer Toy '.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-25-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
Few things to remember about 'SRT4' owners. They still own a Neon. I wasted cash buying one, they are not a ' muscle car ' contrare to what the owners MIGHT want to think.

When the acronym ' Found On Roadside Dead ' is applied to your truck, Advise theme your truck will draw a Hotter babe and be more functional then any ' Stupid Ricer Toy '.

Yah, uhh, you're full of ****. I know that you have driven a lot more cars than me and a lot more fast cars, but I was lucky to be in Andy's friends SRT-4 with a turbo toys 3 package. HOLY **** THAT CAR WAS FAST. It ****ing murdered a bunch of muscle cars and that was with about 5 of us inside the car.

So, to sum it up. The srt-4 was insanely fast, very powerful, smelled like race fuel, and was a pretty damn sweet ride. It was not in fact a muscle car, but that's okay.

Oh also, I guess it burns out too much though, because of the weight displacement or something.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-25-2007
2003stealthedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The ILL State
Posts: 1,297
SRT-4s modded correctly will eat alot of cars up... I had to stock one give me a run for my money in my mustang
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-25-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 886
Ive seen SRT-4s with stage 3 goodies and they are amazing in a straight line if they get traction. Lucky for people here in AZ everythings a straight line! Anyway, I still dislike that its a dodge and a neon, but I do respect them. hell an EVO is still a lancer, but god how id love to have one. I mean I dont think to many girls are attracted to Rangers, they seem to like big lifted f350s.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-25-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Ive seen SRT-4s with stage 3 goodies and they are amazing in a straight line if they get traction. Lucky for people here in AZ everythings a straight line! Anyway, I still dislike that its a dodge and a neon, but I do respect them. hell an EVO is still a lancer, but god how id love to have one. I mean I dont think to many girls are attracted to Rangers, they seem to like big lifted f350s.

Its cause your ranger isn't on 35s son!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-25-2007
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
yeah but what D is saying is.... at the end of the day.... it's a Neon... A NEON. zero respect and zero cool points, regardless of how bad *** their potential may be.

sure you may fly by a mustang or other muscle cars here and there... it doesn't matter... everyone and their mother is going to be looking at you laugning to themselves while thinking the same thing... "What a deuche bag"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-25-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
yeah but what D is saying is.... at the end of the day.... it's a Neon... A NEON. zero respect and zero cool points, regardless of how bad *** their potential may be.

sure you may fly by a mustang or other muscle cars here and there... it doesn't matter... everyone and their mother is going to be looking at you laugning to themselves while thinking the same thing... "What a deuche bag"
I was going to type up something long but basically..


You're completely wrong.

Thanks for trashing my lift and tires and mods done to my truck, because basically you're saying I still drive a little napa ford ranger parts getting ranger. Since apparently every car that is modded is just a sad excuse for its original "as originally bought" self.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-25-2007
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
I was going to type up something long but basically..


You're completely wrong.

Thanks for trashing my lift and tires and mods done to my truck, because basically you're saying I still drive a little napa ford ranger parts getting ranger. Since apparently every car that is modded is just a sad excuse for its original "as originally bought" self.
lol.. it's a neon. every guy i see driving one looks and acts like some hard *** deuche bag. you know the type.. one hand up on the steering wheel at 12, slouched in his seat leaning towards the center of the car, all while looking out the corner of his eye making sure people are looking at him. i'm sorry, i find no appeal at all to that.

and for the record, i like your little napa ford ranger lol
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-25-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
I ran against a SRT4 in mine and beat him, by about the length of my cab, but I beat him
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-25-2007
2003stealthedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The ILL State
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundmaster
I ran against a SRT4 in mine and beat him, by about the length of my cab, but I beat him
in what your truck it mustve been a neon with the srt4 ground effects package cuz no ranger would come close that car is to quick off the line
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-25-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
I personally think they don't look too bad.
Name:  800x533SRT4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  62.1 KB

But there's MUCH better cars too.

And Chuck, the guy who raced you probably was a bad driver because the srt-4 has a 5.6 second 0-60 and a 14.2 second quarter mile. A bit faster than the ranger!


And strider, i think EVERY car type has the douchebag personality driver!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-25-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
I've taken an 05 Neon SRT-4 Nitrous, STG 1 perf kit and turbo toys and crushed him at the strip with my Z28...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-25-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003stealthedge
in what your truck it mustve been a neon with the srt4 ground effects package cuz no ranger would come close that car is to quick off the line
in the ranger! They really arent as fast as everyone makes them out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2007
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
it really depends... how fat you are. the fatter u are, the slower your car is gonna move.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raced the Ranger Again... Pics Inside rngprerunner Snapshots 35 07-27-2010 03:59 PM
Del Mar Tuff Trucks 2009 - Raced My Truck - VIDEO ADDED! rngprerunner Snapshots 59 07-20-2009 12:38 AM
Design of exhaust on '94 Ranger SXT with 4L (907)FAN-BOY 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 13 07-20-2005 09:58 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.