General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Why did whomever close my thread?

  #1  
Old 04-20-2009
TazDevil07's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Slower Lower, DE
Posts: 1,623
Why did whomever close my thread?

Why is my WTB: Alcoa's thread closed?
 
  #2  
Old 04-20-2009
BigRedDog's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Quad Cities (IA/IL)
Posts: 498
If you don't post all of the required information in a classified ad they'll close it down.

Example: Putting a location in the thread title, etc.
 
  #3  
Old 04-20-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Originally Posted by BigRedDog View Post
If you don't post all of the required information in a classified ad they'll close it down.

Example: Putting a location in the thread title, etc.
 
  #4  
Old 04-20-2009
TazDevil07's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Slower Lower, DE
Posts: 1,623
Ok, thanks. Reposted with State in title. Not sure if that one will remain open either. How much can one tell when they are looking to buy something?
 
  #5  
Old 04-20-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
nope that is perfect. you were missing the state before in the title
 
  #6  
Old 04-20-2009
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 0
  #7  
Old 04-20-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
i dont mean to bicker, but i know one time i had a thread closed because no state in the title, but at first i couldnt figure out what the deal was.
wouldnt it almost be easier if you guys either A: sent us a private message stating you closed the thread?
or B: fixing it yourself (if its something small like that, and im sure mods have the power to do so..) and sending us a private message stating what we did wrong

i think less people would complain about it that way..

just sayin! :D
 
  #8  
Old 04-20-2009
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
nope that is perfect. you were missing the state before in the title
I'm glad you guys do this.

I get so irritated at f150online.com when looking in the classifieds.
"2006 Canopy for sale - $500" - No location, color, bed length, etc.
Half of the threads require questions like "What color, where are you located, will you ship?" etc
 
  #9  
Old 04-20-2009
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 View Post
i dont mean to bicker, but i know one time i had a thread closed because no state in the title, but at first i couldnt figure out what the deal was.
wouldnt it almost be easier if you guys either A: sent us a private message stating you closed the thread?
or B: fixing it yourself (if its something small like that, and im sure mods have the power to do so..) and sending us a private message stating what we did wrong

i think less people would complain about it that way..

just sayin! :D
Would be easier for the person who screwed up? Yes. But we're not here to babysit and run around fixing things for everyone and explain everything 100 times over and over. The idea is for people to actually try reading the rules before they start posting. Its not like they are hidden. I sound mean but its true.
 
  #10  
Old 04-20-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
okay thats understandable

and yeah, i guess it would only benefit the person that made the mistake.

nevermind! :D
 
  #11  
Old 04-20-2009
Ace's Avatar
Ace
Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,450
The best way to learn is from personal experience.
 
  #12  
Old 04-20-2009
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: vienna va
Posts: 663
yeah. it would be nice to get a PM. but i understand that it must be too much work on the mods. it sucks when you do something wrong and dont understand why.
 
  #13  
Old 04-20-2009
TazDevil07's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Slower Lower, DE
Posts: 1,623
This was by far, not a ***** thread. I simply asked a question. Didn't think the state had to be there for WTB. But no biggy.....I'm cool with it.............

so QUIT YOUR BICKERING BOYS!! LMAO
 
  #14  
Old 04-20-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
when i have to delete my PM box on a weekly basis i try to steer away from sending PMs like that.


If you look at the classified section you can really see the difference in a thread that followed the rules and one that does not. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

I once would post it, but then all these bogus locked threads get bumped in active topics. Its best to close it and the user post a new one.
 
  #15  
Old 04-20-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Originally Posted by FoxxyFiveO View Post
This was by far, not a ***** thread. I simply asked a question. Didn't think the state had to be there for WTB. But no biggy.....I'm cool with it.............

so QUIT YOUR BICKERING BOYS!! LMAO
its fine. next time send a PM to one of the mods or admins, they can tell you what happened to the thread.
 
  #16  
Old 04-20-2009
TazDevil07's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Slower Lower, DE
Posts: 1,623
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
its fine. next time send a PM to one of the mods or admins, they can tell you what happened to the thread.
Thanks Zach
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
redranger05
Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc.
3
03-31-2009 09:00 PM
Z06
2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech
156
12-15-2008 02:54 PM
lifted97ranger
Ranger-Forums Office
26
05-06-2007 10:33 AM
VulcanMotor~PowerHouse
2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech
27
01-09-2007 07:08 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did whomever close my thread?


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.