XLT package.. - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-22-2009
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Dang I thought Aaron was back! It's been a boring weekend, this could've saved it. LOL

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-22-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Ok for one "AEA" how in hell did you find the damn thread and why... and second like temp ban for that crap lol...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-22-2009
AEA's Avatar
AEA AEA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas - Lake Texoma
Posts: 99
So what? It is still usable information for people who want to know!

Especially those that use the SEARCH button to find information.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-22-2009
AEA's Avatar
AEA AEA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas - Lake Texoma
Posts: 99
I used the search button and stumbled across this thread and then thought I might add to it for accurate information.

Sorry if the idea of the Site is NOT information. In my opinion, more is better.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-22-2009
AEA's Avatar
AEA AEA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas - Lake Texoma
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
... and second like temp ban for that crap lol...
If a BAN is warranted for posting correct information (no matter how old the thread is) then bring it on.......I will get the hint.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-23-2009
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
He's just messing with you AEA. Welcome to the site!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-23-2009
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Stop pissin off the noobs Zach lol.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Guy15 View Post
Stop pissin off the noobs Zach lol.
ya i see someone needs a Zanex lol....


AEA you dont need to post more on a dead thread over 4 years old made by a member that was perm banned lol... its kinda frowned upon lol


chill its called joking with you...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-23-2009
0RangerEdge2's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,593
Zach's humor takes a bit to get used to but he usually means well.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-23-2009
99MazdaB4000's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,980
lol, AEA, don't mind Stoner....took me awhile, he's not so bad after all. hahah.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-23-2009
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MazdaB4000 View Post
lol, AEA, don't mind Stoner....took me awhile, he's not so bad after all. hahah.
Kind of like one of those friends that constantly runs you over in GTA4 when you are playing online and on the same team....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-23-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, Connecticut
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyard View Post
Kind of like one of those friends that constantly runs you over in GTA4 when you are playing online and on the same team....

LOL, that's sig stuff right there...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-23-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, Connecticut
Posts: 107
And, what exactly is the XLT option???? Really weird, cause i have a 98 ranger, POWER NOTHING....no tilt...but i do have a carpet and a sliding rear window. BTW, it's single cab, 4x4 step side with off road stickers....do the stickers make it xlt??
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red91Stang View Post
And, what exactly is the XLT option???? Really weird, cause i have a 98 ranger, POWER NOTHING....no tilt...but i do have a carpet and a sliding rear window. BTW, it's single cab, 4x4 step side with off road stickers....do the stickers make it xlt??
its a trim package you can get an XLT stripped down to nothing almost an XL thats how my 1993 Silver truck was only options where chrome bumpers and A/C....

Usually XLT come with chrome instead of Matt finish bumpers and carpet and cloth seats standard and you go from there building it up with options
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-23-2009
LuckyRanger13's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Fe, TN
Posts: 554
The back tinted glass, sliding window, power what not, and stuff was an option with the XLT. I have the tinted windows and the sliding back window, but no power anything. I like manual anywho. Ain't gotta replace a power window thingy.

My bumpers are chrome, the grill is the plastic 4x4 chrome. I have the stepside.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-23-2009
pacodiablo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,126
Here's what I posted on TRS:

The XLT package is just nicer standard trim. The content differences between the XL and XLT vary from year to year.

From 1993-2000 the XLT package added chrome bumpers, a chrome grille, carpet, and nicer door panels. A cassette player and cloth split bench were standard on the XLT, but optional on the XL. Also, in 1993-1994 some XLs actually came with carpet.

There was an XL only Sport package in 1993-1994 that included XLT style aluminum wheels and decals similar to those on STXs. Later on the Sport package became available for both the XL and XLT. The later Sport package included painted bumpers, a painted grille, and 15x7 wheels.

In 2001-2002, the XLT package included all of the previous upgrades, plus 15x7 wheels (2WD), upgraded side mirrors, and a CD player. In 2003 chrome was no longer standard and was optional in an "Appearance Package." Around 2004 or 2005, Ford added a "Value Package" for the XLT that deleted the carpet. XLT trim has varied since then, but the basic idea is the same.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
Here's what I posted on TRS:

The XLT package is just nicer standard trim. The content differences between the XL and XLT vary from year to year.
highly Very...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
From 1993-2000 the XLT package added chrome bumpers, a chrome grille, carpet, and nicer door panels. A cassette player and cloth split bench were standard on the XLT, but optional on the XL. Also, in 1993-1994 some XLs actually came with carpet.
1993-1994 usually never came with chrome almost always Argent Grill...
Carpet is always an option on XL..


Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
There was an XL only Sport package in 1993-1994 that included XLT style aluminum wheels and decals similar to those on STXs. Later on the Sport package became available for both the XL and XLT. The later Sport package included painted bumpers, a painted grille, and 15x7 wheels.
Funny thing is my XLT in 1993 came with Argent steel wheels lol...

also Splash on Gen 3 years are painted Sport didnt start the Monochrome till late 1998 when the splash was phased out
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-23-2009
pacodiablo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
1993-1994 usually never came with chrome almost always Argent Grill
The "egg crate" part was argent, but XLTs always got a chrome strip along the top. Some 4x4s had all argent grilles that were a different design with "4x4" molded into the plastic, but most I've seen are the egg crate with at least a chrome strip at the top (and some are all chrome).

Quote:
Carpet is always an option on XL..
No it isn't. Cloth seats are, but carpeting is not. Since at least 1998, and probably earlier, all XLs have had the vinyl floor from the factory. That's not to say a dealer or owner can't easily swap for carpet, but XLs haven't left the factory that way in a long time.

Quote:
Funny thing is my XLT in 1993 came with Argent steel wheels lol...
Were they original to the truck? Most XLTs got the "deer hoof" wheels, though I have seen them with the steel wheels that came on the Splash 2WD as well. 4x4s had a Splash style steel wheel standard, but it was argent instead of chrome. Is that what your truck had?

Quote:
also Splash on Gen 3 years are painted Sport didnt start the Monochrome till late 1998 when the splash was phased out
That's why I said the "later Sport." The first Sport package had an argent grille and bumpers and was XL only.

Last edited by pacodiablo; 02-23-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-23-2009
02oregonedge+'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OR!
Posts: 1,086
Can you say NOOBIE....
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
The "egg crate" part was argent, but XLTs always got a chrome strip along the top. Some 4x4s had all argent grilles that were a different design with "4x4" molded into the plastic, but most I've seen are the egg crate with at least a chrome strip at the top (and some are all chrome).
There was also a CHROME "egg crate" grille not just the upper molding i know the difference i had found a ford factory one and installed it on the truck do you need pics? 1993-1994 XLT and XL had Separate upper molding that went around the head light but 4x4 and splash had the integrated upper molding.. yes XL was Argent and XLT is chrome..

I know the difference i dont need to be schooled.. i am just pointing out difference i have seen over the days


you can see here behind the push bar


Name:  Silvertrucktrain027.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  125.0 KB




Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
No it isn't. Cloth seats are, but carpeting is not. Since at least 1998, and probably earlier, all XLs have had the vinyl floor from the factory. That's not to say a dealer or owner can't easily swap for carpet, but XLs haven't left the factory that way in a long time.
its still in the order from at the dealer when building a vehicle for carpet so yes it can be done before delivery you really wanna get that technical?


Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
Were they original to the truck? Most XLTs got the "deer hoof" wheels, though I have seen them with the steel wheels that came on the Splash 2WD as well. 4x4s had a Splash style steel wheel standard, but it was argent instead of chrome. Is that what your truck had?
yes the 4 oval hole Argent Steelies where 100% original to my truck the truck had not been changed, it sat in a garage before i got it plus it was on the Build sheet which i cant provide anymore being i left it in the owners manual when sold the truck wasnt a splash btw... it was XLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
That's why I said the "later Sport." The first Sport package had an argent grille and bumpers and was XL only.
yes i remember those it also had Stickers on the tail gate instead of the Ford emblem...

Last edited by Redneckstone; 02-23-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-23-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Was I even born when this thread was made?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-23-2009
pacodiablo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
There was also a CHROME "egg crate" grille not just the upper molding i know the difference i had found a ford factory one and installed it on the truck do you need pics? 1993-1994 XLT and XL had Separate upper molding that went around the head light but 4x4 and splash had the integrated upper molding.. yes XL was Argent and XLT is chrome..
I did say that some were all chrome.

Quote:
its still in the order from at the dealer when building a vehicle for carpet so yes it can be done before delivery you really wanna get that technical?
It doesn't really matter to me, I'm just saying, I've never seen a Ranger XL built after 1994 that had factory carpet. It's not listed as an option in brochures or online, though I suppose anything can be custom ordered.

Quote:
yes the 4 oval hole Argent Steelies where 100% original to my truck the truck had not been changed, it sat in a garage before i got it plus it was on the Build sheet which i cant provide anymore being i left it in the owners manual when sold the truck wasnt a splash btw... it was XLT
I know what wheels you are talking about now. I've seen XLTs with those too, they just aren't as common.

You don't have to have a Splash to get the Splash style chrome steel wheels. My cousin had a 1995 XLT he bought new that had the chrome five hole wheels that were standard on 2WD Splashes. My roommate's 1997 XLT has the same wheels as well.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-23-2009
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
I have a 93-94 chrome lower grille piece. It's mint except it has the tabs at the bottom busted. You can use zipties or bolts to keep it secure if you are ****. lol
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-23-2009
dangerranger93's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NOVA
Posts: 468
Name:  holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  51.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
You don't have to have a Splash to get the Splash style chrome steel wheels. My cousin had a 1995 XLT he bought new that had the chrome five hole wheels that were standard on 2WD Splashes. My roommate's 1997 XLT has the same wheels as well.
i didnt say splash wheels, NOR did i say anything about splash wheels love how your making words out of nothing..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP!! Will 15" rims fit my 04 ranger with the xlt appearance package??? Clean04Xlt Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 7 09-13-2010 06:42 AM
Will 04 Tremor package wire up to 2003 XLT? nickelmore Audio & Video Tech 1 05-18-2010 08:12 PM
XLT SPORT Package? God,Country,FORD Exterior Semi-Tech 24 02-23-2009 10:52 PM
Edge Package vs. Fx4 Package Dromlace General Ford Ranger Discussion 32 10-27-2008 08:41 PM
1995 Ford F150 with Regency conversion package. PickupMan92 General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 08-05-2004 03:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.