2004 single cab bucket seat help - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Interior Semi-Tech General discussion of interior for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-01-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vero beach, florida
Posts: 8
2004 single cab bucket seat help

i have a 2004 single cab with the stock 60/40 split bench seat and i am currently swaping a 5.0 into, also i am replacing the front suspension with a blitzkrieg long travel kit, and the rear end is getting 4 linked with a bed cage and king shocks. but i digress i am wanting a set of bucket seats that are going to hold me in pretty good and that will bolt directly into my stock mounting spots. i dont want to have to weld or cut anything im doing enough of that now.

if any one has any pointers id b very greatful

and i will b going to the junkyard for a free pull of whatever i want what are some other things i should get and what/how to add them to my truck

Last edited by Bad4ssGrass; 09-01-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add things i left out
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2011
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
not too many options for 98+ reg cabs without cutting welding. basically, you need to find something from a 98+ reg cab.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vero beach, florida
Posts: 8
ok so 98 n newer i need to find reg cab ranger buckets correct?
and say i wanted to cut what seats would b the most comfortable and what would i have to do to get them in
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 33
You can get buckets from a 98+ ex cab ranger but you have to totally disassemble the seats to put the bucket seat bottoms on your regular cab brackets. There's a tread on here or possibly The Ranger Station that sorta has a walk thru with pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2011
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
You can get buckets from a 98+ ex cab ranger but you have to totally disassemble the seats to put the bucket seat bottoms on your regular cab brackets. There's a tread on here or possibly The Ranger Station that sorta has a walk thru with pictures.
04's are different than 98-03. i think the tracks can still be swapped around, but a 98 seat won't go on an 04 track.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr View Post
04's are different than 98-03. i think the tracks can still be swapped around, but a 98 seat won't go on an 04 track.
The tracks on 98+ seats are integrated into the seats(the seat backs actually attach to the tracks, not the seat bottom). From what I've seen 98-03 and 04+ tracks/brackets are the same, the only differences are the seat's skeleton and padding, the seats attach to the tracks the same way 98-03 vs 04+.

**Not My Picture, I stole it from an other thread**


So with that being said, you have to completely disassemble both seats of seats down to seat back, seat bottom and tracks/brackets(brackets pictured above). Then reassemble the bucket seats(seat bottom & back) onto the regular cab tracks/brackets.

Does that make sense?(Seriously its late and my brain isn't working)
Attached Thumbnails
2004 single cab bucket seat help-mvc00057.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2011
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Here is an option, not that the Ford seats are the best for holding you in BUT.
Keep your 40% passenger seat, go to local JY and find another passenger seat that matches yours and bolt your existing driver's side track to it.
All of the mechanicals for the seat is in the track so no problem with side to side swap.

These are OEM Type seats not high performance.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2011
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
The tracks on 98+ seats are integrated into the seats(the seat backs actually attach to the tracks, not the seat bottom). From what I've seen 98-03 and 04+ tracks/brackets are the same, the only differences are the seat's skeleton and padding, the seats attach to the tracks the same way 98-03 vs 04+.

**Not My Picture, I stole it from an other thread**


So with that being said, you have to completely disassemble both seats of seats down to seat back, seat bottom and tracks/brackets(brackets pictured above). Then reassemble the bucket seats(seat bottom & back) onto the regular cab tracks/brackets.

Does that make sense?(Seriously its late and my brain isn't working)
you are completely right about the 98-03 tracks being part of the recline assembly. i've posted that pic many times explaining the difference between pre 97 and 98-03 tracks. in 04, the seats changed again. they went square shaped. the track assembly also changed. the recline mechanism works off cables, not a direct linkage. also, 04+ seats (from what i can recall. haven't worked on a set in a year or so) have 4 bolts to unbolt the track from the seat again. but i think the cable system has some other stuff to unbolt. they aren't the same.

here is the best pic i have found of an 04+ seat. notice the recline handle. not the same as the 98-03s. you can also see how the recline assembly works, and how the back rest is bolted on. not the same as the 98-03
Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  137.9 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
Here is an option, not that the Ford seats are the best for holding you in BUT.
Keep your 40% passenger seat, go to local JY and find another passenger seat that matches yours and bolt your existing driver's side track to it.
All of the mechanicals for the seat is in the track so no problem with side to side swap.

These are OEM Type seats not high performance.
x2, you could always get an upholstery shop to build up the bolsters into a better holding shape as well, then get them recovered.

Last edited by drppdyllwrngr; 09-03-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How-To: 60/40 Bench Seat to 40/40 Bucket Seat rngprerunner Interior, Exterior, & Electrical 13 03-05-2015 06:03 PM
Want to Buy: driver bucket seat and rear seat cwj Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 14 09-28-2010 10:02 PM
For Sale: FREE - Ext Cab Bucket Seat Slider Frames Only - MA Scrambler82 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 10 05-21-2010 10:56 AM
Want to Buy: Bucket Seat Mounting for Std Cab. - MA Scrambler82 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 21 05-10-2010 06:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.