screwed up painting interior pieces, where to buy new? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

Interior Semi-Tech General discussion of interior for the Ford Ranger.

screwed up painting interior pieces, where to buy new?


Old 04-02-2005
james13f's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: charlotte, nc
Posts: 90
screwed up painting interior pieces, where to buy new?

i painted the mirror defrost vents, they came out fine...but i'm not sure i like it.

and i painted the door locks (i have manual locks), the cylinder part that you unscrew to pull out. the thing you mash down to lock the door.

that got f*cked up bad. i sanded em down and painted them, one came out fine, the other i was going to resand and paint. so i put the good one back in, and it was to tight. to get it in the "lock" position, it scrapes a bunch of the paint off, and generally looks ****ty.

i was thinking of just replacing them with billet, and might do that, but i still need to know where to get the vents if i continue to not like them.

anybody wanna trade red vents for stock grey? they look fine...just don't really like'em that much.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
just the phone book too used auto part section and start calling
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005
BaggedEdge's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 291
Id say for the door locks just replace them Autozone has some pretty nice billet ones, as for the A/C vents u'll have to check around ur local junk yards or u could maybe sand them down again and try ur best to color match them to ur interior color or, the always last ditch effort go to ur local Ford dealership and have them order u new ones but only if money is no object cuz they'll cost $$$$
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 3,048
they shouldnt be that expensive from a dealership. worst comes to worst you could send them to and have them make them another color, like brushed alum or carbon fiber, thats what i would do
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005
birdie2000's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Abilene,Texas
Posts: 528
check out
i have the regular pins that are listed on the left of the page
they have a bunch in billet and you can get the little ring that goes around the pins...they also have some other cool stuff as well...look all products becasue some mustang stuff will fit our trucks....
you didnt ask for billet but if you are going to relplace then you might as well.
Reply With Quote
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
01-08-2010 06:02 PM
Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc.
12-25-2009 09:31 PM
Interior Semi-Tech
06-06-2007 07:58 PM
Interior Semi-Tech
01-09-2006 03:16 PM
Interior Semi-Tech
04-22-2005 09:53 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: screwed up painting interior pieces, where to buy new?

Contact Us Sitemap Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.