2009 Silver lake Dunes meet May 28-31 - Page 28 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Meets, Greets, & Events Schedule a meet, start a club, or attending a show? General discussion of information pertaining to meet and greets and events.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #676  
Old 05-10-2009
casfz1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: southgate, mi
Posts: 1,989
Zack since I don't know what time I will make it Friday night will you pick my pass up for Saturday.
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 05-10-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
yeah i am sure i can. wont be an issue. just need a license plate number.
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 05-10-2009
Level III Supporter
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
OK.....after weeks of nagging I think I have the GF talked into going this year! Prolly just head out Saturday about 4-5am so we can be there early Saturday morning{ 4hr drive for me} and stay till dark then head home or look for a room for night.

BTW, I didnt have time to read thru 27 frickin pages of your posts!! Is there anything in there I should know about? This will be my first dune trip ever.
Completely read the main first post is pretty much everything you need to know and like beard said the voucher on friday night

updated for you
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 05-11-2009
deathbypsi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Temperance Mi
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
gotta have a dunes flag and pass.

if they are busy one of us need to get your license plate and get you a pass for saturday. they hand those out on Friday.
Im welding a mounting tab to my winch mount tomorrow for a flag.Where does one get a flag like that?

Oh and here is my plate number
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 05-11-2009
casfz1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: southgate, mi
Posts: 1,989
You can buy the flags at just about any store up there.
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 05-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
from my understanding it has to be a DUNES flag, nothing else.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 05-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
So far the weather is in the 60s there.

Would love to see it get a bit warmer!
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 05-11-2009
deathbypsi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Temperance Mi
Posts: 676
Chad, does your dad come with you by any chance? Be cool to let him take the old truck for a spin.
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 05-11-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
from my understanding it has to be a DUNES flag, nothing else.
i dont see why they would care as long as its orange and meets height requirment....
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 05-11-2009
Level III Supporter
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
Chad, does your dad come with you by any chance? Be cool to let him take the old truck for a spin.
he hasnt come as of yet
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 05-11-2009
Level III Supporter
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
So far the weather is in the 60s there.

Would love to see it get a bit warmer!
ya getting glad i got a hotel gonna be like 35-40 at night so far lol
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 05-11-2009
0RangerEdge2's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,593
Woo for hotel. I'm staying across the pool from you Zach!
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 05-11-2009
My91Ranger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by howells View Post
i dont see why they would care as long as its orange and meets height requirment....
My best suggestion would be run a dunes flag. Last year I bought my own flags online and installed them on my truck and a 4 wheeler. They were a bigger flag then the dunes provides, and met the height requirement. I had to add "more orange" to the flags and ended up buying dunes flags b/c they kept giving me trouble about it.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 05-11-2009
malydeen's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
ya getting glad i got a hotel gonna be like 35-40 at night so far lol
I was camping on friday night and it got down to 30*. I didnt have any problems. Just be prepared for it and you will be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 05-11-2009
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
i sleep better in the cold to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #691  
Old 05-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
camping is fine with me too, i dont care the weather, its gonna be fun no matter what. although its just that much better if its warm and sunny.
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 05-11-2009
malydeen's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
camping is fine with me too, i dont care the weather, its gonna be fun no matter what. although its just that much better if its warm and sunny.
Touche.

Although the most fun I have ever had camping was in the middle of February on the border on Minnesota and Canada. The daily high temp was 15*
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 05-11-2009
Level III Supporter
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0RangerEdge2 View Post
Woo for hotel. I'm staying across the pool from you Zach!
There is a pool!? holy crap didnt know


Quote:
Originally Posted by malydeen View Post
I was camping on friday night and it got down to 30*. I didnt have any problems. Just be prepared for it and you will be fine.
I am prepared but the problem alies that my Tent is a 3 season not a 4 season so when its cold that damn air vent at the top turns into a let out all the hot air and it gets really freaking cold in there.. plus this way i dont have to listen to the GF ***** about it being cold like last year...

The summer or Fall meet when ever we have it when it will be warmer i wont be bringing her and just camping in the tent lol...


Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
camping is fine with me too, i dont care the weather, its gonna be fun no matter what. although its just that much better if its warm and sunny.
100% agree the year before this one it was like 50-60 at night and was wonderful!!!
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 05-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
yeah the spring meet last year was a bit cold. the summer meet it was perfect! that was an awesome time for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 05-11-2009
malydeen's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
I am prepared but the problem alies that my Tent is a 3 season not a 4 season so when its cold that damn air vent at the top turns into a let out all the hot air and it gets really freaking cold in there.. plus this way i dont have to listen to the GF ***** about it being cold like last year...

The summer or Fall meet when ever we have it when it will be warmer i wont be bringing her and just camping in the tent lol...
Ah yes the girlfriend. I just cuddle up with mine for warmth. I like it, she hates it. My new tent is a very large tent so theres no such thing as keeping warm air in. When the wind blows you can feel it because of the vents. It will be nice when it gets warm but when its cold it sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 05-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Ive got a few things for sale if anyone is interested...

access roll up cover $75

Nathan P3 horns with a 5 gallon tank and vair380 compressor $400

if anyone else has stuff post it up, makes a good time to swap stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 05-11-2009
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
i dont have anything to get rid of but i do have 4 new shocks on the way :D
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 05-11-2009
0RangerEdge2's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,593
I have all kinds of junk. Explorer OHC with sunroof button, 01-05 amber corners, 98+ 4x4 ubolts and spring plates, 2wd aluminum driveshaft...that's all I can think of right now.
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 05-11-2009
casfz1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: southgate, mi
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
Chad, does your dad come with you by any chance? Be cool to let him take the old truck for a spin.
No he will not be coming. We will have to meet up this summer, maybe at the mounds.
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 05-11-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by My91Ranger View Post
My best suggestion would be run a dunes flag. Last year I bought my own flags online and installed them on my truck and a 4 wheeler. They were a bigger flag then the dunes provides, and met the height requirement. I had to add "more orange" to the flags and ended up buying dunes flags b/c they kept giving me trouble about it.
well i will try mine out and if they give me any hassel i will just buy one also no biggie..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silver Lake Sand Dunes - 2010 Meet My91Ranger Meets, Greets, & Events 331 06-04-2010 10:43 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.