Silver Lake Dunes Spring/Summer Trip (June23-24) - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Meets, Greets, & Events Schedule a meet, start a club, or attending a show? General discussion of information pertaining to meet and greets and events.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-23-2012
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Silver Lake Dunes Spring/Summer Trip (June23-24)

Anyone want to get it together again? I know tons have people have been busy lately and hell even had changes in their lives. Hell I dont even have my ranger anymore but I'd still like to hangout with the usual suspects and just cruze the dunes in my F250. I am down for getting anything together,spring or summer which ever works best for most people. Its just a awesome trip

Attached Thumbnails
Silver Lake Dunes Spring/Summer Trip (June23-24)-dunes2009086.jpg  

Last edited by StxDangerRanger; 02-05-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
I started my fund last week. putting $100 away every two weeks. hopefully i don't have to use the money for any emergencies.
I will have my truck by then, might be lifting it at Justins.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2012
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
awesome. would be sweet to see you out there again!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
awesome. would be sweet to see you out there again!
Yeah i miss being out there. No tires will be ruined this time though. I'll probably once again get the "wow you're far from home" from the people that check your flag before going into the dunes thanks to my wonderful mass plates haha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2012
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
haha yeah I got plenty of "minnesota?..really?" yup its that badass that I drove clear around the stupid damn lake to get here.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
haha yeah I got plenty of "minnesota?..really?" yup its that badass that I drove clear around the stupid damn lake to get here.
haha i have 4ish hours more than you which sucks. 13 hours to justins place
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2012
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
as long as you stay like, wed.-sunday its worth it. If the damn lake wasn't in my way or they made a sweet *** bridge it'd only take me like 7 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
as long as you stay like, wed.-sunday its worth it. If the damn lake wasn't in my way or they made a sweet *** bridge it'd only take me like 7 hours.
haha Idk what im doing yet but i might be joining on the campground to save some money. the way there i slept when i got into NY for 2 hours and on the way home i did 16 hours straight, terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
I got you both beat brahs.... Canada. Period.

I made a thread asking about it but not alot of traffic. I'd be down closer to the start of June as opposed to last years trip. That way if a second trip wanted to be made there would be time for it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
I got you both beat brahs.... Canada. Period.

I made a thread asking about it but not alot of traffic. I'd be down closer to the start of June as opposed to last years trip. That way if a second trip wanted to be made there would be time for it.
shows 4hrs on google maps from windsor to mears lol

isn't it normally on the weekend after memorial day? that would be the 1st of june (friday)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-23-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Just cuz it's only 4 hours don't mean squat! According to beaurocratic red tape. I am an international traveler. Suck it trebeck!

Yea it was originally a week or two after memorial day but everyone was too busy this year and it got pushed back to end of June/beginning of July.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Just cuz it's only 4 hours don't mean squat! According to beaurocratic red tape. I am an international traveler. Suck it trebeck!

Yea it was originally a week or two after memorial day but everyone was too busy this year and it got pushed back to end of June/beginning of July.
hahaha idk ill go for the first one regardless when it is in june. getting off of work isn't a problem, i just need to figure out my summer class stuff once the time gets closer.

might not be coilovered by then but who knows!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
I'd like to be but other things are a priority right meow. Count me in for the trip though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2012
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
I plan on trying to go. I'd like to take the truck out there, but in all honesty. I'm not too sure it'll last into summer.
however, I'm trying to get a new truck also. So i'll be in the same boat as Perdo. Starting my fund soon.
Also, If you guys want an extra hand at Justins, count me in.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I plan on trying to go. I'd like to take the truck out there, but in all honesty. I'm not too sure it'll last into summer.
however, I'm trying to get a new truck also. So i'll be in the same boat as Perdo. Starting my fund soon.
Also, If you guys want an extra hand at Justins, count me in.
We'll see what happens. I might be lifted already or i might drive down there with rake. AAL in the back and maxed bars up front with the 33s on lol
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2012
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
I wanna go i just have to convince the Girl some how (hates anything involving ford and anything trucks)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
I wanna go i just have to convince the Girl some how (hates anything involving ford and anything trucks)
find a new one? lol jk
im going alone to avoid whining
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2012
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
find a new one? lol jk
im going alone to avoid whining
Give her the iPad and shes good till it dies lmfao
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2012
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
ill be there...pedro better be too
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4 View Post
ill be there...pedro better be too
BATES!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-23-2012
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
I've been looking at Trucks on CL now.
Great.
I'd rock the Cali Rake. I plan on Doing Shackels, Max T-bars, Body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I've been looking at Trucks on CL now.
Great.
I'd rock the Cali Rake. I plan on Doing AAL, Max T-bars, Body lift.
fixed lol. i HATE shackles after ruining my tires....at the dunes :(
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2012
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
fixed lol. i HATE shackles after ruining my tires....at the dunes :(
It was gonna be either or type deal.
Depends on what kind of truck i buy. If it dosen't have 4.10's in it. Then its gonna be AAL and Expo axle.
if its got 4.10's stock, then Shackles.
Basicily. I'm just looking for anything 4.0 with a 4x4 that has around 100k on it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2012
malydeen's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 632
June 14th - 17th works best for me, but May 31st-June 3rd also work.

I have other more important drinking obligations June 7th-10th.

Also last night I had a dream about the dunes. I need to get out there! Its been too long.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by malydeen View Post

Also last night I had a dream about the dunes. I need to get out there! Its been too long.
was it wet?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer 2014 Silver Lakes Sand Dunes Trip. StxDangerRanger Meets, Greets, & Events 150 05-27-2014 05:56 PM
2011 Spring/Summer Silver Lake Sand Dunes Trip (June 16-19) zabeard Meets, Greets, & Events 387 06-20-2011 03:38 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.