Member Introductions New to Ranger-Forums.com? Please take a moment and introduce yourself.

My "new" (to me) truck

  #1  
Old 11-01-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
My "new" (to me) truck

Haven't posted here since forever lol, but I'm back, with a Ranger! 👍

2000 xlt 4 door 3.0L w auto. Has some extra goodies like bluetooth radio, LED tails, LED light bar and a sub with amp. Very well kept by previous owner. Has new tires, suspension components and cooling system. I love this thing!







I installed a mc guard tailgate lock an replaced the crappy aftermarket horns with OEM 2010 f-150 units so it sounds right as it should.
 
  #2  
Old 11-02-2018
cliffdog2004's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Irvine
Posts: 330
Holy moly!

That radio looks like the flight deck of a Boeing 777!

Good find!
 
  #3  
Old 11-04-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by cliffdog2004 View Post
Holy moly!

That radio looks like the flight deck of a Boeing 777!

Good find!
Yeah, that preamp eq below it sure has a few ***** lol Thanks!
 
  #4  
Old 12-05-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Update

Yesterday I installed a 180 superstat with felpro gasket. It had no t-stat, and it ran way too cold. I also gave the throttle plate a cleaning. Was way too filthy.


Also the driver's side window regulator was busted. I hate those rivets.






Finished installing the new one today.

 
  #5  
Old 12-05-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Next on the list, fix/replace the power mirrors. I'm wondering if the ones on the 2006-11 will fit. Kinda like they are way bigger.
 
  #6  
Old 12-05-2018
cliffdog2004's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Irvine
Posts: 330
I cringe on the teeth on your regulator. Ow.

About those '06 mirrors, here's How-To post on that.

Compare the mount on your stock mirror to the '06 mirrors here and see if they're similar.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/interi...irrors-107484/

Best of luck!
 
  #7  
Old 12-12-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by cliffdog2004 View Post
I cringe on the teeth on your regulator. Ow.

About those '06 mirrors, here's How-To post on that.

Compare the mount on your stock mirror to the '06 mirrors here and see if they're similar.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/interi...irrors-107484/

Best of luck!
I've never seen a regulator go that bad before. Thanks for the link!
 
  #8  
Old 12-25-2018
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Since I'm parting out this:

To fix my 94 GT, the truck will get rear disc brakes later on.
 
  #9  
Old 12-28-2018
cliffdog2004's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Irvine
Posts: 330
Me likie your thinkin'

IF and when you do, do remember to research about adjustable brake proportioning valves.

Since the discs are more efficient at stopping the damn thing, you may need to use an adjustable proportioning valve (stock isn't adjustable) to reduce the split of work the brakes do so they don't lock up during stopping. I don't know if the ABS (if equipped) will compensate. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Fairly cheap part. Like 40 bux for generic and 80 (or so) for Willwood on Amazon. Good luck!
 
  #10  
Old 01-25-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Took off the bed liner to see if the bed was rusted out or not. Fortunately it's on pretty good shape.

 
  #11  
Old 02-03-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
I sanded off the little rust spots it had on the bed floor and gave it a coat of 2 in 1 paint to help preserve it. Also installed the bed liner with new stainless steel hardware.
 
  #12  
Old 02-03-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by cliffdog2004 View Post
Me likie your thinkin'

IF and when you do, do remember to research about adjustable brake proportioning valves.

Since the discs are more efficient at stopping the damn thing, you may need to use an adjustable proportioning valve (stock isn't adjustable) to reduce the split of work the brakes do so they don't lock up during stopping. I don't know if the ABS (if equipped) will compensate. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Fairly cheap part. Like 40 bux for generic and 80 (or so) for Willwood on Amazon. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip mine has ABS.
 
  #13  
Old 02-09-2019
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 4
Awesome truck and great job with it so far...we just picked up it's cousin last week...it's a 2001, but otherwise very much identical truck!

Keep up the good work and congrats with your new truck!
 
  #14  
Old 02-11-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Awesome truck and great job with it so far...we just picked up it's cousin last week...it's a 2001, but otherwise very much identical truck!

Keep up the good work and congrats with your new truck!
Nice! And thanks for your kind words.
 
  #15  
Old 02-11-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Managed to fix the rear drivers side rear door cables. Was a PITA since I didn"t know that the repair sleeves came in two sizes. At least one set came with the larger slots and was able to install them. Some pix:



 
  #16  
Old 02-24-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19

A well deserved vacuum cleaning.
 
  #17  
Old 02-24-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19


 
  #18  
Old 04-06-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Gave it a little tinted wax to help the hoid look a little nicer. The paint it's showing it's age, and some inconsiderate being scratched it by leaning something as if it was their truck 😡
At least that wax worked.
 
  #19  
Old 04-07-2019
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,296
Originally Posted by edumspeed View Post
Next on the list, fix/replace the power mirrors. I'm wondering if the ones on the 2006-11 will fit. Kinda like they are way bigger.
There are How-To's on this subject, minor mods to the mirrors or doors, allows the mounting of these mirrors.
The wiring should be easy enough !

Ltr
 
  #20  
Old 04-17-2019
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19




Some pics from my trip to the coast last week
 
  #21  
Old 1 Week Ago
edumspeed's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 19
Changed the oil & filter. Motorcraft filter and full synthetic 5w30. I'm glad I did since the last owner forgot to tighten the oil filter. And to my surprise it didn't leak! It was barely finger tight!

 
  #22  
Old 1 Week Ago
2011Supercab's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by edumspeed View Post
I'm glad I did since the last owner forgot to tighten the oil filter. And to my surprise it didn't leak! It was barely finger tight!
That's about how tight it should be, 1/4 to 1/3 turn after contact.

NEVER use a filter wrench to tighten a spin on oil filter, you should be able to remove a properly tightened oil filter by hand.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
buggman
Ranger-Forums Office
1
06-01-2012 11:20 PM
BamaRanger09
Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
4
04-24-2009 10:29 PM
RangerBoy02FX4
4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech
15
08-26-2006 12:32 AM
pushdeck
General Ford Ranger Discussion
6
04-19-2006 08:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My "new" (to me) truck


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.