not surprised by Fords decision to drop Ranger - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Member Introductions New to Ranger-Forums.com? Please take a moment and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-21-2012
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stewartstown
Posts: 1
Icon8 not surprised by Fords decision to drop Ranger

Hello to all Ranger owners,
As my title says, I'm not surprised by Ford to drop the Ranger. After all they have done nothing to promote it. think about it. Such a great small truck and you never saw an ad on tv or in the newspaper saying how great the Ranger was. I belive the marketing people at Ford killed the Ranger through no advertising so ford could push the new F150 engine of which you have to pay extra for it. Did everyone know Ford is still going to make the Ranger for the europe market. No! you can't get it here. How many knew Ford was making the Ranger w/ a desiel engine. No! you couldn't get here. If I sound ticked off at Ford, well thats because I am. By the way, I have a 2011 XLT 4x4 super cab. I love the truck, but I will never owner another one.
Signed
England11
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2012
06FordFX4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 694
pretty sure most of us, if not all of us, know theyre still making the Global market Ranger, and pretty sure we all knew there was a diesel.....

if you dont want to own another quality ford vehicle, thats your choice.

i dont really see the point of this post...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
it's his introduction thread...

welcome to the site,
yep it's old news but what can you do?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2012
2006crfrider's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spokane,WA
Posts: 424
Great! one of these threads again....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2012
Ranger Smith's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 366
Old news my friend, Ford announced that they were killing the Ranger about 2 years ago and rave reviews of the new foreign Ranger have been coming in for months.

The best thing you can do is write ford a letter. Be sure to tell them you don't want an F150 or transit van, because thats what they will suggest.

GM is bringing their new global compact truck here, and I hope it sells like crazy to prove ford wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2012
06FordFX4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
Old news my friend, Ford announced that they were killing the Ranger about 2 years ago and rave reviews of the new foreign Ranger have been coming in for months.

The best thing you can do is write ford a letter. Be sure to tell them you don't want an F150 or transit van, because thats what they will suggest.

GM is bringing their new global compact truck here, and I hope it sells like crazy to prove ford wrong.
Lol to late he bought one

honestly, the global ranger looks like ****. i hope to hell they dont bring it here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2012
Ranger Smith's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06FordFX4 View Post
Lol to late he bought one

honestly, the global ranger looks like ****. i hope to hell they dont bring it here.
Read it again, or do you think he bought an F150 and then joined a Ranger forum?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2012
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Welcome to the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2012
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2012
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
Ford's dicision to kill the Ranger in the US Market has more to do with total BS emissions laws pushed by liberal tree huggers than an unprofittable product. The Ranger sells. People still buy the ranger. However due to emissions, truck companies have to install extremely expensive emissions parts in order to cut down on their 'green house gases' cause of 'global warming err I mean climate change.

Its like my 04 has 4 catalytic converters on it. Yet my 95 Ford E350 only has one. is the Ranger cleaner burning? Sure it is, however this fallacy that 'climate change' is soley the fault of Americans and their love for tracks is pure liberal BS!

You never ever hear about all the pollution that China, India, Malaysia, or Thialand put out... Ever. Remeberm because you own a 'truck' its YOUR fault we have 'climate change'

Which is why Ford scrapped the Ranger in the US Market
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-21-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006crfrider View Post
Great! one of these threads again....
Thats what I thought....

Welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD View Post
Ford's dicision to kill the Ranger in the US Market has more to do with total BS emissions laws pushed by liberal tree huggers than an unprofittable product. The Ranger sells. People still buy the ranger. However due to emissions, truck companies have to install extremely expensive emissions parts in order to cut down on their 'green house gases' cause of 'global warming err I mean climate change.

Its like my 04 has 4 catalytic converters on it. Yet my 95 Ford E350 only has one. is the Ranger cleaner burning? Sure it is, however this fallacy that 'climate change' is soley the fault of Americans and their love for tracks is pure liberal BS!

You never ever hear about all the pollution that China, India, Malaysia, or Thialand put out... Ever. Remeberm because you own a 'truck' its YOUR fault we have 'climate change'

Which is why Ford scrapped the Ranger in the US Market
That was quite the rant there...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2012
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
And the beat goes on, no... Rock Tough, no I think that is Chebby too !

What is FORD's ad... Oh ya, "Ford Tough"; tough $hit that is !

Ford,does not give a rat's @ss what we think.
Writing will do nothing, Ford just returns a form letter telling you to buy something else.

The only way to do something is to "buy something else"... another brand that is.

More of Toyota is made in this country than a Ford is, so buy Toyota and Ford MAY start to listen.

I know this thread is going no where and will do nothing to change FORD's mind but it always good,to rant once in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2012
FordTough2007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Auburn,ME/Selinsgrove,PA
Posts: 1,062
Attached Thumbnails
not surprised by Fords decision to drop Ranger-youmad.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2012
<TX>TORKiT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,551
RIP Ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-24-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTough2007 View Post
yeah he mad!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Jet Programmer 97-04 Ranger Plus lots of other Fords Ohio Police Interceptor Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 15 02-06-2011 10:07 PM
To Drop or Not to Drop (86' Ranger) CaliforniaX0 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 7 07-03-2010 01:47 PM
Surprised rwkessler Audio & Video Tech 10 01-01-2010 03:20 PM
Pleasantly surprised seed60 General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 09-16-2008 11:49 AM
very surprised 06fx4 L2 General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 10-14-2007 06:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.