V8 stock - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


New Ideas Have a new idea for your Ford Ranger? General discussion of new ideas for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 07-26-2005
_97_4X4_'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 289
hell, i know its a chevy engine, but what if ford made a 4.3L V6 like in the ZR2 S10's.......
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-27-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ***
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by _97_4X4_
hell, i know its a chevy engine, but what if ford made a 4.3L V6 like in the ZR2 S10's.......
Don't the SOHC 4.0's put out more power and torque than the 4.3?

BTW your truck looks fawkin sweet! Got any pics?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-09-2005
Lefty04LevelII's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILBLUE04FX4L2
just buy an F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlivewire
Buying an F-150 is going to be the best choice for you guys. Someone mentioned the Dakota earlier. V8 Dakotas are as expensive as a 1500 level Ram. So what exactly is the point.
I thought about getting a 150 after my accident in Feb. I even found a local 2001 4x4 150 x-cab 5.4L v8 auto with manual t-case for $12,000.....

....I went with another ranger because I didn't want to have 1) longer wheelbase, 2) FULL-SIZE = NO SIZE down trail. The Ranger's smaller, allowing me to go where a full-size can't. Not that a 150 is that much wider or longer, but every little inch counts.

I do wish the 4.0L was a DOHC, but I can still whip my friend's '98 3.4L V6 DOHC taco trd. And that's even if he put his 31's back on and regained 4.10 ratio.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-09-2005
WholesaleMN.com's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Blaine, Minnesota
Posts: 246
Did anyone else notice that in this picture, this ranger has EVERY Option in the books Except power windows! ROFL

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-12-2005
JCS30TH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bradenton, Fl
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlivewire
Buying an F-150 is going to be the best choice for you guys. Someone mentioned the Dakota earlier. V8 Dakotas are as expensive as a 1500 level Ram. So what exactly is the point.
This si true, my best friend went looking at a dakota quad cab adn teh sales tool talked him into a ram, it was less than 1k more i think
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-12-2005
BrianB31's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Belleville,MI
Posts: 109
Well I am an engineer at Ford, built my V8 truck and they see it all the time because it's my daily driver and it's in all the company car shows. Everyone who sees it loves it and always notes it looks stock because I took the time to do it right.

The problem is Ford will never V8 the truck because of CAFE. It's just like the Focus. It's for credits.


Quote:
Originally Posted by loneFX4
or they could just buy the 5.0 conversion kit and show ford sumthing im sure they already know.

maybe ford should just use the 4.2 out of an f-150. not an 8 but its bigger.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-2005
JCS30TH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bradenton, Fl
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB31
Well I am an engineer at Ford, built my V8 truck and they see it all the time because it's my daily driver and it's in all the company car shows. Everyone who sees it loves it and always notes it looks stock because I took the time to do it right.

The problem is Ford will never V8 the truck because of CAFE. It's just like the Focus. It's for credits.
I gurantee a 302 V-8 on the ranger would get just as good mileage as teh 245 SOHC. I am looking to swap an LS-1 in mine
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS30TH
I gurantee a 302 V-8 on the ranger would get just as good mileage as teh 245 SOHC. I am looking to swap an LS-1 in mine
chevy in a ford...I will hurt you !!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-13-2005
marcos's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: hesperia, California
Posts: 492
more power in a ranger that would be sweet.... you can never have enough can you.....

lol
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-13-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
How many of you will buy it? Not internet bs of "cool I want one," but how many of you have the resources to buy one?

Now how many non ranger enthusiast will buy one?

Now how much does it cost to add something like a V8 to a current truck? Will rear ends hold up to compete with a 60,000 mile warranty? How about transmissions?

Just cant see them doing it, dont think enough people will buy it.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-13-2005
GregsEdge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 283
We could all get the resources.....payments....loans whatever but would alot of us want to? Prolly not...Ima do a v8 swap this summer and ill be good
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-2005
HarryTasker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,491
A v8 in a ranger is not reasonable. There are desigs for v-6s that produce hp in the 350 range. This is more than enough for a truck the size of the ranger. If Ford wants to do something original offer a compact truck with a diesel engine.

I wouldn't bother buying a new ranger with a v8 it would be cheaper for me to mod my existing one to get a stock v8 hp. I would however buy a new ranger if it were diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-13-2005
01xltranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 3,200
I want a diesel.......mmmm Diesel....
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-13-2005
quicksilver2001's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Opelousas, Louisiana
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by _97_4X4_
hell, i know its a chevy engine, but what if ford made a 4.3L V6 like in the ZR2 S10's.......

screw a 4.3, i've smoked so many crap-talking 4.3 chevy owners, i just laugh at em now
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-13-2005
92 Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,229
hey i want to see this gen 2 with a 351w
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-13-2005
BrianB31's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Belleville,MI
Posts: 109
We do, they are available everywhere but here. Closest ones to us are in Mexico. 2.5 and 3.0L Diesels.



Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTasker
A v8 in a ranger is not reasonable. There are desigs for v-6s that produce hp in the 350 range. This is more than enough for a truck the size of the ranger. If Ford wants to do something original offer a compact truck with a diesel engine.

I wouldn't bother buying a new ranger with a v8 it would be cheaper for me to mod my existing one to get a stock v8 hp. I would however buy a new ranger if it were diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-14-2005
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Whom would buy a v8 ranger? Probably not many on this site, but if you look at RPS, myself and others that like to move quickly, or get into SERIOUS offroading, It would be a welcomed edition.

I kindof agree with Harry. Presently, Theres no market for it. Theres a select few individuals that would drop their current trucks and go buy one the day after it was released.. but that wouldn't make up 2% of all the present/current owners/buyers.

Ford has built 4 concept v8 style rangers that I've seen posted.. EVERYONE droolled over the ' Lightning Bolt ' , but how many of us would spend 30 grand on a truck with no cabin space, limited drivability ( your gonna take that truck out on a wet road? ) and fuel econemy thats well below what would be called ' sub par '?

Would make for a nice ' toy ', but then again, so would a v8 mustang thats already on the market and rolling off the assembly lines as I type this.

If ford looks at what it ' costs ' to do a v8 conversion, economically speaking its about 5 grand and your time. Take a ' diecent ' equipped 2wd truck ( 20grand ) and add another 5... 25grand for a ranger?

I've seen Brians truck in person several times now. With compliments intended, it looks like a factory install. I don't know how long it took him to do it or what he spent for everything ( trucks cost included ) , but it would be a tad bit pricey for most people, considering the amount of vehical they would be purchasing.

D.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-14-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
I kindof agree with Harry. Presently, Theres no market for it. Theres a select few individuals that would drop their current trucks and go buy one the day after it was released.. but that wouldn't make up 2% of all the present/current owners/buyers.

Ford has built 4 concept v8 style rangers that I've seen posted.. EVERYONE droolled over the ' Lightning Bolt ' , but how many of us would spend 30 grand on a truck with no cabin space, limited drivability ( your gonna take that truck out on a wet road? ) and fuel econemy thats well below what would be called ' sub par '?

Would make for a nice ' toy ', but then again, so would a v8 mustang thats already on the market and rolling off the assembly lines as I type this.

If ford looks at what it ' costs ' to do a v8 conversion, economically speaking its about 5 grand and your time. Take a ' diecent ' equipped 2wd truck ( 20grand ) and add another 5... 25grand for a ranger?



D.
Friend just sold his 02 or 03 Lightning. Mint, making 500rwhp, sold for 22k, had less than 15k miles.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-14-2005
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
"The 4.0L V6 has more than enough power for a vehicle this size in my opinion."

Its a good starting point for sure. We'll all have to see what the aftermarket for the Mustang boils up to.

D.
Im with D on this one. The 4.0 in the Mustang is (if not will be) one engine every company is making parts for. Superchargers will be out soon.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-14-2005
92 Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,229
so does anyone have the link to this 2nd gen.. i would really like to see it...


and i dont think that its very economical, i mean if the gas milage was super like what reg 4.0s are getting and it had a bigger cab with allot more space and stuff i might but its just not doable... imo of course
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-17-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
the pic would be great!!! ^
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-17-2005
92 Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,229
yea seriously i really would love to see it.. ive searched but i cant find a damn thing... help!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Cd player, Stock mud flaps, never used spare tire/wheel Arkansas TheBearJeweler Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 2 02-12-2009 10:21 PM
Pic Request: Stock 98+ Coil Sprung Rangers with stock rims/tires at full turn. FX2.3 Snapshots 0 05-20-2008 05:40 PM
14" stock wheels to 15" stock wheels tg2006 Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 2 03-30-2008 09:19 AM
stock tire vs. non stock? redbeard Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 6 09-01-2007 05:08 PM
Stock 2003 Edge 2WD Sits Lower Than Other Stock Edges (pics) HELMUT RONER Suspension Tech 8 06-07-2007 09:51 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.