01 Ranger Work-Log - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 11-05-2007
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
oh okay...jus didnt remember.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-05-2007
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
u gunna do brazilians?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-05-2007
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
cant wait to see it done man gonna look sick. good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII
u gunna do brazilians?
havent decided...i have a escalade frontend to buy and paint aswell..so i got to wait for funds to become avaliable
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-05-2007
RockysFord's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,782
sounds good, but i think with a fresh coat of paint, and a couple small odds and ends.. you would have a bad *** truck as it is... and spend less money tearing it all down...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-05-2007
95offroadx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: palmyra, pa
Posts: 454
ok, how did you get your truck that low? I want my truck that low. Did you just flip the keys, and remove the tbolts?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-05-2007
4LO 4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Grovetown, Ga
Posts: 650
Just curious why your lowering a 4x4?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Updated The First Post
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-05-2007
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
with all your junkyard trips..

swap an explorer rear end under it while your doing all the work

what compressor do you have on the horns?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Updated first post again...last update for tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII
with all your junkyard trips..

swap an explorer rear end under it while your doing all the work

what compressor do you have on the horns?

viair 450c
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-05-2007
95offroadx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: palmyra, pa
Posts: 454
hurry up and lower the front, i want to see
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95offroadx
hurry up and lower the front, i want to see
the front is already lowered...i cranked the torsion bars all the way out right before the shackle flip
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-05-2007
bruiser's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: lp,Texas
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
yes the doors will be complete...i need a door that has factory keyless and power windows...the door poppers on my truck are powered by the factory remote to 35lb poppers
damn that suck i dont have p/w or p/l
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser
damn that suck i dont have p/w or p/l
sorry man..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-05-2007
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
we'll see how this turns out but building a truck that was as good as scotts you have alot to live up to. His truck was flawless both through all the lowered stages and lifted.

Also No offense but theres no way your going to get that truck as low as his with the 4x4 you have. His truck was dropped on djm arms and belltech coils and flipped rear end. Theres no way a torsion bar truck can get that low even on bags because of the big engine crossmember.

Now Im not trying to start a fight Im just stating the obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-05-2007
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
flawless?


nice
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-05-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt
we'll see how this turns out but building a truck that was as good as scotts you have alot to live up to. His truck was flawless both through all the lowered stages and lifted.

Also No offense but theres no way your going to get that truck as low as his with the 4x4 you have. His truck was dropped on djm arms and belltech coils and flipped rear end. Theres no way a torsion bar truck can get that low even on bags because of the big engine crossmember.

Now Im not trying to start a fight Im just stating the obvious.
iam not trying to slam it to the ground..i had this truck pretty low about ayear ago so i know how far it will go with t-bars..this is not my first tango with the lowered 4wd part...i dont know where you got the bags part but i have no intentions of bagging this truck its virtually inpossible.. if i were to bag anything it would be the chevy.. but i dont want a bagged vehicle right now..

i dont have anything to live up to..iam not here to impress anyone here nor you..if you dont like it move on.. there is always a few in the crowd that have there nasty opinions...but anyways i have good intentions when i mod things.. sometimes they dont come out the way i thought they would...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-05-2007
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
iam not trying to slam it to the ground..i had this truck pretty low about ayear ago so i know how far it will go with t-bars..this is not my first tango with the lowered 4wd part...i dont know where you got the bags part but i have no intentions of bagging this truck its virtually inpossible.. if i were to bag anything it would be the chevy.. but i dont want a bagged vehicle right now..

i dont have anything to live up to..iam not here to impress anyone here nor you..if you dont like it move on.. there is always a few in the crowd that have there nasty opinions...but anyways i have good intentions when i mod things.. sometimes they dont come out the way i thought they would...
Im not trying to start a fight but from as i took it you wanted it the same height as scotts truck, and I was stating the obvious theres no way you can get the front as low as his, Now my truck sits lower than his does as I have the same setup but i have an extended cab and v6 so it sits about an inch lower than his did. I know you had it lowered before and not saying you dont know what your doing but I was saying if u want his height good luck because you can get it close but the front will still be higher than the rear.

I know you said you wanted it to look like scotts truck and his truck was clean and if you do you have alot of work in front of you to get it close to his. I have no nasty opinions about this and no harsh words Im just stating good luck and you have alot of time and parts to get to make it close to scotts.

And I know your not bagging it but I was saying even bagged edges when they are layed out they are about the same height as a coil spring truck with a 5 inch drop up front because of the huge engine crossmember.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-06-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Updated First Post!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-06-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
all i need now is some wheels and tires...then paint will be around the corner...got to sell some stuff first...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-06-2007
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
If your doors were the same color as mine, I'd really think about trading...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-06-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger01
If your doors were the same color as mine, I'd really think about trading...
if everyone was like that i would never trade..lol mine is 3 different colors... primer, red, silver..haha


to be honest man how much do you think it would paint them the same color as your truck? i wonder..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-06-2007
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger01
If your doors were the same color as mine, I'd really think about trading...
Same here, i think it would be cool to have shaved handles.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-06-2007
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
to be honest man how much do you think it would paint them the same color as your truck? i wonder..
I may have to find out just for kicks and giggles.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-06-2007
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger01
I may have to find out just for kicks and giggles.
let me know what you find out
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
black01edge ranger log shadow905 Project Logs 199 03-29-2011 09:53 PM
Another non-Ranger project log. Cody_288 Project Logs 15 10-05-2008 08:53 PM
My ranger progress log 07Ranger Project Logs 1 03-19-2008 09:58 PM
TJ's Ranger Log tjf0288 Project Logs 30 10-04-2007 05:29 AM
Why can't I log in? Trevelyn1015 Ranger-Forums Office 0 05-30-2004 11:19 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.