I cant get the drop box to get to my PM's - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger-Forums Office Post all comments, questions, and suggestions about the site in this sub-forum. Announcements will be posted here as well.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-08-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
I cant get the drop box to get to my PM's

I have been trying throughout the day to get to the notifications drop box to read and reply to my pm's. No matter how many times I try, nothing is working so I cant get to my pm's. I can read them in my personal emails but I cant reply here. Is there another way of getting to them so I can write back? I tried going through my profile but I cant find anything. So far I have refreshed countless times, signed in and out throught today and the drop box just wont come down.
  #2  
Old 08-08-2011
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
https://www.ranger-forums.com/private.php

Does that link bring you to them?
  #3  
Old 08-08-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Yes it does! What is it and How do I get it?
  #4  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Click on the link 'Private Messages' at the top right under your username.
  #5  
Old 08-08-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Thats what I have done as well and it never worked. When there is a pending pm or any kind of notification I cant get to it. The only time I can get to it and have gotten to it was with that link provided by Trent and when there are no pending notifications.
  #6  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
The link Trent provided is where you go when you click 'Private Messages' under your username when you have no notifications. Your other option is: Quick Links > Private Messages.

I have trouble opening the 'notification dialog box' every once in awhile too; it is a browser cache issue. When I start having trouble all I have to do is close all open browser windows and tabs and clear out all Internet cache.

Last edited by KLC; 08-08-2011 at 06:56 PM.
  #7  
Old 08-08-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
I had this problem everyonce and a while with Chrome.
So i stopped using Chrome. its it PITA to close ALL my tabs and what not and clear cache. (i have a lot of tabs)
  #8  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
All of the intermittent problems are either a browser issue or third party issue such as with the slow loading due to ads. The solution with the first is to always clear out all Internet cache and cookies. The best solution to the latter is to become a site supporter, which is what allows this forum to even exist. Internet forums of this size aren't cheap to maintain and keep running with server costs, etc. The ads are a very necessary evil of the forum, they help pay the operating costs.
  #9  
Old 08-08-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
All of the intermittent problems are either a browser issue or third party issue such as with the slow loading due to ads. The solution with the first is to always clear out all Internet cache and cookies. The best solution to the latter is to become a site supporter, which is what allows this forum to even exist. Internet forums of this size aren't cheap to maintain and keep running with server costs, etc. The ads are a very necessary evil of the forum, they help pay the operating costs.
I am a supporter and it still did it with chrome.
eff chrome.
  #10  
Old 08-08-2011
01_ranger_4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I am a supporter and it still did it with chrome.
eff chrome.
i started using chrome after getting fed up with IE and firefox and ive not had any issues like you guys are having since. i wonder if its an ISP thing?
  #11  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I am a supporter and it still did it with chrome.
eff chrome.
I am referring to the slow loading due to the ads, not this PM issue. Or, are you referring to the slow load issue too?
  #12  
Old 08-08-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
I only have this issue when I'm on my phone. I still recommend becoming a contributor. Another thing is there are some under lying issues with the ads. We are working on it.
  #13  
Old 08-08-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
i started using chrome after getting fed up with IE and firefox and ive not had any issues like you guys are having since. i wonder if its an ISP thing?
It might be ISP. All i can get here is Comcast. (thats not Dish, becasue, lets face it, I live in MI (you know too Patrick) eveytime you turn around, its raining)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I am referring to the slow loading due to the ads, not this PM issue. Or, are you referring to the slow load issue too?
Slow load. the PM issue was like intermittnet. sometimes happen, sometimes not. but Firefox fixed it.

Last edited by StxDangerRanger; 08-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.
  #14  
Old 08-08-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
For some reason now, I cant see a pm I got, and now in this thread it just shows my original post and nothing else except for JEEP ads in a FORD forum. This is getting tiring, I can see now and then, but all day long??????? I cant even get the drop box to drop to view my active threads. Yes I know, 4 cents a day and it doesnt have to be like this or download this or that so you dont see ALL THE ADS!! I use my computers at work, I cant download anything like that to them because they are secure computers and I'm not downloading those to my home computer. I am a member of alot of other sites, some with ads, some without and no, I am not bashing this ford site, there are other forums not pertaining to rangers I belong to and I have never had this problem in the years I have been a part of them. I would like to be a contributor on my own choice, not because I'm strong armed into it. For anyone who posted in this thread thank you for trying to help, and also thanks for other help that i needed on here. Great group here, great guys and trucks, Thanks to all!
  #15  
Old 08-08-2011
01_ranger_4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
It might be ISP. All i can get here is Comcast. (thats not Dish, becasue, lets face it, I live in MI (you know too Patrick) eveytime you turn around, its raining)
I actually ditched comcast about a year and a half ago, to many issues. Ive been tethering to my phone for internet since then. comcast has fast intrawebs though.
  #16  
Old 08-08-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
I actually ditched comcast about a year and a half ago, to many issues. Ive been tethering to my phone for internet since then. comcast has fast intrawebs though.
ATT keeps saying they're going to be in my neighborhood since Xmas of 2009.
they're the only ones that have a decent internet speed compared to comcast.
they're really the only ones i'll switch too, then i'll be able to bundle, Phone, Internet and Cable TV.

but yes, I have a ton of issues with Comcast. so its most likely they're fault.
  #17  
Old 08-08-2011
<TX>TORKiT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,551
Same problem here. Reload Reload Reload Reload Reload Reload Reload Reload Reload
  #18  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
For some reason now, I cant see a pm I got, and now in this thread it just shows my original post and nothing else except for JEEP ads in a FORD forum. This is getting tiring, I can see now and then, but all day long??????? I cant even get the drop box to drop to view my active threads. Yes I know, 4 cents a day and it doesnt have to be like this or download this or that so you dont see ALL THE ADS!! I use my computers at work, I cant download anything like that to them because they are secure computers and I'm not downloading those to my home computer. I am a member of alot of other sites, some with ads, some without and no, I am not bashing this ford site, there are other forums not pertaining to rangers I belong to and I have never had this problem in the years I have been a part of them. I would like to be a contributor on my own choice, not because I'm strong armed into it. For anyone who posted in this thread thank you for trying to help, and also thanks for other help that i needed on here. Great group here, great guys and trucks, Thanks to all!
Like you said, that is the because of the known ad issue. With time that should be corrected and everything will return to normal. The ads are not controlled by R-F so they can be advertisements for literally anything, but they usually are somewhat related. If it was a known R-F issue I assure you it would already have been fixed. It's not a conspiracy, we are just trying to give you a way around. I believe it is safe to say nobody who is a site supporter is having any issues with load times, which is because supporters have no ads.
  #19  
Old 08-08-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
If you have a new issue come up please let us know. Until then, the fixes we have mentioned in the multiple threads are all we can offer at this time. One of us, most likely Rick, will likely give an update when a resolution has been reached.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drop down box for location in the marketplace ford93 Ranger-Forums Office 17 06-22-2012 12:09 PM
To Drop or Not to Drop (86' Ranger) CaliforniaX0 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 7 07-03-2010 01:47 PM
Best drop shocks for a 4/5 drop? tom kalmanidis Suspension Tech 16 09-30-2009 03:37 PM
cant decided on sub box design crucialcolin Audio & Video Tech 6 06-17-2008 12:29 AM
i cant get my wheel off! barrman General Ford Ranger Discussion 27 06-11-2005 12:23 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.