Good find. - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-19-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Good find.

I had to do some ' pulls ' on our lot ( as in go find these cars and pull them out .. odds are, they are buried and 20-30 other cars have to be moved to get to them ). A guy from South Africa came and saved the day ( tuesday ), buying a LOT of cars..



It was Mostly GMAC cars that have been siting on the lot for 6 months or better. They are all 2004 or newer Cars/trucks. He made some arrangement .. I dunno WTF it was but.. a lot of whats in that picture was put on semi trailors with these things on them -->



South Africa anyone LOL! For the price these things are being liquidated for, its cheaper to buy them here and export them, float them across the Atlantic Ocean and register them there then to buy them there to begin with!

I FOUND something.. NOBODY knew it was there.. Hidden in another lot across from the one in the picture..

PLEASE disregard my ' Lot truck ' with the smashed bed on it ( YES, I dropped a 5th wheel trailor on it.. 2 or 3 times.. )







The engine in it is NOT original. It presently has a BB Pontiac 400 with Ramair4 heads/manifolds. The chrome is all original ( good to have appraisers working there that have been doing this for 40-50 years ). Yes a convertible and the interior is all original as well.

HazJohn.. Guess what I bid on it and what its coming home for . If you have the casting/block numbers for a 67 vert, I would greatly appreciate such knowledge. I know they are a rare run for 67. This was brought to our lot as a ' Theft recovery '. Car was stolen, left preserved somewhere in someones estate.. they croaked and it was brought in to be auctioned off ( or some **** like that ). I don't have all the info for the car.

The ' Arena ' building in the background holds about 250 cars in it. The building in front of the GTO is a maintenance facility that does Detail and body/paint work. Theres another building with lifts ( like 100 bays I think ) that is used for a ' mechanics shop '. We roll through about..5000-6000 GMAC cars/trucks every 2 weeks and about.. ****.. couldn't make a guess on FMC/RCT ( Ford ) cars/trucks ( not as much, but at least 50% of what GM does ).

Can ya see why I like my job folks

Last edited by D.; 11-19-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2008
jaysinpa's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Brighton, PA
Posts: 648
Nice find!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2008
freddie's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 2,463
AWESOME FIND! So... want to PM me what you paid for it? Lol

D., Wish I could make it and find my fullsize.. lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2008
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
WOW what a find
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2008
mental ambiguity
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Now that is an awesome find D..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2008
Lord Of War's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 4,599
So you got the car???
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Very nice. Looks like it's in great condition.

My ex's dad has 2 of them, can't remember the years. But they are nasty!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Badass! Wonder what other gems lurk out there....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2008
acortez's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 127
Sorry if I am a little slow but how does the business you work for work? Auction only? Anyway, nice car.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-2008
GR8COM's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 423
Another reason to hate you....LOL very nice find and it is clean from what the pictures show. Can I come work there?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-19-2008
Sea-Bass's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,059
I hate you...LOL!!

More pics please!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2008
woody99stpsde's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Galway, NY
Posts: 275
OMG my father and i would kill for that car...we've been wanting a 67' GTO for i dont even kno how many years...my dad used to have one when he was younger and he got rid of it because he thought tht uy bros n i wouldnt like classic cars...well he was wrong...my oldest bro n i love em...my fathers car used to git my grandmother (his mom) to work the was like 30-40 miles away in 10ish minutes...he did sooo much work to it...i wish i could upload the pics of it to r-f but i cant cuz theyre on paper
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2008
trucks423's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 687
super nice find d
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-19-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Liked we already talked about D. very nice car..


Quote:
Originally Posted by woody99stpsde View Post
OMG my father and i would kill for that car...we've been wanting a 67' GTO for i dont even kno how many years...my dad used to have one when he was younger and he got rid of it because he thought tht uy bros n i wouldnt like classic cars...well he was wrong...my oldest bro n i love em...my fathers car used to git my grandmother (his mom) to work the was like 30-40 miles away in 10ish minutes...he did sooo much work to it...i wish i could upload the pics of it to r-f but i cant cuz theyre on paper
what in hell kinda language is this?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-19-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by acortez View Post
Sorry if I am a little slow but how does the business you work for work? Auction only? Anyway, nice car.
It starts in ' Negotiations Department '. Someone Calls Adesa and says they have something to sell. We work specifically with Autos and ' vehicles ' at my Lot. Tractors, Jet-skis, RV's, Mobile homes, Riding mowers, ATV's, Tractors, Cars , Trucks..

Either a straight sale or Auction with a percentage is worked out. Other entities like maintenance, detail, paint/body work is also worked out.

After such is set, the Transportation Department takes over and either cuts a ' Gate pass ' for them to bring the vehicle in or we sent out a Transporter to pick it up for a fee.

It comes to the Lot, gets processed and then either sold in a showcase or auctioned off.

Theres a lot of Repo cars, Leased cars from GM and Ford ( Chrysler, honda/acurs/import products all go to the lot in Syracuse NY. We drive a lot of cars out that way ). Some cars are from local dealers whom took trade-ins.

After the car is sold, the new owner can have it delivered or drive it out themselves AFTER paying for it.

Theres other parts in there but.. for simplicity, I left them out.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-19-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8COM View Post
Another reason to hate you....LOL very nice find and it is clean from what the pictures show. Can I come work there?
We are hiring ' Transporters ' presently. Pay isn't bad at all if you do a lot of Mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
More info:

The Factory engine had 2 offerings a 335hp 400cid and a 360hp 400cid. There were less then 10,000 Verts made in 67. This car has the 335hp engine.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-19-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Badass! Wonder what other gems lurk out there....
I've heard rumors of a 1993 original Lightning. YES, I have been looking for it. a 1964/65 GTA 500. Theres a list of cars that nobody can find.. I found 1 did my part!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-19-2008
Johnbaum13's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,343
That '67 GTO Vert is a car I have dreamed of owning since I was like 10 yrs old! Nice, and I am jealous!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-19-2008
bucky919's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 1,943
Very Nice find D!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-19-2008
acortez's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
It starts in ' Negotiations Department '. Someone Calls Adesa and says they have something to sell. We work specifically with Autos and ' vehicles ' at my Lot. Tractors, Jet-skis, RV's, Mobile homes, Riding mowers, ATV's, Tractors, Cars , Trucks..

Either a straight sale or Auction with a percentage is worked out. Other entities like maintenance, detail, paint/body work is also worked out.

After such is set, the Transportation Department takes over and either cuts a ' Gate pass ' for them to bring the vehicle in or we sent out a Transporter to pick it up for a fee.

It comes to the Lot, gets processed and then either sold in a showcase or auctioned off.

Theres a lot of Repo cars, Leased cars from GM and Ford ( Chrysler, honda/acurs/import products all go to the lot in Syracuse NY. We drive a lot of cars out that way ). Some cars are from local dealers whom took trade-ins.

After the car is sold, the new owner can have it delivered or drive it out themselves AFTER paying for it.

Theres other parts in there but.. for simplicity, I left them out.
So how good of a deal can you get on one of those cars?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-19-2008
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
do ya know how long it been hiding there
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-19-2008
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Sweet car!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-19-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
nice find d
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-19-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
How big of an area do the lots cover???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help me find an impossible-to-find part!!! nswelton General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 11-28-2010 03:12 PM
Is this a good find / buy... (LoL) 94greenmachine General Ford Ranger Discussion 26 07-26-2007 03:40 PM
Another good ebay find 2003stealthedge General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 08-06-2006 01:48 PM
i need to find a good locker neocon Drivetrain Tech 12 01-14-2006 10:03 AM
Where can I find a good Viper alarm site? RangerXLT General Technical & Electrical 2 12-01-2004 11:33 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.