History was made yesterday - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 10-20-2010
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerNVS View Post
Korey,

First of all I am a mustang enthusiast. I OWN my coupe. Second, you guys are all basing your opinions on money. Which is where WE have a difference. I'm not looking at the price tag of the car. I'm looking at the car. I'm looking at what the car is. It's for one, a limited production car. And as of right now, it's the ONLY ONE in existance. Shelby has not built any other Gt350 R models yet. Not to mention that Shelby is on it's way to being bankrupt. For the money there isn't a car out there that is in this price range that can put up the number's that this car can. It is a very well rounded machine, and yes I would buy one. It's the fact that it's going to be a piece of history. It's a shelby. Not some normal GT that you threw some aftermarket parts at. Not everyone can buy a Shelby,that's what makes them special. You guys can't appreciate it. Because you don't understand what a shelby is all about, and that's ok.
So that car is the car that was used as the test vehicle and such for the magazines and the one in all of their images? And lol it isn't a piece of history because it says Shelby on it. All that man cares about is $$$ and nothing else, the guy endorses Zmax for ****s sake. Go to a mustang show and half the homos have his signature somewhere on some piece of trim in their car. Your argument is pretty ****ty, you say that you don't care about the price, and then directly go saying for the price nothing else can do its numbers. Your normal GT with parts thrown on argument is ****ty too because what is that car? It's a normal GT with some parts thrown on and an absurd mark up. I'm sure Carol Shelby could have looked at what hes doing now, 50 years ago or so he would be ashamed.

I understand what a Shelby is about, it's a car for a mid life crisis guy to go out and pay retarded money for.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-20-2010
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
My statement was not about the money at all. I just plain don't like it, it looks like something a 15 year old Asian kid would draw up with that ugly body kit.

Limited production? Who cares? Some people would buy a turd with a limited production Shelby sticker or something on it. If that mustang was mass produced it wouldn't sell hardly any in my opinion.

I agree with korey's last sentence again.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-20-2010
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
So that car is the car that was used as the test vehicle and such for the magazines and the one in all of their images? And lol it isn't a piece of history because it says Shelby on it. All that man cares about is $$$ and nothing else, the guy endorses Zmax for ****s sake. Go to a mustang show and half the homos have his signature somewhere on some piece of trim in their car. Your argument is pretty ****ty, you say that you don't care about the price, and then directly go saying for the price nothing else can do its numbers. Your normal GT with parts thrown on argument is ****ty too because what is that car? It's a normal GT with some parts thrown on and an absurd mark up. I'm sure Carol Shelby could have looked at what hes doing now, 50 years ago or so he would be ashamed.

I understand what a Shelby is about, it's a car for a mid life crisis guy to go out and pay retarded money for.
Korey, no this was not the car that was used to test, nor was it in any magazines. The Gt350 R model hasn't been tested by any media, and this is the only one that has been sold. No other R model has been built as of last friday.

Your statement about "It isn't a piece of history because it says shelby on it" is about as absurd as it possibly can get. The reason it's a piece of history is due to the fact, there isn't another one out there, and there may not be another one being that shelby is probabley going to go out of buissness. Your comment about all he care's about is money, is your opinion, not a statement. People get his signature on their car because the man is a racing legend, and has done alot for the racing in general.

I don't care about the price. as I stated before. It's an awesome car. Do I have 75k to buy one ....no. But that doesn't mean I hate the car. It's obvious that you are uneducated in what has been a PREMIER performance car maker for many many years. And it's obvious that you can't appreciate what it is. Some people won't be able to. I'm not asking you to like the car. I was just sharing what I was able to experience with the people who know what it is and enjoy seeing things like this.

To sit here and say that half the homo's have his signature on a piece of trim just supports my opinion even more about how you are.Your immature and havent grown up yet. You don't have the brain capacity to appreciate what this is. Also just to clarify, I don't have a GT....so again your uneducated..maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to read.

Oh and just so you know being that you are such a smart guy, Carroll Shelby doesn't even run Shelby America, the president is John Luft. Shelby retired a long time ago.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-20-2010
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
well again Brian, Korey and whoever else; I'm not asking you to like the car. I'm not asking for anything. I was just sharing with you guys something that I thought other's would like to see. Being that this car is not something that everyone and their mother would be able to experience. So you guys take it for what it's worth. You guys don't like it....GREAT here's a cookie for you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-21-2010
rkneeshaw's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 106
Jesus H Christ.

Insta-boner.

Damn.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-21-2010
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
I'm going to save this thread so when I have kids I can show them it witnessed "history." They'll be so proud of me, I'll be their hero.

Mustangs are overrated (except 5.0 foxbody's), just my opinion.

It's cool that you're proud of it, but they only cool thing I see is the motor. But I just like the valve covers.

To each his own, it just won't sit in my driveway
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-21-2010
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
I'd hit it
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-21-2010
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
I'm going to save this thread so when I have kids I can show them it witnessed "history." They'll be so proud of me, I'll be their hero.

Mustangs are overrated (except 5.0 foxbody's), just my opinion.

It's cool that you're proud of it, but they only cool thing I see is the motor. But I just like the valve covers.

To each his own, it just won't sit in my driveway
Whatever blow's your skirt man ....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-22-2010
Pless215's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dewy Rose, GA
Posts: 473
nice to see ford owning the power department again....finally
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-22-2010
JRacer's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watson, Louisiana
Posts: 1,085
That's a lot of horsies under that hood!
I'm not too big on that gauge pillar, but it's still a very nice car.
Don't you have to have some special liscense to buy the type r model? Or was that just a rumor i heard?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-22-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pless215 View Post
nice to see ford owning the power department again....finally
There's alot more to going fast than just having power.

Weight & Drivetrain layout mean more than you can imagine.

Ford is still far behind in these categories. They had the right idea with the Escort Cosworth RS and have been going south ever since.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-22-2010
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRacer View Post
That's a lot of horsies under that hood!
I'm not too big on that gauge pillar, but it's still a very nice car.
Don't you have to have some special liscense to buy the type r model? Or was that just a rumor i heard?

nope. You don't have to have any special license to buy one. Just gotta have money.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-24-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,301
Oh my gawd!!! I just came.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 04 Service History Lefty04LevelII General Ford Ranger Discussion 47 02-23-2009 05:22 PM
History Question Cowboy Dave General Ford Ranger Discussion 34 06-27-2008 03:48 PM
Found out my trucks history telemaster1952 General Ford Ranger Discussion 26 10-05-2006 02:13 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.