The License Plate mod - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 10-18-2008
My05edge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,351
when i had my front bumper off i just got the plate and bolted it to the bottom of the radiator support, theres a couple of holes there, just used 1 of them
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-18-2008
Mykhael's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: .
Posts: 4,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
He paid for the registration so he pays for the plate. I know it doesn't work that way but still, the plate has been payed for. I pay the state taxes so I pay their salaries. I vote too, they should not be so **** about defacing a license plate.
Just because he paid for it doesnt rightfully make it his according to the goverment.

it's technically "not ours" it belongs to the government (same with money, it's illegal to deface that). So yes, tampering with it in anyway is illegal. You can be charged with vandalism.

You pay for your driver license and they can take that from you.

I cant remember what show I saw it on. A guy was pulled over ,and handed the officer a half of his drivers license. The cop asked where the other half was ,and the guy said he ripped it half. The cop told him he could write him a ticket for defacing a state ID

This is from Connecticut website
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a...NavCtr=|27892|
Quote:
Plate(s) that have been stolen, or damaged/mutilated for the purpose of defacing the plate, must be reported immediately to your local police department or resident state trooper.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-18-2008
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
ill live with the consequences if it comes down to it. i am not endangering any ones life so i sleep very well at night
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-18-2008
MemphisSenior's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spring City, TN
Posts: 331
I removed the front plate when I put my bumper cover on. There was no provision made for it by Xenon, the manufacturer. Had it in the back seat for 3 years or so and never got stopped. Maybe I was just lucky. Anyway it's no longer a problem. I'm going to register it in Tenn next year and they only have a rear plate. Like many other states.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-18-2008
Mykhael's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: .
Posts: 4,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtslmn720 View Post
ill live with the consequences if it comes down to it. i am not endangering any ones life so i sleep very well at night
My post wasn't aimed at you. I'm just waiting for a blow off thread when someone gets ticketed for there front licensee plate bent and cut up
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-18-2008
ColdNapalm's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 499
you wont get ticketed... plenty of people have been in wrecks and had the plate all fked up and they still use it and dont get ticket... just tell them you were in a wreck and didn't wanna buy a new pl8..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-18-2008
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNapalm View Post
you wont get ticketed... plenty of people have been in wrecks and had the plate all fked up and they still use it and dont get ticket... just tell them you were in a wreck and didn't wanna buy a new pl8..
True, my brothers front plate was on his Camaro that he put into a wall. Ohio needs to quit being so ****. There are bigger problems that who the hell doen't have a front plate. They are ugly as fukc anyway.

Vettes dont have front plates (Stock). If a cop asked me were my front plate was if I owned a vette I'd laugh in his face. So why does a more expensive car get away with it?



(picture taken from an Ohio Chevy dealer)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-18-2008
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrbass4life View Post
True, my brothers front plate was on his Camaro that he put into a wall. Ohio needs to quit being so ****. There are bigger problems that who the hell doen't have a front plate. They are ugly as fukc anyway.
its a probably cause law. 'most' LEO's wont ticket for it but its often used to pull someone over and run their plates and license to see if they have warrants or anything outstanding.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-18-2008
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtslmn720 View Post
its a probably cause law. 'most' LEO's wont ticket for it but its often used to pull someone over and run their plates and license to see if they have warrants or anything outstanding.
I know. I just dont get that some cars don't even have a front plate these days. They shouldn't anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-18-2008
lownslow95's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Worton, MD
Posts: 176
I'm lucky so far, no license plate mod for me, yet. But if I do decide to move to MD, I might need to do this. But I have a 1995 Ranger, and I need to figure out a way to make it look decent.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-18-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Hmm.. What front plate? Mines sitting under the passengers seat, mangled from hitting a cement barricade and rolling.

Haven't had one on there since 2005..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-18-2008
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrbass4life View Post
I know. I just dont get that some cars don't even have a front plate these days. They shouldn't anyway.
im 99% sure that many bumpers dont come with predrilled holes for plates and so the dealer often does that. we were looking at cars in indy and none of them had drilled holes for plates because they dont require it
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-19-2008
SVT01RANGER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,634
looks good, one of the first mods i did to my truck over 5 years ago, it got taken off when i did the edge bumper, and about a year ago it found its way back to my truck....... i have gotten looks from state troopers, local police, and sherrifs, and i had one scare about a month ago when i had a trooper in a tahoe get up just past me to see my plate, and he flipped his lights on, slammed the brakes just to flip a U in the middle of the interstate


Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-20-2008
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtslmn720 View Post
im 99% sure that many bumpers dont come with predrilled holes for plates and so the dealer often does that. we were looking at cars in indy and none of them had drilled holes for plates because they dont require it
Drilling holes into a $50,000+ car is nuts. Most people I know who have vettes dont have holes or those plate kits.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-20-2008
Melt's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,392
whats even funnier about the vettes is a few years back california made it law that EVERY NEW CAR SOLD must come with a front plate holer attached to the car at time of sale (this only applies to dealers)

since then, apparently people havent been buying sports cars in state because they dont want holes in the bumper.

The fine in ca is $10 if you fix it or $122 for non complaince.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-21-2008
SVT01RANGER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt View Post
whats even funnier about the vettes is a few years back california made it law that EVERY NEW CAR SOLD must come with a front plate holer attached to the car at time of sale (this only applies to dealers)

since then, apparently people havent been buying sports cars in state because they dont want holes in the bumper.

The fine in ca is $10 if you fix it or $122 for non complaince.



thats getting off easy, up here in oregon its a $300+ fix it ticket
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-21-2008
ringer4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: upstate ny
Posts: 544
tempted for awhile to remove mine nut don't know how **** cops are here in ny... with all the city/ state budgets being short funds worried they will target anything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The license plate mod FMD General Ford Ranger Discussion 31 04-20-2012 02:16 AM
License Plate Covers buggman Exterior Semi-Tech 22 12-21-2008 05:02 PM
front license plate bracket holder GregsEdge Exterior Semi-Tech 10 10-07-2005 12:02 AM
Smooth rollpan license plate light idea. 3906brad Exterior Semi-Tech 8 05-05-2005 06:48 PM
Are you hard on your license plate? WholesaleMN.com General Ford Ranger Discussion 13 02-17-2005 03:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.