Wheelin w/ carnage at URE, What's 56k? - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 05-25-2009
Jimmeh's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia Falls, MT
Posts: 3,224
EXTREMELY lucky that you guys were all out of the truck, and out of the way. It could have been so much worse.

Looks like a blast though!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-25-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
i wish we had land like that to play on down here. I feel ya on the run away truck, mines done that to me, it was either 1) stop in the fire it ran over and blow up 2) go into a small pond (what i wish woulda happened) and 3) it took a sharp turn and ended up backing into my buddies car. luckily it was an old 91? olds 88 so it was cheap to fix.. it could have been a TJ or 04 Silverado.

about your over heating issues, my truck got real bad, to the point where it was getting a little too hot for comfort sitting in traffic.. and i know you spend a lot of time in the mud.

try this: take a hose to the radiator, front/back for a WHILE, you'll be amazed at how much mud comes out.

i did it and the truck runs much cooler now.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-25-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford04Ranger4.0 View Post
Nice pics, that sucks about the truck but what do you think the damage will cost you? if you dont mind me asking
It shouldn't be too bad. Some headlights and a fender. I think I can straighten out the header panel to get the headlight back straight.

But fiberglass fenders have actually been on my mind!!

Quote:
EXTREMELY lucky that you guys were all out of the truck, and out of the way. It could have been so much worse.

Looks like a blast though!
Extremely lucky!! I'm so glad the truck was the only victim.

Quote:
i wish we had land like that to play on down here. I feel ya on the run away truck, mines done that to me, it was either 1) stop in the fire it ran over and blow up 2) go into a small pond (what i wish woulda happened) and 3) it took a sharp turn and ended up backing into my buddies car. luckily it was an old 91? olds 88 so it was cheap to fix.. it could have been a TJ or 04 Silverado.

about your over heating issues, my truck got real bad, to the point where it was getting a little too hot for comfort sitting in traffic.. and i know you spend a lot of time in the mud.

try this: take a hose to the radiator, front/back for a WHILE, you'll be amazed at how much mud comes out. i did it and the truck runs much cooler now.
Yeah, it's bad feeling. lol

I'll have to try that out. I've sprayed it for a while but never for hours. lol
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-25-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
i was at it for like 20 minutes haha
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-25-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
The header panel is fiberglass so I don't know how your going to straighten it out lol. At least mine was on the 04.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-25-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
my 99 had a fiberglass header panel. the replacement i got was plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-25-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Yeah same here. The one I got from certifit was a hard plastic. It flexed way more than the stock did though.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-26-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Well then maybe it's just the fender pushing the header panel and lights down. I didn't know it was fiberglass. I'm gonna start taking it apart tonight and see what I can find. Hopefully when I get the fender off it'll straighten back up.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-26-2009
silverbullet32's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skagit Valley, Washington
Posts: 1,175
STRAIGHT AXLE FTW!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-26-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
dude that must have been a blast! dont worry about the dents. youll only get more. trust me
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-26-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 561
I know the spot where your truck rolled off. On RML on the way up to the Kodiak/Budweiser rock garden. Used to take a line aimed strait at the tree on the left then cut right at the last second. That ledge looks a lot more dug out than it used too. Of course there wasn't a bypass a couple years ago either. Smashed my rocker panels up pretty good in that spot.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-26-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
I know the spot where your truck rolled off. On RML on the way up to the Kodiak/Budweiser rock garden. Used to take a line aimed strait at the tree on the left then cut right at the last second. That ledge looks a lot more dug out than it used too. Of course there wasn't a bypass a couple years ago either. Smashed my rocker panels up pretty good in that spot.
A lot of the stuff is dug out worse. But that was my first time on Rocky Mount. If definitely a tough trail in spots. I put my steps back on to help protect the rockers, but didn't really have a problem going over most stuff.

I can't wait to get back. We should get up a Ranger crew to go up next time.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-26-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
dude that must have been a blast! dont worry about the dents. youll only get more. trust me
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed60 View Post
I can't wait to get back. We should get up a Ranger crew to go up next time.
Jacob.. I'll pay your boss if need be, we should take the rangers to North Carolina.. I wonder if i can find somewhere to rent big *** trailers.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-27-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Finally got some videos loaded up. I've got some more on a different camera just don't have the software here.

Color commentating from the navigator, as always. lol







Last edited by seed60; 05-27-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-29-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Starting tearing into the truck. Looks like I will need a new header panel to get everything straight.

But can anybody say snorkel mod!!! I might as well while I got it apart.


Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-29-2009
RangerNDog's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 1,958
I say snorkel it. Is everything else good besides the header panel?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-29-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
def do the snorkel. especially since you already have it torn apart. you think your gonna have to get a whole new fender or just push it back out and clean it up a bit?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-29-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerNDog View Post
I say snorkel it. Is everything else good besides the header panel?
As best I can tell. The left side just looks droopy. Hopefully a header panel will straighten the lights back out.

Quote:
def do the snorkel. especially since you already have it torn apart. you think your gonna have to get a whole new fender or just push it back out and clean it up a bit?
Not sure on the fender yet. If I keep it stealth I'll get a new fender and run the snorkel hidden. Maybe even fiberglass fenders. But I might run an external snorkel and just get this fender looking as best as I can.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-29-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
external snorkels look beastly. do it. tell me more about this "hidden"snorkel though. sounds interesting
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-29-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
external snorkels look beastly. do it. tell me more about this "hidden"snorkel though. sounds interesting
l2en made an awesome one.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...norkels-4.html
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-29-2009
RangerNDog's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 1,958
External Snorkel all the way. I think they look BA.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-29-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Hate to hear about the carnage but now i know all is not lost i cant help but chuckle a lil.........wheelin for the weekend $30, buddies comentary and camera work when truck is rollin down a hill........PRICELESS!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheelin.. and hella carnage. Ball joints suck 99ranger4x4 Snapshots 38 11-17-2009 01:15 PM
Tearin it up at URE!! 56k no seed60 Snapshots 26 07-19-2009 07:49 PM
Southern AZ Wheelin 56k NO redranger_02 Snapshots 62 07-29-2008 01:33 AM
Independence Day wheelin' at Brown's Camp(56k stay the hell away) Fx4wannabe01 Snapshots 40 07-12-2008 07:21 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.