PCV valve! I can't find it! - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines Discussions and Topics specific to the Lima 4 cylinder engines

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-19-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 111
PCV valve! I can't find it!

I just bought a new PCV valve for my '97 Ranger XLT 2.3L and I can't find the damn valve to replace it. The repair manual I have has a picture of where it is but it sucks @$$ and I can't seem to locate it based off the engine maintenance diagram it gives either. Either I suck or this thing is really in a tough spot to locate...can anyone point me in the right direction, I know it's just a real simple pop off hose pop in new valve scenario, I just can't get to that point. lol

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2007
97ranger xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mass.
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmety87
I just bought a new PCV valve for my '97 Ranger XLT 2.3L and I can't find the damn valve to replace it. The repair manual I have has a picture of where it is but it sucks @$$ and I can't seem to locate it based off the engine maintenance diagram it gives either. Either I suck or this thing is really in a tough spot to locate...can anyone point me in the right direction, I know it's just a real simple pop off hose pop in new valve scenario, I just can't get to that point. lol

Dave
look between the 1st and 2nd fuel injector drivers side of engine
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 111
1st and 2nd fuel injector from the front of the vehicle or the back of the engine compartment
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2007
97ranger xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mass.
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmety87
1st and 2nd fuel injector from the front of the vehicle or the back of the engine compartment
from the front..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 111
Lol, sorry I read that again and it probably really didn't matter either way, I've just been frustrated trying to find this thing so I'm getting as much info as possible. So, yeah that was kind of a dumb question.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2007
97ranger xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mass.
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmety87
Lol, sorry I read that again and it probably really didn't matter either way, I've just been frustrated trying to find this thing so I'm getting as much info as possible. So, yeah that was kind of a dumb question.
it may actually be easier to get to from underneath...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 111
thanks for your help, I found it after I came home from work, replaced easy as pie. It's definitely down in a crappy spot to reach. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2007
97ranger xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mass.
Posts: 459
glad it worked out for u
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can't find PCV valve BlackNGoldRules 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 20 08-07-2009 08:48 PM
Not cool! PCV valve location... pacodiablo SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 8 03-20-2008 05:10 PM
PCV Valve Green Beast 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 1 04-19-2007 04:30 PM
PCV Valve on 2.3L pepperman54 SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 7 07-08-2006 03:26 PM
PCV Valve on 92 2.3 wanted General Technical & Electrical 4 02-23-2005 03:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.