2WD lift on the cheap, lol - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-01-2010
offroadn_redneck's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 776
2WD lift on the cheap, lol

Since my truck is basically 99% mall crawler here in the big city of San Antonio, i dont want to put too much money into a lift i just want for looks. Here is what I have come up with:

I will be keeping my BFG M/T 31s until they are no more, then I might consider 33s.
Im thinking about using these spindles:
98-09 Ford Ranger 3" lift spindles 99 00 01 02 03 06 07 : eBay Motors (item 220582182933 end time Apr-30-10 21:40:15 PDT)
And these coils
Camburg 2.5" Coil Springs Ford Ranger 98-09 : eBay Motors (item 140395100432 end time Apr-04-10 1400 PDT)
and just 3 inch blocks in the back

tell me what you think
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2010
scott5640's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (-1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davenport FL
Posts: 901
just get a BL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
i wouldn't trust those springs... fits 98-09? i was sure ford put tortion bars on a year or 2, in that range...

as for the spindles... you are already $50 more than a body lift (if you get a good price, check amazon) and you still have to worry about the rear...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 8
The spindles would be nice! If you get those lift coils you will also need to get aftermarket UCA's. Technically, you could put those lift coils on with your stock setup but you will be spending more money on replacing balljoints. If you want to go that route just buy some slightly used Chevy 1500 front coils! Abundant and cheap at junk yards, gives you 2.5 of front lift. I myself am doing that for a temporary lift until i save for the fabtech 5.5 kit. sooooo..

2.5 chevy 1500 up front-around 50.00 for the pair at junk yard
2 belltech shackles in rear-45.00 on Amazon
body lift-around 150.00

total of 5.5 of lift for around 300 bucks...plus installation
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2010
rangergirl01's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyjaytx View Post
The spindles would be nice! If you get those lift coils you will also need to get aftermarket UCA's. Technically, you could put those lift coils on with your stock setup but you will be spending more money on replacing balljoints. If you want to go that route just buy some slightly used Chevy 1500 front coils! Abundant and cheap at junk yards, gives you 2.5 of front lift. I myself am doing that for a temporary lift until i save for the fabtech 5.5 kit. sooooo..

2.5 chevy 1500 up front-around 50.00 for the pair at junk yard
2 belltech shackles in rear-45.00 on Amazon
body lift-around 150.00

total of 5.5 of lift for around 300 bucks...plus installation
TELL ME HOW THAT WORKS FOR YOU...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
i wouldn't trust those springs... fits 98-09? i was sure ford put tortion bars on a year or 2, in that range...

as for the spindles... you are already $50 more than a body lift (if you get a good price, check amazon) and you still have to worry about the rear...
Yeh they put torsion bars on a 2wd EDGE the standard 2wd were still coil sprung.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
what years? the 07 sports, for instance, use the t-bars

just 98-09 doesn't sound right... i was sure that all models had t-bars in 07 for sure, i don't know about other years
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2010
silverfox's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taft, Ca
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
what years? the 07 sports, for instance, use the t-bars

just 98-09 doesn't sound right... i was sure that all models had t-bars in 07 for sure, i don't know about other years
2wd xl and xlt = coilspring
2wd edge,sport and trailhead=tbar
4wd edge,sport,xl,xlt,fx4,fx4LII=tbar

its that way 98-2010 my 08 is coilsprung my cousins 08 xlt is coilsprung aswell
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
alright, fair enough...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap SAS front leaf springs? Cheap. Deviousfred Solid Axle Swaps 21 05-09-2013 10:49 AM
eBay / Craigslist Find: bahahaha! rcd lift and JUNK lol-oregon darangerdanger eBay & Craigslist Finds 8 01-29-2011 11:01 PM
Cheap sound deadening - stack 2 floors? lol gts007 New Ideas 4 09-01-2009 06:57 PM
The FOX 5.WOAH. LOL.56k Well go to a friends house LOL. FordGuy302 Snapshots 31 04-10-2009 08:53 AM
2wd Edge height vs 2wd XLT height Jesse_Bolt Suspension Tech 10 09-28-2007 12:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.