94 Ranger, lift questions - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-18-2010
D Rock's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 41
94 Ranger, lift questions

Currently i have a 2" Daystar leveling kit on my ranger and was wondering if i would be able to also put 2" coil springs in the front to make a total of 4" of lift? I'd also put 2" blocks in the rear to keep everything level, but that doesnt concern me.

If i can use the 2" spacer along with the 2" coils, what else would be necessary? I'm assuming i'd need longer shocks and/or drop pitman arm?

If i'm able to do the 4" of lift, will i be able to fit 33x12.50r15s or will i still be limited to 32x11.50s?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2010
Metro55's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 938
Hey.. Welcome!

As for what else you would need for the 4" lift, you'd need a 4-6" drop pitman, a 4" drop brackets for your front pivot arms as well for your radius arms. Your shocks will need to be replaced.

As for tire fitment. You should be able to get away with 33x12.5's.. with MAYBE a bit of rubbing at full lock.

Here is my 93 with a 2" leveling kit and a 3" body lift (5" lift) with 33x12.5's

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2010
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
do you have pics of that reg cab stx? if so post em' up asap.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2010
D Rock's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 41
Thanks for the info and pic Metro 55. Your truck looks great, wish mine was that clean BUT i'm not complaining because of how little i have in the truck. It may be simpler to go the route you did: keep my leveling kit and install a body lift.

Do you have any rubbing issues?

morris-i'll get some pictures soon.

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2010
Metro55's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
Thanks for the info and pic Metro 55. Your truck looks great, wish mine was that clean BUT i'm not complaining because of how little i have in the truck. It may be simpler to go the route you did: keep my leveling kit and install a body lift.

Do you have any rubbing issues?

morris-i'll get some pictures soon.

Thanks guys
Did not have any rubbing issues. My truck looks different from that now.. I know have 11" lift in the front and 35's.

Here is the current state of my truck.. if you want any inspiration..



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2010
D Rock's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 41
Nice looking truck for sure Metro. The biggest i would like to go would probably be the first picture you posted. Did you like that set up pretty well?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2010
Metro55's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
Nice looking truck for sure Metro. The biggest i would like to go would probably be the first picture you posted. Did you like that set up pretty well?
Thanks.. Ya I did like the first setup.. until I lifted it higher, lol.. You'll get the itch to go higher eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: riverview, MI
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro55 View Post
Hey.. Welcome!

As for what else you would need for the 4" lift, you'd need a 4-6" drop pitman, a 4" drop brackets for your front pivot arms as well for your radius arms. Your shocks will need to be replaced.

As for tire fitment. You should be able to get away with 33x12.5's.. with MAYBE a bit of rubbing at full lock.

Here is my 93 with a 2" leveling kit and a 3" body lift (5" lift) with 33x12.5's

The extra parts listed here I see are included in the rough country suspension lift. On thier website is says SL shoulf be done by a prefessional. are The parts you have listed can be installed by anyone?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Ford Ranger Body Lift Questions EStrauch12 1" & 3" Body Lifts 8 06-18-2011 09:09 AM
1988 Ford Ranger Lift Questions 1988ranger Suspension Tech 0 01-12-2011 06:22 PM
2009 Ford Ranger 3" body lift questions. Josh 1" & 3" Body Lifts 1 09-29-2010 10:46 AM
ford edge lift questions(NOOB questions) tacorunner87 Suspension Tech 13 06-07-2008 12:09 AM
Rear leaf questions/shackle questions thesoundmaster Suspension Tech 3 10-18-2007 10:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.