Add-a-leaf - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-03-2006
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Add-a-leaf

Looking at getting some AALs to go with my lift, was wondering how much I would be looking at. Daystar
I found those, are those any good?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 1,966
Procomp AAL's from Summit are about $30.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2006
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
sweetness, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 3,048
explorer pro comp 13120 those are the ones ryan is talking about
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2006
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
alright just found them, even though it is only advertised to 2002, it should work right, nothing really changed from 02-04 for the leaves? (i highly doubt it...but you never know...maybe that center hole shifted a cm...)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-03-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
nothing has really changed with the leave pack since 93-06
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2006
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
alright cool, thanks guys!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
Procomp AAL's from Summit are about $30.
Those are the ones i have. They are worth some lift. You might want to think about putting some felt or something inbetween the leaves. Mine squeek bad and have ever since the AAL's went in.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1
Those are the ones i have. They are worth some lift. You might want to think about putting some felt or something inbetween the leaves. Mine squeek bad and have ever since the AAL's went in.
two correct that there is a conpound you are supposed to put inbetween the leafs...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin
alright just found them, even though it is only advertised to 2002, it should work right, nothing really changed from 02-04 for the leaves? (i highly doubt it...but you never know...maybe that center hole shifted a cm...)
The one they listed for ya is the same on that I among others have on 03-04 trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: City, PA
Posts: 515
Stupid question here...

AAL add height, but do they add to load capacity? If they do add capacity, how much?
I hauled 25 cinder blocks home last night, and the rear quatted about 2 inches...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucks05EDGE
Stupid question here...

AAL add height, but do they add to load capacity? If they do add capacity, how much?
I hauled 25 cinder blocks home last night, and the rear quatted about 2 inches...
yes it will help alot. i cant personally give the load but i know you will like it
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucks05EDGE
Stupid question here...

AAL add height, but do they add to load capacity? If they do add capacity, how much?
I hauled 25 cinder blocks home last night, and the rear quatted about 2 inches...
I am not sure if there is a number of lbs you can add to your capacity, but the same weight in the bed will squat less. if you do alot of hauling they are only $30 and will deffiently help you out.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: City, PA
Posts: 515
Rocks, Cinder blocks, topsoil, trees, paint, ladders, furniture, crap...typical homeowner stuff...
I shall look into these....but is there anything to level the front, without cranking my t-bars?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2006
Oasis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 533
Do you need shims in between the leaf pack and the axle to correct the angle of whatever it's called (lmao, totally forgot what it's called)...?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis
Do you need shims in between the leaf pack and the axle to correct the angle of whatever it's called (lmao, totally forgot what it's called)...?
no just AAL usually 99% of the time wont throw it to out of wack...you need something in the rear of yours get like AAL and shackels PLEASE...it looks so unfinished
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-05-2006
Oasis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
no just AAL usually 99% of the time wont throw it to out of wack...you need something in the rear of yours get like AAL and shackels PLEASE...it looks so unfinished
It looks unfinished because it IS so unfinished... I might have a long pack of deavers lined up for me if the price is right but I dunno yet. I'll probably leave it as is for a while and then take another visit to Camburg when I have the money.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-05-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis
It looks unfinished because it IS so unfinished... I might have a long pack of deavers lined up for me if the price is right but I dunno yet. I'll probably leave it as is for a while and then take another visit to Camburg when I have the money.
why shackels are like $28 and AAL are like $26....its worth the price
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-05-2006
Oasis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
why shackels are like $28 and AAL are like $26....its worth the price
ehh we'll see. Needs longer shocks too then. What was that compound stuff you were talking about ^^^?
The value of something, or weather or not it's worth it, is relative to the individual. Nothing has inert value of it's own.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-15-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
two correct that there is a conpound you are supposed to put inbetween the leafs...
What thats ? Where do you get it ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-15-2006
05rangeredge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 311
just put a thin plastic washer in between them. That should work.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
two correct that there is a conpound you are supposed to put inbetween the leafs...
bump

Whats that Zack ? Where do you get it ?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2006
telemaster1952's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dover, Deleware
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
nothing has really changed with the leave pack since 93-06
so they wont fit a 91 2wd?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Add a leaf... AAL actual lift rideabikenick Suspension Tech 13 09-10-2008 09:23 PM
Add-a-Leaf help Oh5Edge Suspension Tech 12 11-28-2006 09:38 AM
Add a leaf & shackles TANKER Suspension Tech 6 09-17-2006 10:38 PM
add a leaf lift mx98ranger Suspension Tech 18 06-03-2006 11:28 PM
Add-A-Leaf or helper spring roro72 Suspension Tech 6 07-28-2005 06:58 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.