Lowering kit questions???? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-06-2005
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 525
Lowering kit questions????

I am interested in buying a lowering kit for my truck. I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I was thinking of getting the Eibach lowering kit, which is a 2 inch front and 4 inch rear drop. If anyone has this or knows...I have an edge ranger, does it lower it 2-4 from base model height or from my edge height? Also, with the difference in drop, front to back, does this make the truck level?

I would like to keep the truck level or maybe have the rear an inch higher. Are there any better kits out there?

Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2005
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
ha, edge model?

there is no drop kit for an edge model
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2005
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 3,048
lowering keys are in production

guess who will be offering them?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2005
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay-briel
ha, edge model?

there is no drop kit for an edge model
unless i am mistaken, I am looking at one right now

http://www.autoanything.com/products...o_truck_system

and another kit
http://www.autoanything.com/products...k_lowering_kit

it says these kits fit the 2wd models which is what i have, so why wouldnt it work?
Can somebody point me in the right direction please, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2005
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
an edge has a t-bar front suspesion, same as the 4x4 models, so even though you dont have a 4x4, you have the suspension of on

xl/xlt models have a coil spring front suspension, which is what those kits are designed for, and its is 100% not compatible with what you have
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2005
volranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: OS ,Tennnessee
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty
unless i am mistaken, I am looking at one right now

http://www.autoanything.com/products...o_truck_system

and another kit
http://www.autoanything.com/products...k_lowering_kit

it says these kits fit the 2wd models which is what i have, so why wouldnt it work?
Can somebody point me in the right direction please, thanks.
Your Edge has torsion bar suspension,Similar to a 4wd even though its a 2wd.The lowering kits are for base models,xl ,and xlts with a more standard coil spring suspension.Most kits Ive seen will say Not for edge models,wont work on edge ETC.Now you can lower it a couple of inches by twisting your torsion bars one way or another in the front and removing your rear lift block,if it has one.I know about 2 inches in the front is all you can get,in the back you can get more by flipping the hangers but it woulnt match up with the front.Do a search on "lowering edge" and you can find a little more info.I love the look of the edge models ,but decided to go with XLT for this very reason,you dont have many suspension options with edges.Good luck and I hope this helps a little.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2005
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by volranger
Your Edge has torsion bar suspension,Similar to a 4wd even though its a 2wd.The lowering kits are for base models,xl ,and xlts with a more standard coil spring suspension.Most kits Ive seen will say Not for edge models,wont work on edge ETC.Now you can lower it a couple of inches by twisting your torsion bars one way or another in the front and removing your rear lift block,if it has one.I know about 2 inches in the front is all you can get,in the back you can get more by flipping the hangers but it woulnt match up with the front.Do a search on "lowering edge" and you can find a little more info.I love the look of the edge models ,but decided to go with XLT for this very reason,you dont have many suspension options with edges.Good luck and I hope this helps a little.
Thanks. I'll see what I can find. OH and I have one more question, but unrelated to suspension. I am trying to buy a Bama chip, but nobody there is repsonding to my emails. I think i remember a member here works there, can somebody help me with this. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2005
Swoop1156's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Posts: 1,965
He is still gone, I believe. Search for a thread titled something close to, "News from Doug Studdard".
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2005
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 3,048
he is back, send him one more email, if you dont hear back in a few days ill call and yell at him
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-2005
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPer4mance
he is back, send him one more email, if you dont hear back in a few days ill call and yell at him
its funny cause right after you posted this he finally emailed me back. anyways, i plan to buy the chip soon, does anyone here have it, and is it worth it?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-07-2005
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 3,048
MANY people on here use him, (including myself) one of the best mods you can do. I refer everyone to him and have never had any complaints!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-20-2005
advantEDGE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPer4mance
lowering keys are in production

guess who will be offering them?

Any news on this?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2006
blackedge2001's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: charlottesville, va
Posts: 1
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2006
DKM's Avatar
DKM DKM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 343
^^would those work? are they similar to what D. is having made?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-02-2006
AuthPineApple's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 420
Well if you do wanna drop the rear, I've got the eibach hangers and springs for the rear which will do a 3 or 4 inch drop that I can sell you, brand new with all bolts and stuff. BUt than rear will be a lot loower than front.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-21-2006
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedge2001
so im still trying to figure this out...will these keys make it lower than it would just flipping the stock keys? i dont wanna pay 80 bucks for something i already have

and i was given this....http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...d.php?t=150489

but its kinda hard for me to understand the instructions, would anyone be so kind as to include some pictures to go along with the instructions? thanks for all the help
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-21-2006
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,835
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowering Kit? dangerranger94 SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 4 04-23-2007 04:16 PM
What Lowering Kit To Use? ranger4banger Exterior Semi-Tech 3 04-14-2007 01:55 AM
cheapest lowering kit for a 1998 xlt ranger... poweranger Suspension Tech 19 01-10-2007 06:41 PM
Put on a 2"/3" lowering kit, vibrations now and uneven drop TX SVT LIGHTNING Suspension Tech 7 03-13-2006 04:44 PM
what type of a lowering kit 96RpAaNjGoErR Suspension Tech 11 05-20-2005 12:59 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.