My prerunner Mid-travel front end. (Pics) - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-15-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Thanks josh, at least you get it! Lol, my truck handles dang well for being fabtech, but its not that much worse than a burg kit.(My truck pulls just as much travel as the camburg kit, its just HOW it pulls the travel thats different) Anyways, the truck came with the 3.5 lift spindle when i bought it and i got the rest of it....uppers, springs, resi shocks, shock upgrade, gussets, limit straps for a grand total of about $800-$900 for the whole front end.

Im not going to be testing my truck out next weekend in Ocotillo because the rear end is still stock and would be kinda pointless to take it out there if the rear end cant keep up with the front end. And i kinda dont wanna run the risk of breaking anything in the back of this thing :-P
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fddriver02 View Post
My friend works at Fagtech. He says he would only truck the Jeep stuff. He want's Burg for his truck.
I didnt know that fabtech made slave cylinders christian lol!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
I didnt know that fabtech made slave cylinders christian lol!

i'm sorry...i can't just let this pass...

christian has NO EXPERIENCE with slaves like i do...i'm on slave #4 or #5 right now..i've lost count. to me...it's a no biggie....i pretty much i know once a year, that tranny gets dropped. and everytime, it costs me nothing but time.

/end hack.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2009
Shaklakan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Habra CA
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
i'm sorry...i can't just let this pass...

christian has NO EXPERIENCE with slaves like i do...i'm on slave #4 or #5 right now..i've lost count. to me...it's a no biggie....i pretty much i know once a year, that tranny gets dropped. and everytime, it costs me nothing but time.

/end hack.
Gotta love them slaves with lifetime warranties!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-15-2009
Gallo75's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mexicali Baja California,
Posts: 456
nice susp
i hate you!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-15-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
(My truck pulls just as much travel as the camburg kit, its just HOW it pulls the travel thats different)
No it doesn't. I have the Fabtech 5.5 and it is no where near as much travel as the camburg. Not even close. The stock lower control arms do not allow for the travel like the aftermarket ones of the Camburg.

Yes it has more then stock suspension but when you get your camburg you will realize that it is no where close.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-15-2009
CamburgRanger714's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorba Linda,CA
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
No it doesn't. I have the Fabtech 5.5 and it is no where near as much travel as the camburg. Not even close. The stock lower control arms do not allow for the travel like the aftermarket ones of the Camburg.

Yes it has more then stock suspension but when you get your camburg you will realize that it is no where close.

He's talking about the Camburg 5.5 kit. I have the kit on my truck and it doesn't come with lower control arms. Just the spindles, upper arms, coils, shocks, and straps.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-15-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
He said HIS truck pulls just as much as the Camburg. Which would mean the Fabtech pulls just as much as the Camburg.

Why would the Camburg pull just as much as the Camburg? That doesn't really make sense.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-15-2009
CamburgRanger714's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorba Linda,CA
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
He said HIS truck pulls just as much as the Camburg. Which would mean the Fabtech pulls just as much as the Camburg.

Why would the Camburg pull just as much as the Camburg? That doesn't really make sense.
You said the fabtech kit doesn't pull as much as the camburg kit because the camburg kit has aftermarket lower control arms. I said no it doesn't because I have the kit. Read what you write before you say something.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-15-2009
02oregonedge+'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OR!
Posts: 1,086
Trucks lookin good!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-15-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
He said HIS truck pulls just as much as the Camburg. Which would mean the Fabtech pulls just as much as the Camburg.

Why would the Camburg pull just as much as the Camburg? That doesn't really make sense.
and FYI the one big thing that limits the fabtech 5.5 kits travel is the shock. The uniball upper and spindle from camburg allows for it to cycle travel SMOOTHER and easier, the fabtech 5.5 kit can cycle just as much as cambrug (maybe 1" less) but it uses ball joints that would probably get messed up much quicker than uniballs would.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-15-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja1000_Edge View Post
nice susp
i hate you!
Lol i wish i had an edge like you do! I would have coil overs by now hahaha.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-15-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
and FYI the one big thing that limits the fabtech 5.5 kits travel is the shock. The uniball upper and spindle from camburg allows for it to cycle travel SMOOTHER and easier, the fabtech 5.5 kit can cycle just as much as cambrug (maybe 1" less) but it uses ball joints that would probably get messed up much quicker than uniballs would.
Well I've run my 5.5 with no shocks before and it still isn't a ton of travel.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-15-2009
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Nice Lance! What are the plans for the back? Getting a bed cage? Deavers?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-16-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
Well I've run my 5.5 with no shocks before and it still isn't a ton of travel.
Well neither does the camburg kit, the camburg kit doesnt pull 8977324975 inches of travel, it pulls just as much as any other 5.5 kit, maybe 1" more, but its main advantage is that it doesnt rip apart ball joints because of its uni ball setup. Go compare your kit to a camburg kit travel wise, there isnt much difference.

And i know this because Josh's truck pulls around 10-11" of travel and mine pulls about 10" of travel but josh's will cycle a lot smoother than mine because of the freedom of those uni ***** where as ball joints are more restrictive on my truck......Do a side by side comparison and you will see what i mean.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-16-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Nice Lance! What are the plans for the back? Getting a bed cage? Deavers?
Yup im going to be building a bedcage (with joshs help) that has the design of josh's but has the bolt in style of justins, i think it will turn out well but we will see. And ive already got my 14" reservoir bilsteins for the back, just need to get me some deavers, shackles, bedsides and flip the hangers and ill be ready to jam. All of this should happen within the next 4-5 months
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-16-2009
CamburgRanger714's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorba Linda,CA
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
Yup im going to be building a bedcage (with joshs help) that has the design of josh's but has the bolt in style of justins, i think it will turn out well but we will see. And ive already got my 14" reservoir bilsteins for the back, just need to get me some deavers, shackles, bedsides and flip the hangers and ill be ready to jam. All of this should happen within the next 4-5 months
??? 4 to 5 months? Try like 1 to 2 months. Just stop buying all the monthly subscriptions to Meatspin.com and Lemonparty.org. I know it will be hard to part with but just try not having those for a few months. You will save the money you need.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-16-2009
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamburgRanger714 View Post
??? 4 to 5 months? Try like 1 to 2 months. Just stop buying all the monthly subscriptions to Meatspin.com and Lemonparty.org. I know it will be hard to part with but just try not having those for a few months. You will save the money you need.
hahahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-16-2009
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
Thanks josh, at least you get it! Lol, my truck handles dang well for being fabtech, but its not that much worse than a burg kit.(My truck pulls just as much travel as the camburg kit, its just HOW it pulls the travel thats different) Anyways, the truck came with the 3.5 lift spindle when i bought it and i got the rest of it....uppers, springs, resi shocks, shock upgrade, gussets, limit straps for a grand total of about $800-$900 for the whole front end.

Im not going to be testing my truck out next weekend in Ocotillo because the rear end is still stock and would be kinda pointless to take it out there if the rear end cant keep up with the front end. And i kinda dont wanna run the risk of breaking anything in the back of this thing :-P
It won't be that bad on the rear-end, you should take it out anyway!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-16-2009
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
It won't be that bad on the rear-end, you should take it out anyway!
I want to take it out, but i just dont have the money for the gas there and back and to buy more supplies incase i break something. i think it will just be easier to wait it out :)

And josh, i just spent sooo much money on buying you those Richard Simmons and Elton Jon posters and DVD's for your birthday thats what is really holding my cash flow back. Youve got to get over that obsession, you cant legally marry richard simmons josh, im sorry. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-18-2009
CamburgRanger714's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorba Linda,CA
Posts: 184
...... and since that last post the crickets are still going......
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-18-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
i'm sorry...i can't just let this pass...

christian has NO EXPERIENCE with slaves like i do...i'm on slave #4 or #5 right now..i've lost count. to me...it's a no biggie....i pretty much i know once a year, that tranny gets dropped. and everytime, it costs me nothing but time.

/end hack.
3rd in 4 years. I shouldn't have to on a basically stock truck and it bugs the hell out of me because I don't have the room to change it out myself so it costs me quite a bit when it goes out. So it seems I have more experience with this problems since it takes a large dent out of my wallet every time I have to get it done.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 02-19-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-Travel Prerunner Project rideac1 Project Logs 111 03-12-2012 12:04 AM
Long/Mid travel; Whats the best bang for your buck? dirtboardforlife Suspension Tech 14 01-27-2009 04:32 PM
Texas Mid Travel Build Urandaman Project Logs 166 09-07-2008 09:57 AM
2nd blitz mid travel ranger on RF soon Urandaman General Ford Ranger Discussion 25 11-27-2007 02:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.