Toyo Proxes St vs. Hankook Ventus St Rh06 - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 08-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
If no tire lasts you more than 2 months you have some serious driving issues. If this were Viper forums I'd understand that. My last set of tires which were a cheap set of Dunlops went 36k without chopping or cupping. And a 3.0 sure isn't going to spin the tread off of them.
here here... how the hell could you POSSIBLY go through a set of tires in 2 months... especially 2 months on a regular basis unless youre doing burnouts daily or something!

i'd be broke just from buying tires all the time ;o)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-16-2006
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
D.'s Ranger IS the Viper of Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARPE
D.'s Ranger IS the Viper of Rangers
quick... someone give me a link to a brown-noser smiley ;o) j/k
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-16-2006
straightedge's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
I had a set of hankooks. They didnt last me a week. Then again, no tire lasts longer then 2 months for me ( on average ). I wouldn't use toyo's if they were given to me.

Something to remember.. your tires are the only thing that touches the ground on your vehical. Its the WORST place to skimp on.

Am I biased? You betcha. For having a 2003 vehical and going through 3-4 sets of tires a year, I think I have earned an opinion that says theres a reason some tires cost more then others.

I'd wait, save the cash, and aquire a *better* set of tires.

The tires your listing have been tested on all sorts of CARS, not trucks with our lame suspensions. Those tires are going to react a whole bunch different with our setups then the info given.

D.

i need tires asap and these are the tire size i need. I'm thinking on going with the toyo's. Why didn't you like them and what would you recommened in brands for a 255-60-17 size?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-16-2006
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrman
quick... someone give me a link to a brown-noser smiley ;o) j/k
lol seriously though, he's gotta alot done under the hood and wrags that thing out alot
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-16-2006
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightedge
i need tires asap and these are the tire size i need. I'm thinking on going with the toyo's. Why didn't you like them and what would you recommened in brands for a 255-60-17 size?
You're not actually taking such a dumb post seriously are you?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-16-2006
bdiddy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver, wa
Posts: 182
i work at a tire shop and i would reccomend the toyos. i havent driven on either of them but just from handling both of them i can tell u that the toyos are much softer and i think they would give a better ride. the sidewalls on the hankooks are just too stiff
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
i work at a tire shop and i would reccomend the toyos. i havent driven on either of them but just from handling both of them i can tell u that the toyos are much softer and i think they would give a better ride. the sidewalls on the hankooks are just too stiff
you WANT a stiff sidewall on a low-pro tire!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-17-2006
straightedge's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 633
went ahead and paid for the toyo's. picking them up tommorow afternoon. Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-17-2006
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
Awesome. I will tell you to have the tires road force balanced before you have them put on. I had a tire with 39 pounds of road force. I called Toyo in Atlanta and they were as nice as could be and just told me to call my local Toyo dealer and have them order a tire and they'd warranty it. I had it done Saturday morning in 15 minutes at Gatto's tire here with no paperwork no B.S. or anything it was very very nice to see they were helpful. But it wasn't a noticeable vibration being on the rear of the truck but since I do it for a living I was picky about it. It rides great now.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-17-2006
straightedge's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
Awesome. I will tell you to have the tires road force balanced before you have them put on. I had a tire with 39 pounds of road force. I called Toyo in Atlanta and they were as nice as could be and just told me to call my local Toyo dealer and have them order a tire and they'd warranty it. I had it done Saturday morning in 15 minutes at Gatto's tire here with no paperwork no B.S. or anything it was very very nice to see they were helpful. But it wasn't a noticeable vibration being on the rear of the truck but since I do it for a living I was picky about it. It rides great now.

pepboys charges $60 for an alignment when i was in there for the tire quote. I think that was part of the package though.

For $406 for the tires, i couldn't go wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-20-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
.. dup

Last edited by D.; 08-20-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: dup post
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-20-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
If no tire lasts you more than 2 months you have some serious driving issues. If this were Viper forums I'd understand that. My last set of tires which were a cheap set of Dunlops went 36k without chopping or cupping. And a 3.0 sure isn't going to spin the tread off of them.
LOL, ok ricer.

First, I don't have a 3.slow. I don't worship a dead wanna be rock-icon and I have very good driving skills.

I'm into drifting and Tandom riding. You ever slide a vehical at fast speeds latterally with the front tires breaking free as well? It does hellof damage to balljoints, lower control arm bushings AND tires.

Know what the circumstances are before you open your piehole. You will look more intelligent. I have more time behind a wrench and a wheel then youve spent wasting the planets oxygen.

Do us all a favor, follow your icons lead.

Last edited by D.; 08-20-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-20-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrman
here here... how the hell could you POSSIBLY go through a set of tires in 2 months... especially 2 months on a regular basis unless youre doing burnouts daily or something!

i'd be broke just from buying tires all the time ;o)
I use Goodyear RSA's bought locally. Its not a ' money-issue ' for myself, but a ' what works '. Whats odd.. I usually snap the bands in the front tires before they make the rotation to the rear, thus I eat a lot of tires. I NEED to go to a lower profile for more sidewall strength, but having all that empty wheel-well looks gay IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-20-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
You're not actually taking such a dumb post seriously are you?
And what was so dumb about that post?

'Something to remember.. your tires are the only thing that touches the ground on your vehical. Its the WORST place to skimp on.'

Thats not true?

' The tires your listing have been tested on all sorts of CARS, not trucks with our lame suspensions. Those tires are going to react a whole bunch different with our setups then the info given.'

Thats not true either? You claim to work on vehicals for a living, surely you would know such things.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-20-2006
Lumadar's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: El CAjon CA
Posts: 127
Ok, I was gonna keep quiet, but "drifting" in a Ranger?

LMAO. This is too much for me
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-21-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Ok, I was gonna keep quiet, but "drifting" in a Ranger?

LMAO. This is too much for me
Think about it. Light ***-end, rearwheel drive and a solid axle with MANY different gear setups to choose from. Think about how many people have trashed their trucks because the ***-end came out on them..
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-23-2006
Lumadar's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: El CAjon CA
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
Think about it. Light ***-end, rearwheel drive and a solid axle with MANY different gear setups to choose from. Think about how many people have trashed their trucks because the ***-end came out on them..
I did D, and I can picture your long wavey hair blowing in the wind as you drift from one endless curve to another. It's amazing... I can see the tires melting now...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20" foose wheels df5`s hankook tires/ont canada howells Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 6 03-09-2009 05:24 PM
hankook tires jdcrush Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 3 06-12-2008 09:46 PM
Hankook DynaPro M/T RT03 Kanoeking Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 5 09-19-2006 09:18 PM
Toyo Proxes S/T!!!!! EdGe_wannabe Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 11 01-09-2006 05:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.