did I blow it ?
hey all, I could really use some help with this problem
Im thinking I might have blown the internal amp in my HU, but I dont know how an HU will act/sound after.
the other day, I was testing a 2nd HU that Ive had in storage for a couple of yrs, to make sure it still works so I can sell it.
I took out the HU to use the plugs for the storage HU, (which worked great) but when I put the HU back into the Talon, I lost all bass except from the Sub. I also only hear radio stations through the sub, but nothing through the front/rear speakers.
did I blow the internal AMP on my HU ?
its a Pioneer DEH-P6500MP.
the only thing I can think of I might have done wrong is I did not remove the ground wire from the battery. but I also have my wiring such that there is no way it can ground out (male/female plugs, female ends on the car wiring and male on the HU wiring)
if anyone can help out please, I dont want to continue wasting my time with this HU if the int amp is fried. I'll just pick up a new one.