how to blow a 30amp fuse - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-24-2006
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
how to blow a 30amp fuse

alright so, as of right now my abs is disabled via a pair of nippers - i cut the wire inside the fuse. I tried to blow the fuse by direct shorting a tractor battery, and also with a charger on it set at engine start, and it still did not blow the fuse... so, how do I do this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2006
FireRanger's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 0
You know, you can just pull the fuse out of the slot to redner the circuit disconnected. You don't need to physcially destroy the fuse to diable it.

As for why it wouldn't blow, I don't know but something wasn't hooked up right. I an assure you that it wasn't flowing that much current through it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2006
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD
alright so, as of right now my abs is disabled via a pair of nippers - i cut the wire inside the fuse. I tried to blow the fuse by direct shorting a tractor battery, and also with a charger on it set at engine start, and it still did not blow the fuse... so, how do I do this?
Woah dude you got issues. You're just looking to destroy your ABS module doing **** like that. Pulling the fuse does work exactly the same way you know and then you can put it back in when you're done doing whatever it is you do. All an ABS module needs is 18 volts and countless amps running through it because you're trying to blow a fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2006
Rand's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Barberton,Ohio
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
Woah dude you got issues. You're just looking to destroy your ABS module doing **** like that. Pulling the fuse does work exactly the same way you know and then you can put it back in when you're done doing whatever it is you do. All an ABS module needs is 18 volts and countless amps running through it because you're trying to blow a fuse.
I think you misread...



How to pop the fuse? You dont need to just pull it and replace.
or grab a pair of jumper cables.
Connect to a battery.. then carefully short the fuse with em.
A 30amp fuse should blow in like .2seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2006
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
well i dont like abs, and if u take out the fuse and get into an accident, wether your fault or not, the insurence company will see no fuse, know you took it out, and say "we're not covering you" while a blown abs fuse will say "theres something seriously wrong here if the abs fuse blew to cause an accident like this" then its manafactuer defect, and not something I did..... even tho i blew the fuse, wtf would know, unless they read this thread.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2006
redneckff7's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsville, NJ
Posts: 412
Why don't you just do the ABS Mod and then not have to act like a ree ree and try to blow a fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2006
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
put a soldering iron to the metal and then heat it up... my dads ABS light came on a day before he went to get his new truck but the ABS still worked so thats what he did....then he lost his guts and fessed up lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2006
Ranger379's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Titusville, Pa
Posts: 30
or you could find an already blown 30 amp duse and put in its place instead of trying to blow the fuse u have now. my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2006
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,235
Well my opinion is if you want to disable or change something on your truck...be ready to deal with the consequences...

I know this comment wasn't what you were looking for...But I just couldn't resist once I saw your reason for wanting to do this....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 246
Wow...I can't count the number of times I've blown fuses by accident and he can't even blow one on purpose.

Its like being the "untouchable" of electronics...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-26-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD
well i dont like abs, and if u take out the fuse and get into an accident, wether your fault or not, the insurence company will see no fuse, know you took it out, and say "we're not covering you" while a blown abs fuse will say "theres something seriously wrong here if the abs fuse blew to cause an accident like this" then its manafactuer defect, and not something I did..... even tho i blew the fuse, wtf would know, unless they read this thread.....
You are a smart guy.

Hey guys, I am going to rob the drug store on x intersection, I wont get caught, unless the police look at this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-26-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Dave.. I have a boatload of blown fuses here, come pick one up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn on the lights, blow a fuse dmunchp2d General Technical & Electrical 4 06-03-2009 05:14 PM
Fuse Diagram Need to replace Link Port/Data Port Fuse FRXLT General Technical & Electrical 14 05-25-2009 08:48 PM
04 Fuse box, Fuse raiting and location Midnightrider General Technical & Electrical 3 04-11-2008 12:41 PM
air wont blow out of vents .. only defroster wdstone General Technical & Electrical 16 06-29-2005 06:51 PM
Drivers side fuse panel 97 2.3L fuse#2 slot radio_earbug SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 4 03-17-2005 11:49 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.