Ok, last two days have been long, but glad I went through with this part of the project so far.
Unboxed the Explorer center console, I dismantled any small pieces I could.
Top Cover was ripped, so it will be sent in for re-upholstering.
Next step was to clean and sand the surface to prep it for paint.
Used 60 grit first, followed by 100/150/220 grits....
Tore apart the center of this piece to fabricate a place for the shifter to fit.
Few light coats of Krylon Fusion to start the paint process
After a few more coats...
Figured I'd have some time to kill between coats, so I sanded and started paint on the MTX Thunderform enclosure.
Well, let'em dry plenty before I put on a few final clearcoat layers to protect the finish.... damm...I'm tired....heading to bed.