Help needed: MAS Swap - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech General discussion of 2.9L and 3.0L V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 07-23-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84FordMan View Post
Look at the kettle trying to cover up.

You broke your sampling tube because you OVER TORQUED the MAF sensor, 89 in/lbs was all that was needed, not 89 ft/lbs, kid. Yeah so you posted a question and it was awash in the torrent of massive posting that goes on, that it was lost, so much posting goes on that it takes 2 to 3 weeks before a thread will leave the first page. You thought you would throw away a perfectly good MAF sensor, despite the Motorcraft part number was the same.

You may have been here longer than I, but it is already apparent that you won't be here much longer.

Also, don't judge someone by their appearance on a forum. I met someone off another forum, his screen name was speedracer, and yes he didn't use proper grammar on the internets (serious business), he claimed he was an electronics technician at Pleasurecraft, and I needed help sorting out wiring on a DBW throttle body that came off another vehicle. He showed up in his GT (And I am not talking Mustang), incredibly intelligent off the internet and we got it all sorted out. Again, the moral of this story is, don't judge someone by their internet appearance, not is all as it appears, especially when they act like an internet tough guy.
What am I trying to cover up? Yeah I overtightened it but so what. People make mistakes. I didn't want it falling off when I'm driving. And the part number may have been the same but they have a secondary calibration code on them. That could mean different output voltage or a different temp that the hot wire runs at. Maybe even the housing is a little different. Many people like me just go onto the main page to look at threads. So after a few new threads or thread bumps other threads don't show up. Understood?

I like how when someone gets some slight criticism and they pull out the internet tough guy card. Where have I been tough guy? Did I make threats? You have no business being on a forum if you can't handle a little criticism.

You are correct when you say I won't be here much longer but it will be my choice. I'm selling my truck soon for a better vehicle.

Lastly I can think how I want to think. Last time I check my thoughts were my own. So if I see that one guy is claiming to be something but he can't spell simple words then I'm going to thinks its a lie. Take your own advise and don't judge a book by its cover. A little criticism from me makes me an internet tough guy? Hardly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camokid View Post
as far as I'm concerned the ends totally justified the means.
I don't like it but its your truck.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 07-23-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-23-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wrentham
Posts: 23
dude, its a forum. god forbid there are misspelling and typos. i don't check my posts before i send them.
I came here looking for an answer, you couldn't provide it, so move on. someone else did. you don't have to come in here shooting you mouth off because god forbid someone doesn't care for your advise.
There's this kid i go to school with, and every time i thought of a good project, he would always say it wouldn't work because he was under the impression that he new everything. I made it work and he got all pissed.
I know i don't know everything, hence the question at the beginning, but I do know there is always a desirable solution.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-23-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wrentham
Posts: 23
?????????
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-23-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wrentham
Posts: 23
well this thread went to hell in a hand basket pretty quick. lol
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-23-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by camokid View Post
dude, its a forum. god forbid there are misspelling and typos. i don't check my posts before i send them.
I came here looking for an answer, you couldn't provide it, so move on. someone else did. you don't have to come in here shooting you mouth off because god forbid someone doesn't care for your advise.
There's this kid i go to school with, and every time i thought of a good project, he would always say it wouldn't work because he was under the impression that he new everything. I made it work and he got all pissed.
I know i don't know everything, hence the question at the beginning, but I do know there is always a desirable solution.
Like I said before. I was trying to save you money but you just want the cool factor of this whole thing when there isn't one. You told me its going on end of story. So basically you told me I don't care what I say. Im sorry if you and the other guy can't take a little criticism. Good for you that you got it to work. Internet cookie for you. In the end all I did was debate a dumb mod like anyone else would. Sorry that I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-23-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wrentham
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Like I said before. I was trying to save you money but you just want the cool factor of this whole thing when there isn't one. You told me its going on end of story. So basically you told me I don't care what I say. Im sorry if you and the other guy can't take a little criticism. Good for you that you got it to work. Internet cookie for you. In the end all I did was debate a dumb mod like anyone else would. Sorry that I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind.
see there you go again calling a pretty sweet idea stupid. its called a hobby. i enjoy hot roding and customizing. your the only one on this thread who thinks its stupid. just because your truck **** the bed (and you're a packy* security guard) doesn't give you the right to take it out on everyone else.


*what we new englanders call an boose store.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-23-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by camokid View Post
see there you go again calling a pretty sweet idea stupid. its called a hobby. i enjoy hot roding and customizing. your the only one on this thread who thinks its stupid. just because your truck **** the bed (and you're a packy* security guard) doesn't give you the right to take it out on everyone else.


*what we new englanders call an boose store.
I enjoy hot roding and customizing too. Yeah its a hobby but you have to have knowledge of the hobby to do it. I found certain things do nothing for certain vehicles or when done alone. They do end up burning a hole in your wallet. This is one. I tried to share this knowledge but you don't care. But again good for you that you got it going. Have fun with it. And good luck sharing a tuner. Done.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 07-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USA Spec iPod Adapter - X-Mas Gift from the Wife. Scrambler82 Audio & Video Tech 51 12-29-2009 10:28 AM
ANOTHER Early X-Mas Gift Rolldogg Snapshots 27 12-26-2008 10:11 PM
Error Codes/MAS issue? Ringfinger 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 0 12-09-2008 11:11 AM
X-mas 1999Rangerlockednlifted New Ideas 8 12-06-2008 08:22 PM
New Mod :) X-MAS GIFT Line of Fire! WholesaleMN.com General Ford Ranger Discussion 14 12-22-2004 06:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.