let your feelings be known - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech General discussion of 2.9L and 3.0L V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-09-2010
fordrangerperformance's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cookeville, Tn
Posts: 59
Yeah i like my 3.0 ranger too I've had it for 6 years now its the only thing I've ever owned that i would not be afraid to drive any where. I've put about 90,000 on it had 50,000 when i got it the only thing I've had to replace is the coil pack it went down on cyc4 an a Throttle position sensor. other then that just basic tune ups when i feel its time for it lol.

I know the stock 3.0 vs 4.0 isn't really any comparison but after bumping up the power of my 3.0 i can't say i have any thing bad to say about it. its just a good ol truck :)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-09-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostD306 View Post
well i loved my ranger when i got it. Had 11 miles on it.

now im at 75,254 miles, and it has a flashing CEL, wont half run, had to replace the brakes twice and is currently having to have new cylinder heads installed due to a F'ed up exhaust valve in my heads....

So to say that i'm not happy w/ my purchase would be an understatement. Worst 18k ive ever spent.
let me see if i get this right... you paid 18,000 for a brand new vehicle, on which you have put 75 000 miles, any you are complaining that you had to chance your brakes twice, which are supposed to be done, roughly every 30 000miles anyways, have done no other maintence, and are pissed because there is a CEL light, which you obviously haven't pulled or cleared codes which would probably fix the problem right there, or tell you what the problem is...

and to top it off... i paid 16,300 for my truck, which was 2 years old, and had 62,000 km on it when i got it... (39,000miles)

so what's your issue?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-10-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
I guess I could kind of see it if it was a 93-97 because those lights do kind of have the same shape as the Crown Vics. But 98-00s don't. I dunno.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-10-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
i doubt it... it's the the inner marker lights that give it away for me... there are several years of thunderbirds that had markers that looked (in a mirror) like a crown vic, and the fox bodied mustangs... but only with clear inner markers... it's the reflector shape also... the light it produces looks like lots of little bulbs
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-11-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
i doubt it... it's the the inner marker lights that give it away for me... there are several years of thunderbirds that had markers that looked (in a mirror) like a crown vic, and the fox bodied mustangs... but only with clear inner markers... it's the reflector shape also... the light it produces looks like lots of little bulbs
Ah I was just trying to make the OP feel better....way to be a kill joy....
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-11-2010
d0sitmatr's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 706
lol
some funny stuff
I guess some of you missed the part where I said
Quote:
"I dont think it does myself"
but that is ok, ignorance is forgivable
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-11-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mt. Juliet
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
let me see if i get this right... you paid 18,000 for a brand new vehicle, on which you have put 75 000 miles, any you are complaining that you had to chance your brakes twice, which are supposed to be done, roughly every 30 000miles anyways, have done no other maintence, and are pissed because there is a CEL light, which you obviously haven't pulled or cleared codes which would probably fix the problem right there, or tell you what the problem is.
here let me be more specific. I have a truck....that has 75k miles on it. It will not idle. Anything under 1k rpm the truck throws a flashing CEL. Any other time the truck misses and an the CEL is ALWAYS on. Ford Dealership (Two Rivers Ford in Nashville TN) diagnosed the problem as a manufacturing error in the valve seats of the cylinder heads, however is not warranted. The way to fix the flashing CEL is replacing the cylinder heads. See where that might be a problem?? Would you like me to show the the TSB on the problem??
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-12-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostD306 View Post
here let me be more specific. I have a truck....that has 75k miles on it. It will not idle. Anything under 1k rpm the truck throws a flashing CEL. Any other time the truck misses and an the CEL is ALWAYS on. Ford Dealership (Two Rivers Ford in Nashville TN) diagnosed the problem as a manufacturing error in the valve seats of the cylinder heads, however is not warranted. The way to fix the flashing CEL is replacing the cylinder heads. See where that might be a problem?? Would you like me to show the the TSB on the problem??
so you are telling me a manufacturing error in the valve sear on your cylinder head is causing a check engine light?

so a mechanical defincincy, is causing an electronics problem? the CEL will not tell you that you have low compression... it tells you that an electronic sensor is giving a reading outside of the normal perameters... even a burnt valve may not trip a CEL... try again
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-13-2010
Toms994x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 1,300
Boost, what's the year of your truck? I can look it up on monday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel thoughts and feelings? Kris03 Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 33 01-28-2012 09:12 AM
Figured I'd let myself be known Blinger101 Member Introductions 8 09-05-2010 11:08 PM
??? - Let me see your sway bar! Needforspeed3685 General Ford Ranger Discussion 32 04-24-2007 09:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.