Maniak Racing Prerunner Fenders - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-17-2005
FauX's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 992
Maniak Racing Prerunner Fenders

Hey guys, Next week i'll be ordering my fenders from Maniak Racing! I'll be having them painted shortly after but my main concern is how hard are these things going to be to install. Any special Tools needed for the install? Any hints, tips would be great guys.


-Cass
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-17-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
I think its just bolt up but it can be hard to get them to line up right. from what I hear you just need to be patient and adjust then readjust then readjust etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-17-2005
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Front or Rear?

Fronts are easy. Just unbolt all the stock bolts (top under hood, one in door jam, one under fender, one behind headlight) and put the fiberglass on. You will have to drill the holes but that is easy enough. The hardest part is just lineing it all up. I spent 4hours the first time lining everything up perfectly. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-17-2005
FauX's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 992
Thanks guys, For now i'm just going with fronts so I can fit 33's on stock. My main concern right now is just getting my wheels and tires so that when I get my lift i'm not stuck with 31's with a lift and you know how that goes... Looks FUGLY!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2005
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
33s fit stock without glass, a little crank of the torsion bars and they are fine. I did it for awhile as other people have as well. But hey if you want glass go for it man.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 2,664
....uh....yah...

thas a lot of expense to go thru to fit tires that u could fit w/o any mods at all....

but hey, to each his own...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2005
FauX's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 992
It's not that, It's just I don't want ANY rubbing period, and since I have a deal goin with a buddy at Big-O on some 33's I figured I mine as well get some glass before hand. Save my self the trouble of having to wait. Plus I kinda don't like the fact that my stock Fender Flares are beginning to fall off :)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauX
It's not that, It's just I don't want ANY rubbing period, and since I have a deal goin with a buddy at Big-O on some 33's I figured I mine as well get some glass before hand. Save my self the trouble of having to wait. Plus I kinda don't like the fact that my stock Fender Flares are beginning to fall off :)


Yes like the way you think. This is how its done RIGHT.yes you can fit with max out torsion bars, but I have a REAL HARD time of beleiving that you dont rub at all with 33s stock. plus glass looks good.

why half *** it when you can do it first classs? I commend you!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2005
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO
Yes like the way you think. This is how its done RIGHT.yes you can fit with max out torsion bars, but I have a REAL HARD time of beleiving that you dont rub at all with 33s stock. plus glass looks good.

why half *** it when you can do it first classs? I commend you!!
Gil for your information I fit 33s on mine with stock alcoas and did not max the Tbars. The only rub I had and I could not even hear it was on the front stabilizer bar, that was on hard U turns with the steering locked. That rubbing would cause NO issues what so ever, I do commend him as well for doing it up right now instead of later but dont say you cant do this without maxing adjustments.

This is not meant to be a pissing match just wanted to let you know what I have done and the results.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
Gil for your information I fit 33s on mine with stock alcoas and did not max the Tbars. The only rub I had and I could not even hear it was on the front stabilizer bar, that was on hard U turns with the steering locked. That rubbing would cause NO issues what so ever, I do commend him as well for doing it up right now instead of later but dont say you cant do this without maxing adjustments.

This is not meant to be a pissing match just wanted to let you know what I have done and the results.


thats cool but how much do you offroad?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 2,664
i offroad every friggen day!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2005
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO
thats cool but how much do you offroad?
Not much, from looking at the clearance I dont think it would rub at all. I can no long test that either as I have upgraded everything and lifted.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
Not much, from looking at the clearance I dont think it would rub at all. I can no long test that either as I have upgraded everything and lifted.


well we cant change it nw, but i would have put money down that you would have rubbed off road.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippnOver
i offroad every friggen day!


shuddup...


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-18-2005
FauX's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 992
hahah oh my god, this blew way the hell outa proportion. Thanks for the help guys. I've seen rangers fully cranked out and rubbing in almost all 90 degree turns. Then again, they were all running brand new Goodyear Wrangler Mt/Rs
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-18-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
ok gil who gives a rats *** if it rubs off road big deal


now on to your question. TEST fit them before there painted do any body work or ovaling of the mounting holes then. then take them off and put them back on make sure it religns up agian then go get them painted. this way after there painted its easy as pie to put them on.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
ok gil who gives a rats *** if it rubs off road big deal

I do, its retarded, if it doesnt fit it doesn't fit. Rubbing is ghetto as **** and itll put nice lice rappy marks in you tires. Its one thing if you prepare for bigger tires by getting glass or hell even making a nice cut al the way around the fender, but straight out rubbng is half assed.let me give you a hint, you wont gain much of anything and DEFINATELY not anything you'll notice from a one inch size difference.

people get carried away sometimes. drives me f*cking nuts
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 2,664
psycho retarted girls who wont stop calling your cell phone 100 times at 4:15 am drives me f'in nuts...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-18-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippnOver
psycho retarted girls who wont stop calling your cell phone 100 times at 4:15 am drives me f'in nuts...


post *****...


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-18-2005
FauX's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippnOver
psycho retarted girls who wont stop calling your cell phone 100 times at 4:15 am drives me f'in nuts...
I think I still have the record, 237 calls from 7 am - 9 am I never picked it up once, she would hang up and call again
god it was great
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranger Fiberglass Fenders Prerunner style na427 Exterior Semi-Tech 15 01-26-2012 07:31 AM
eBay / Craigslist Find: PreRunner Fenders $250 (VaBeach VA) btm757 eBay & Craigslist Finds 0 11-15-2010 05:09 PM
American Racing should be Chinese Racing FMD Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 25 11-07-2009 09:01 PM
prerunner fenders motorbill6987 Snapshots 19 03-15-2009 10:07 PM
Racing harness w/o racing seats? jtslmn720 New Ideas 15 07-17-2006 09:12 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.