Few new pictures of the SD - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Discussion General discussion of Ford vehicles not pertaining to the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-27-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
OH. Its only one. Interesting.

Ive never seen one stack. Its usually two stacks. Good job Zach.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-27-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Oh yeah man, that looks good. Ha I bet that truck is straight sketchy when you stand on the gas.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-27-2011
Downey's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncy, PA
Posts: 8,470
damn i love your truck more and more.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-27-2011
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Aha! Bought time Zach. Looks great! BTW whats diesel costing you lately? I filled up today at 3.69 a gallon. A week ago it was 3.29.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-28-2011
FordTough2007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Auburn,ME/Selinsgrove,PA
Posts: 1,062
looks awesome Zach. the stack really sets it off.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-28-2011
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
The snapshots forum is the next one down newb!

The exhaust is alright. Not my style but it's better than the awful 6' tall chrome stacks I always see.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-28-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Aha! Bought time Zach. Looks great! BTW whats diesel costing you lately? I filled up today at 3.69 a gallon. A week ago it was 3.29.
ah its been in the 3.60s for a few weeks now. I try not to even look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjwilson View Post
The snapshots forum is the next one down newb!

The exhaust is alright. Not my style but it's better than the awful 6' tall chrome stacks I always see.
haha yeah i guess I am a newb...

yeah i know its not everyones style. but thats fine. :)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-28-2011
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Looks kind of whorish lol
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-28-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
thanks you *****...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-28-2011
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
thanks you *****...
Hell ya and Im loving it
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-28-2011
Redrocket's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waynesville n.c
Posts: 1,993
truck looks good.. but aww on the snow its been gone here for a few weeks now been in the 60s it ws 70 yesterday lol witch is odd for hear this time of year
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-28-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Looks good Zach. I also like the stack.

Single stacks are becoming more and more popular in the diesel community. I really like them. Way better then dual stacks.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-01-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
That stack saddens me deeply
Me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
I like it but I like to be different
A diesel with a stack. Way to stand out. lol

Too each his own I guess. Deep inside I hope when you go to sell it one day some guy says "Well, I would buy it from you for your asking price, but I really hate stacks." HAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjwilson View Post
The exhaust is alright. Not my style but it's better than the awful 6' tall chrome stacks I always see.
Naww brawww. Twin chrome stacks are teh shiiiiitttttt.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-01-2011
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Mr. Beard, how could you ignore my opinion on stacks!

Still not 100% sold on it, but still looks better, and less obnoxious than two big chrome stacks. If a person was going to do stacks, you did it right!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-01-2011
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
I like the stack, and the fact that there's only one. I've always liked the black ones that don't come above the roof.

I would personally paint the oil cooler shield black, just so it would blend in, but to each his own
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-01-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
^ I would have to agree.

Everybody and their mom that has a Cummins down here in TN thinks it's cool as s**t to put two of the biggest chrome stacks that they can find on their Dodge so they can smoke everybody out with their black smoke. Then out of nowhere a little white truck comes whizzing by them.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-01-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
Me as well.



A diesel with a stack. Way to stand out. lol

Too each his own I guess. Deep inside I hope when you go to sell it one day some guy says "Well, I would buy it from you for your asking price, but I really hate stacks." HAHAHAHA



Naww brawww. Twin chrome stacks are teh shiiiiitttttt.
I can think of only a handful or 2008+ SuperDuties with a single black stack. So in this case yes it is different. I could careless about cummins fools and their smoky bs. My truck lights with little to no smoke and is much different than you would expect. Diesels should never smoke only haze. If its properly setup it wont smoke much at all.

btw, I could careless what the next person wants when they buy the truck. Its unlikely I will sell it and if i do I will just put it back to stock since i have all the stock components in the garage. You just speak too unintelligent about many things. But to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Mr. Beard, how could you ignore my opinion on stacks!

Still not 100% sold on it, but still looks better, and less obnoxious than two big chrome stacks. If a person was going to do stacks, you did it right!
You knew I was going to! I just couldnt help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
I like the stack, and the fact that there's only one. I've always liked the black ones that don't come above the roof.

I would personally paint the oil cooler shield black, just so it would blend in, but to each his own
Good point, maybe I will get it powder coated or anodized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly's Ford View Post
^ I would have to agree.

Everybody and their mom that has a Cummins down here in TN thinks it's cool as s**t to put two of the biggest chrome stacks that they can find on their Dodge so they can smoke everybody out with their black smoke. Then out of nowhere a little white truck comes whizzing by them.
Yeah not too worried about the cummins they are what they are. I have a SD. Btw lets see that white truck run a 13.6 in the quarter mile. :)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-01-2011
comunistico's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san jose, Costa Rica
Posts: 1,319
love the single black stack.

the angle of the stack and height are perfect with the truck!

reminds me i still want a single stack on my truck also!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-01-2011
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
Btw lets see that white truck run a 13.6 in the quarter mile. :)
No **** huh. Not sure about the cummins but that 6.4 you've got has tons of potential with just a tune. With no major mods they're probably the fastest diesels out there. A 3.0l ranger won't hold a candle to my 6.0, I couldn't even imagine a 6.4 with a 210hp tune. I know the 4.0 is quicker but it still ain't that quick.

BTW Zach when are you gonna try some of Innovative Diesel's tunes?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-01-2011
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 666
That diesel is Nice! I say again that diesel is Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-01-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
Yeah not too worried about the cummins they are what they are. I have a SD. Btw lets see that white truck run a 13.6 in the quarter mile. :)
I Totally have respect for SD's I'd get one if I had the money. Haha no I understand, the Ranger couldnt keep up with that lol. Those 6.4's are torque monsters!

13.6 for a truck that's basically as aerodynamic as a brick on four wheels is dang good.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-01-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
You just speak too unintelligent about many things. But to each his own.
Amen to that!!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-01-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dublin, Texas
Posts: 33
Hey bro you wanna race?? lol jk man. I also have a 2008 ford f-350 single wheel. Its a lariat 4x4 super cab. Mods:
Spartan 310 as dd, 350 for the track :)
afe stage 2
flo pro 4 inch down pipe
custom 5 inch stainless steel exhaust from dp back
elites egr delete with wastegate
airdog
head studs
fully built suncoast transmission
everything fuel elite diesel offers
60hp (i think) injectors from elite
ported rails
To do:
cam shaft
heads
intercooler
valve springs
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-01-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
No **** huh. Not sure about the cummins but that 6.4 you've got has tons of potential with just a tune. With no major mods they're probably the fastest diesels out there. A 3.0l ranger won't hold a candle to my 6.0, I couldn't even imagine a 6.4 with a 210hp tune. I know the 4.0 is quicker but it still ain't that quick.

BTW Zach when are you gonna try some of Innovative Diesel's tunes?
Probably this summer when I can find an X3, I was really waiting on Eric to get his tunes to work on a basic tuner like the X3. So its much more affordable. I dont need another set of gauges.


210? I run the 210 winter only. 250 is where its at. Id like to get the 300 and 310 later this spring. The Spartan 310 or Erics XRace are one of the fastest track times on a stock truck. I am just a crappy driver I am sure I could do better than 13.6
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-01-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 superduty View Post
Hey bro you wanna race?? lol jk man. I also have a 2008 ford f-350 single wheel. Its a lariat 4x4 super cab. Mods:
Spartan 310 as dd, 350 for the track :)
afe stage 2
flo pro 4 inch down pipe
custom 5 inch stainless steel exhaust from dp back
elites egr delete with wastegate
airdog
head studs
fully built suncoast transmission
everything fuel elite diesel offers
60hp (i think) injectors from elite
ported rails
To do:
cam shaft
heads
intercooler
valve springs
haha no way! you have a much higher advantage! lol sounds like a sweet rig! post some pictures! you have to be in the 12s right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Few new pictures of the ranger zabeard Snapshots 30 01-11-2013 11:24 AM
A few muddy and a few clean pictures 05BLKEDGE Snapshots 1 05-23-2011 05:59 PM
a few pictures, new 35's, the truck, etc.. LiftKitRanger Snapshots 54 02-02-2010 06:11 PM
A few new pictures jdcrush General Ford Ranger Discussion 13 06-16-2009 01:19 PM
Few New Pictures Mr. Special Snapshots 24 07-01-2008 05:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.