I am addicted to 6000K HID's..... - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

View Poll Results: Which headlight setup do you like more, Evo or Ranger...
I like the Evo Lighting better 6 20.69%
I like the Ranger Lighting better 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 04-21-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeaholic (tm) View Post
great... another kid with an "unwitty" comeback.
It got the point across, many members agree with me.
  #77  
Old 04-21-2008
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
It got the point across, many members agree with me.
I AGREE!!!!!! Trent = Great success. Edgeahomo = fail.
  #78  
Old 04-21-2008
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
there are plenty of other things I can think of that are illigal that almost everybody has... how about systems? citys have sound ordances, so yeah your breaking one there...

#2 Clearcorners, its a law in most states to have the lil orange reflector in their but 60% of folks buy them anyway... and the aftermarkets DO come with a white reflector so there is something in there...

#3 Performance mods... don't wanna list...

so go ahead add HIDs as #4... I still love mine
  #79  
Old 04-21-2008
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
^^^ COULDN'T HAVE SAID ALL THAT STUFF ANY BETTER!!!! Dangaranger ^^^

That gun comment was got-dirty... Just to clarify that... Some people are smart on here, others just portray it because they're not. Especially those without rangers on this forum.
lol, please, i put in my fair share of ranger knowledge, and even more in other areas.
  #80  
Old 04-21-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wildwood, New Jersey
Posts: 4
what's with all the *****ing. We sound like a bunch of 18 yr old kids discussing their ricer cars...yuck
  #81  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangaRanger99 View Post
No offence, but you opened that can of worms!! They cry like little girls with skun knee's over here about HID's, they cant just skip over the post they feel the need to post something about the legality, or how it hurts there eyes...boo hoo



80k lbs? What are you hauling? I drive for a living also. I like the lights!, maybe if they been drving that long there #1 not following the log book rules, or #2 if there that fatigued find a rest stop.



....I could use a good settlement, what Routes you running there cowboy? Vehicular Manslaughter would be perfect, youde be flipping burgers for a living over lights!!! ...The gun comment was perfect whoever made that too!! Ide love for someone to try to be a tough guy "packin", Attempted Homocide...Smart Fella's we have on our hands here boys haha, I introduce you to our "working" class, great representation eh boys?!



Haha thats awesome!...

You are 100% correct, laws differ between states. Ive had my 12k HID's in my truck for 3 years now and passes effortlessly year after year.
80k lbs is the legal gvwr unless you go into the lame state you live in and need a permit to run a class a xxamount of miles off the only two highways through the state. FMSCA/DOT

11 hours of driving is allowed within a 14 hour period. FMSCA/USDOT

You need to get educated before you come out swinging as well.

who do you drive for? those guys with the music playing outside....good humor?



boo-hoo they hurt your eyes?
Grow up. It's a safety hazard, period. The amount of light and the way it's directed is beyond rediculous on that truck.

You would know about safety hazards I'm sure, being that NH drivers are some of the worst in New England and that says alot. The last guy I ran over was from NH. No fault, no charges on my end.
I wasn't saying I'd run him over on purpose, I meant that if he blinded me he'd have a good chance of that rig coming at him if he was oncoming.

One of the drivers for the company I worked for was in fact blinded by someone with 'illegally modified HID's' in Massachusettes. Ran the dumby over and killed him because he couldn't see from a blind flash. The dead driver was charged and deemed at fault, not the tractor trailer driver.



The only thing I'm trying to get across is that it's unsafe for everyone on the road. You may see better and be seen better, but you blind someone and they lose control of the car......how cool does your front end look then?

Grow up, it's not all about you and your truck. You have to share the road with everyone else and for you to not have respect for no one but yourself is just plain rediculous.
  #82  
Old 04-21-2008
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscoastie1 View Post
what's with all the *****ing. We sound like a bunch of 18 yr old kids discussing their ricer cars...yuck

because the majority of the people who post on here these days are 18 year old ricers, who got a truck, instead of a import.
  #83  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
I AGREE!!!!!! Trent = Great success. Edgeahomo = fail.
Yeah, you guys win. Everything but respect.

No facts and only opinion from the side of people liking the HID's.

There's nothing wrong with HID's if they're installed correctly. Using legal wattage, proper case enclosures, and aimed. I like them too but if you're going to be ghetto and only half-a$$ it, why bother?
  #84  
Old 04-21-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty View Post
because the majority of the people who post on here these days are 18 year old ricers, who got a truck, instead of a import.
Your trucks more rice than anyone else on here
  #85  
Old 04-21-2008
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
reason being?
  #86  
Old 04-21-2008
DangaRanger99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Farmington, NH
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en View Post
80k lbs is the legal gvwr unless you go into the lame state you live in and need a permit to run a class a xxamount of miles off the only two highways through the state. FMSCA/DOT

11 hours of driving is allowed within a 14 hour period. FMSCA/USDOT

You need to get educated before you come out swinging as well.

who do you drive for? those guys with the music playing outside....good humor?



boo-hoo they hurt your eyes?
Grow up. It's a safety hazard, period. The amount of light and the way it's directed is beyond rediculous on that truck.

You would know about safety hazards I'm sure, being that NH drivers are some of the worst in New England and that says alot. The last guy I ran over was from NH. No fault, no charges on my end.
I wasn't saying I'd run him over on purpose, I meant that if he blinded me he'd have a good chance of that rig coming at him if he was oncoming.

One of the drivers for the company I worked for was in fact blinded by someone with 'illegally modified HID's' in Massachusettes. Ran the dumby over and killed him because he couldn't see from a blind flash. The dead driver was charged and deemed at fault, not the tractor trailer driver.



The only thing I'm trying to get across is that it's unsafe for everyone on the road. You may see better and be seen better, but you blind someone and they lose control of the car......how cool does your front end look then?

Grow up, it's not all about you and your truck. You have to share the road with everyone else and for you to not have respect for no one but yourself is just plain rediculous.


JML trucking, Errol NH, Woodchips, Logs, Equipment etc. and being overweight is a f**k of alot more of a safety hazzard then HID's in a vehicle, you know how many roll overs or rear ends i been on on the fire department because of cowboys like you thinking there the best thing that happened to over the road trucking.

So let me get this straight, your pretty much bragging your co worker ran someone over and killed them...Nice work hero. Then your bragging about hitting someone...sounds like your a cocker of a driver there cowboy.

**Correction, you said after a driver has been driving 10-14 hours. My solution to that is dont be a hero pull over and take a nap, until then ill blind your *** and wait till I see you coming at me. Wheel your TT into a weigh station in NH well see how safe that baby is.

Worst driving in the state? Its a fact over half of our moterist's on the road are tourists, or from travelers from out of state, or TT drivers passing through

As I said before Ive been passing NH inspection for 3 years. Legal in my state. "Live Free Or Die"

Long Story Short QUIT YOUR B****ING NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT YOU DONT LIKE HID'S YOU DIDNT HAVE TO POST CRY BABY B***H
  #87  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
It's not b1tching it's fact. I don't need big letters for that.

No one was bragging, just stating fact.

80k is not overweight. That's a fact. You wanna talk exact I was anywhere from 78.5k-79.5k. Always legal on my books and truck safety equipment.


I just said I like HID's just not half a$$ installations like the one the OP did.
  #88  
Old 04-21-2008
Machine090767's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,410
[QUOTE=TrePaul86;936204]I AGREE!!!!!! Trent = Great success. Edgeaholic: even Better than Trent. (that silly bastard)
  #89  
Old 04-21-2008
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Agreed...

They're not DOT approved yet, and I don't know if they will be. But as far as being illegal, it varies from state to state.... Best way to find out is like what midnightrider said, ask a trooper.
Not DOT approved = Illegal. In all 50 states. State laws DO NOT apply to aftermarket HID conversion.

Read what the DOT/NHTSA said to these HID manufactures/retailers:

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/deetz.ztv.html

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/Shih.3.html

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/kim.ztv.html


Now, are you really gonna get in trouble for converting to HID? Probably not. If you do, its only going to be a fix it ticket. so just plug the halogens back in, get the ticket signed, and youre good.
  #90  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
Not DOT approved = Illegal. In all 50 states. State laws DO NOT apply to aftermarket HID conversion.

Read what the DOT/NHTSA said to these HID manufactures/retailers:

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/deetz.ztv.html

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/Shih.3.html

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/kim.ztv.html


Now, are you really gonna get in trouble for converting to HID? Probably not. If you do, its only going to be a fix it ticket. so just plug the halogens back in, get the ticket signed, and youre good.
See, here's someone with some facts.

Good post.
  #91  
Old 04-21-2008
DangaRanger99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Farmington, NH
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post


Now, are you really gonna get in trouble for converting to HID? Probably not. If you do, its only going to be a fix it ticket. so just plug the halogens back in, get the ticket signed, and youre good.


DE Tag in NH (Defective Equipemt) is what youde get. Thats exactlly what I would do, change them to the factory bulbs, have it signed off, get out of the parking lot and plug the HID's back in.

There definately worth the 2% of people who dont like them...
  #92  
Old 04-21-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Haverhill, MA
Posts: 1,907
YA HID's RULE!!!!! i got 5 sets using 2 one for my headlights and one set for my Fogs And i drive with them on ALL THE TIME even when there is no fog.

Never had a Prob And ppl Love the lOOK so i will keep doing it

O YA the Cops Complement me also :) and i have 2 state policeman that i know that get them because of me and love them he has them in a 8" lifted silverado and he also never had any probs with ppl flashing!!!!

I Will always have HID's and o no!!! there not in projectors OMG someone might get mad at me then get over it like you shoud :)

just put it down man you beat it and did not win with your stories
  #93  
Old 04-21-2008
DangaRanger99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Farmington, NH
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterGuy View Post
YA HID's RULE!!!!! i got 5 sets using 2 one for my headlights and one set for my Fogs And i drive with them on ALL THE TIME even when there is no fog.

Never had a Prob And ppl Love the lOOK so i will keep doing it

O YA the Cops Complement me also :) and i have 2 state policeman that i know that get them because of me and love them he has them in a 8" lifted silverado and he also never had any probs with ppl flashing!!!!

I Will always have HID's and o no!!! there not in projectors OMG someone might get mad at me then get over it like you shoud :)

just put it down man you beat it and did not win with your stories


Cops are the worst offenders around here...When were hanging out at the FD they come by and ask where I got mine, 90% of the PD, including the chief has 6-8k HID's in there trucks
  #94  
Old 04-21-2008
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
DIAF... END TEH THREAD...
  #95  
Old 04-21-2008
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
over the road drivers are usually the first to flash someone oncoming with high beams on.
  #96  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty View Post
over the road drivers are usually the first to flash someone oncoming with high beams on.
If you can see a big trucks front clearance lights(5 amber lights that run across the top of the windshield) then they can see your headlights reguardless of whether you can see the trucks headlights or not.

People don't care. It's just common sense and common courtesy but half the time they don't turn off those high beams anyway.
  #97  
Old 04-21-2008
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en View Post
If you can see a big trucks front clearance lights(5 amber lights that run across the top of the windshield) then they can see your headlights reguardless of whether you can see the trucks headlights or not.

People don't care. It's just common sense and common courtesy but half the time they don't turn off those high beams anyway.
I leave mine on low most of them time... so some people do care... esp. when the other vehicle is 10x bigger than you...
  #98  
Old 04-21-2008
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
boobies
  #99  
Old 04-21-2008
04BlackFX4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,159
Why are you guys fighting over lights?? Seriously.. who cares.
  #100  
Old 04-21-2008
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach2004 View Post
boobies
what's the 20 on em?
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 6000k HID kit and Wiring harness $50 shipped rizoss16 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 17 01-19-2010 11:07 AM
For Sale: Bi Xenon 6000K 35w Hid Kit and 05 3rd brake light for sale ( Riverside, CA) whitedge Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 21 01-13-2010 08:45 PM
For Sale: Xentec 6000k HID 9007 (NC) Rapala Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 6 12-14-2009 01:03 PM
FS: 6000k HID KIT(AL) Sonic04Edge Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 4 04-22-2009 12:12 AM
Addicted TrucknGolf Ranger-Forums Office 16 12-14-2008 05:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.