Power locks and windows to crank and manual - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-29-2012
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia City, In
Posts: 24
Power locks and windows to crank and manual

I currently have manual locks and crank windows and would like to switch to power locks and windows. My brother has power locks and windows and said he would switch if it was possible to switch from power to crank on windows. Does anyone know if this is possible to do or have a how to on this subject? All ideas are help!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2012
kanuck15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 844
All the stuff transfers over, but unless your truck is prewired for that stuff its not gonna work, Ive done my own wiring to make it all work but never again would I do that
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2012
87xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In my truck!
Posts: 875
What year is the truck?
I did this swap on my 87 ranger and everything was plug and play just had to pull the window harness from another truck.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2012
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia City, In
Posts: 24
The power windows are in an 03 and move to a 99
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2012
sheltonfilms's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardja View Post
The power windows are in an 03 and move to a 99
Too much difference in 99 and 03 to do a simple swap...at least on the wiring harness in the dash.

List all your specs on your 99. Such as which motor, which transmission AT or MT, 2wd or 4wd and I can tell you what all to get. I've done the conversion on my 2000 model adding cruise and the other power options.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-30-2012
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia City, In
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
Too much difference in 99 and 03 to do a simple swap...at least on the wiring harness in the dash.

List all your specs on your 99. Such as which motor, which transmission AT or MT, 2wd or 4wd and I can tell you what all to get. I've done the conversion on my 2000 model adding cruise and the other power options.
pretty much whatever you got i would need same motor and transmission, 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-30-2012
sheltonfilms's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 631
Then your gonna need a dash and engine bay harness from any 99 2wd A/T truck (maybe 98 also, but definitely not 2000) that has the power windows and locks.

Then both door harnesses, regulators, switch panels, lock actuators, and door ajar switches.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2016
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Camarillo
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
Then your gonna need a dash and engine bay harness from any 99 2wd A/T truck (maybe 98 also, but definitely not 2000) that has the power windows and locks.

Then both door harnesses, regulators, switch panels, lock actuators, and door ajar switches.
I know this is a super old thread and there are many like it but I am looking to do the same using OEM JY or eBay parts on my 2000 2.3 2WD non power anything. Not sure exactly what I would in the way of harnesses.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2016
sheltonfilms's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbee40 View Post
I know this is a super old thread and there are many like it but I am looking to do the same using OEM JY or eBay parts on my 2000 2.3 2WD non power anything. Not sure exactly what I would in the way of harnesses.
You need 4 harnesses:

Driver door w/ power options. (2000 or 2001)
Pass door w/ options. (99 works and so does 00)
Dash harness (must get a 2000) and must have 2wd. 4wd or 4wabs has a different speed signal wiring). Engine won't matter but if you have a manual transmission you should get one with a clutch pedal position switch plug. Some automatics have this plug and just have a blank/jumper connector.
Engine bay harness (bay not engine get a 2000), has main fuse box connected and wraps around front of vehicle (headlights, etc). Get same options as dash (must get 2wd).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How hard is it to convert manual to power windows and locks? Jwad00 General Technical & Electrical 29 01-15-2017 05:41 PM
Manual windows and locks to Power Windows Quinnin Interior Semi-Tech 31 10-30-2016 10:00 AM
Will a dealership install cruise control, power windows and locks in a 4-banger? 95Rangerjunkie SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 17 02-02-2010 11:14 PM
Manual everything to power windows/locks/mirrors questions? Redneckstone General Technical & Electrical 7 09-07-2008 04:13 PM
Converting Manual locks, mirrors, and windows to power Jonesy2081 Interior Semi-Tech 17 04-26-2005 08:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.