2005 F150 SuperCrew - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 11-23-2008
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
I love the way the fx4 rims look with 305/65/18 BFG A/T's with a leveling kit and AAL...MMMMMM that would be about the same height as my ranger (roof to roof).
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
upgraded the wheels and tires today. what do you think? better?







oh and the ranger



Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
BTW the color is called Dark Stone Clear Coat
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-23-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
I like those wheels better. I can hear it yelling leveling kit all the way down there though.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
actually i have one in the garage from a 05 I lifted earlier in the year, but i dont want to install it on the truck, sure it would look better but it really doesnt look that bad in person. plus that rake is there for a reason when you are towing.

btw i got the wheels and tires for free, so it works, truck looks much better too with the 18s vs 17s
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-23-2008
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
OMG zach your truck=life. I love it. It's perfect how you have the f150 stock and the ranger all modded out. I must say I'm looking to do the same shortly. Let me know how the f150 tows the ranger...I'm having trouble deciding diesel/gas...the most I (will) tow is 3 atvs or a small truck
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-23-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
actually i have one in the garage from a 05 I lifted earlier in the year, but i dont want to install it on the truck, sure it would look better but it really doesnt look that bad in person. plus that rake is there for a reason when you are towing.

btw i got the wheels and tires for free, so it works, truck looks much better too with the 18s vs 17s
I know its there for a purpose lol, I just like the level look.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Thanks Ricky, I will let you know but I dont plan on trailering the ranger for a few months. My trailer needs some TLC before I load it back up.

This truck is rated to tow 9500lbs my truck is 5000lbs. So I really dont think it will have an issue at all. Also the fuel price difference no way I want to pay that extra for diesel when I really dont need it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
I know its there for a purpose lol, I just like the level look.
yeah cant blame ya, i like it level too but it doesnt bother me.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-23-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Report back with what mileage you get with it, i'm curious
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
well i have put 250 miles on it and its at a half tank, so we will see.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-23-2008
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
I thought you weren't doing any mods to it!! LOL Looks good with those wheels. And you bought it yesterday and already have 250 miles on it. LOL Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-23-2008
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
Thanks Ricky, I will let you know but I dont plan on trailering the ranger for a few months. My trailer needs some TLC before I load it back up.

This truck is rated to tow 9500lbs my truck is 5000lbs. So I really dont think it will have an issue at all. Also the fuel price difference no way I want to pay that extra for diesel when I really dont need it.
Thats what I was looking at...it's 2.21 for 93 oct (say you have a tune), and 3.00 for diesel, if you get 16mpg avg in the gas, vs 18mpg avg on the diesel...it's not worth it at all.

It should tow the truck just fine. I am just curious about how well it does and mpg. Most I tow is 3k# right now. It would be a walk in the park for a gas...it's the $ difference. You can get the newer 150's CHEAP, can't touch a powerstroke or cummins for 10k more than the 150's..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
if you had the 4.0 in your ranger you wouldnt have any issues with 3k
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-23-2008
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
if you had the 4.0 in your ranger you wouldnt have any issues with 3k
I know :( makes me want to swap it, and manual...might as well get a 150 and trade mine in...lol
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
lol yep.

i wanted more cab space too, which the ranger doesnt offer.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-23-2008
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
The wheels look MUCH better, looks 1000 times better. You could always throw the leveling kit on and get the airbag helper springs for the back if you wanted, the kits aren't too expensive and take like no time to put on. I'm not sure about the 4wd's but I know for the 2wd's they made two different height leveling kits, a 2" and a 2.5" so people can go with the 2" and still have a little rake if you tow. Might want to look at how many inches the leveling kit you have is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130 View Post
Thats what I was looking at...it's 2.21 for 93 oct (say you have a tune), and 3.00 for diesel, if you get 16mpg avg in the gas, vs 18mpg avg on the diesel...it's not worth it at all.

It should tow the truck just fine. I am just curious about how well it does and mpg. Most I tow is 3k# right now. It would be a walk in the park for a gas...it's the $ difference. You can get the newer 150's CHEAP, can't touch a powerstroke or cummins for 10k more than the 150's..
Towed my Ranger with my dads F150 from Tampa and got 9mpg according to the readout on the dash. But he has 3.73's and 33's.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-23-2008
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
The wheels look MUCH better, looks 1000 times better. You could always throw the leveling kit on and get the airbag helper springs for the back if you wanted, the kits aren't too expensive and take like no time to put on. I'm not sure about the 4wd's but I know for the 2wd's they made two different height leveling kits, a 2" and a 2.5" so people can go with the 2" and still have a little rake if you tow. Might want to look at how many inches the leveling kit you have is.



Towed my Ranger with my dads F150 from Tampa and got 9mpg according to the readout on the dash. But he has 3.73's and 33's.
The 2.5 and 2" work for all models. A lot of people use the autospring 2", but some do the 2.5" and AAL in the rear, fits those 305/65R18's I so dearly love.

9mpg...OUCH, I get 11mpg in my ranger towing 3k#...and it's a 3.0
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-23-2008
bucky919's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
BTW the color is called Dark Stone Clear Coat
Thanks for the clarification, im going to go look at one Tomorrow hopefully, that is the same color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
Thanks Ricky, I will let you know but I dont plan on trailering the ranger for a few months. My trailer needs some TLC before I load it back up.

This truck is rated to tow 9500lbs my truck is 5000lbs. So I really dont think it will have an issue at all. Also the fuel price difference no way I want to pay that extra for diesel when I really dont need it.
We put 16,000lbs(trailer weight included) behind my grandpa's today, yes I have the scale receipt to prove it. Drove about 50mph or so and pulled it 45 miles. So the ranger should be no problem lol.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-23-2008
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Looks much, much better. I love this pic.:


I look forward to seeing a picture of the 150 towing your beast of a Ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-23-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
the ranger needs washed bad.

thanks for the comments guys, i really like the new wheels on.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-23-2008
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Looks awesome man new wheels look a lot better!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-23-2008
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Off topic, what kind of mileage does your ranger get now with its current setup?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-23-2008
mazda98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: dalton,ga.
Posts: 550
nice looking truck zach,i like the color,that thing is oh so clean,i think the new wheels make the truck
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-23-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
LOL nice to see you did what i said! lol...

good trade IMO looks 40000X better now sell the steelies for some $$$ lol...


I agree with you Beard DO NOT touch the suspension just leave it... leveling kits on those trucks and trailering is the dumbest thing ever.. when its loaded the front end is higher then the rear.. and we all know thats bad news...

just drive it and enjoy.. i would say tint the windows in the front and done...

when the tires wear out do one step up in size and call it good
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew, leveled/geared/locked 35s (Oregon) brianjwilson Miscellaneous Items 63 07-02-2012 12:19 AM
F150 Supercrew Flex Pics, on 26" Rims!!! FoMoCoFiddy Snapshots 16 10-10-2009 04:34 PM
Would 2002 F150 SuperCrew Leafs fit our Trucks??? Fx4wannabe01 Suspension Tech 71 04-15-2009 10:15 PM
My 2005 F150 SuperCrew bucky919 Snapshots 27 11-28-2008 08:03 PM
SuperCrew F150 Dromlace Snapshots 22 11-08-2008 12:11 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.