L1224R nuff said - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 09-22-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm757 View Post
Hey Jp7 on the civic site its got pics of your ranger. Are the grill lights led strips?? Also what are you using in the reverse lights?
I have 60 LED plugin reverse lights. I used an oznium strip under my grille. I don't want to steal STL's thread there are lots of LED threads by me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-06-2009
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0RangerEdge2 View Post
Already ordered mine! I can't decide on how I want to make mine work, whether to use this method or epoxy the part to the back of the taillight housing.




They do I just don't know how to get them. Jp7, I found a link on civicforums about these...do you have any info on the amber ones?


I Emailed Sylvania About white and amber L1224 Joule LEDs and this is the reply i got back

--------

Benjamin, thank you for your inquiry. The amber LED products for turn are in their infancy and not able to create enough light at this stage to make a legal turn in the current JOULE LED product family.

Over time we'll publish more information at www.sylvania.com/automotive so please stay tuned. We do not manufacture amber or white in the L1224 series at this time.

Regards,
Customer Service
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-06-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm757 View Post
I Emailed Sylvania About white and amber L1224 Joule LEDs and this is the reply i got back

--------

Benjamin, thank you for your inquiry. The amber LED products for turn are in their infancy and not able to create enough light at this stage to make a legal turn in the current JOULE LED product family.

Over time we'll publish more information at www.sylvania.com/automotive so please stay tuned. We do not manufacture amber or white in the L1224 series at this time.

Regards,
Customer Service
If you want, I can pull my 2.3 (with stock bulbs) and do a photoshoot against my 3.0 (with VLED 60 LED 3157 plugins)

I'm reasonably happy with the VLEDs for the front.

If you want better results you can always open your headlights and make a forward facing array with large 10mm LEDs, say from oznium.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-06-2009
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
If you wouldnt mind that would be great. Thanks in advance... I cant seem to find the ep27 flasher anywhere. Autozone has an ef27 electronic flasher. do you know if that might work.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-06-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm757 View Post
If you wouldnt mind that would be great. Thanks in advance... I cant seem to find the ep27 flasher anywhere. Autozone has an ef27 electronic flasher. do you know if that might work.
buy this:

5 PIN ELECTRONIC LED FLASHER BLINKER FIX W/CLICK SOUND
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-06-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
oh yeah.... also, bump bump, for anyone who wants to buy a set of these LEDs...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-20-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
did the flasher trick work?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-20-2009
0RangerEdge2's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,593
I bought the EP27 from Autozone a while back when I got my cheapo 63 LED eBay specials. Worked great with those. I also have 24 LED turnsignals and just installed my L1224R's. Still works perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-20-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Yeah I got mine from Autozone as well
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-20-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0RangerEdge2 View Post
I bought the EP27 from Autozone a while back when I got my cheapo 63 LED eBay specials. Worked great with those. I also have 24 LED turnsignals and just installed my L1224R's. Still works perfect.
I sold you L1224R's?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L1224R tails are in 06+ housing crucialcolin Snapshots 17 11-16-2011 09:38 PM
L1224R LED and Niteshade '06+ tails 82racin Exterior Semi-Tech 51 01-02-2009 11:58 PM
L1224R LED modded '06+ tails!!! (56k no, 28 pics...) Fx4wannabe01 General Technical & Electrical 78 12-24-2008 02:13 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.