8" Rear Lift - Question - Your thoughts pls - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-17-2007
Du510's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northeast
Posts: 229
8" Rear Lift - Question - Your thoughts pls

Not plastic surgery here...




So my intention was to go with 6" in the rear... but in my current predicament, it would be easier to go with 8".

I am thinking of the following possible problems:

- I have the stock rear brake dropline. I am changing it in the near future, and I'd stay onroad till I do.

- I have a 2pc DS. However I have the 1pc ready to go in, I just can't get to it yet.

Can you guys think of any possible issues? And do you think the above-mentioned issues are enough to put in the extra work to reduce my lift to 6"??

Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-17-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
first off, you will only be lifting the rear 6" with what you are planning to do.....leaving the blocks out will give you 4" of lit....

besides the fact that it would really look bad with the rear lifted 2" higher in the rear?

you will need to get to that driveshaft sooner than later......and brake lines would need to be extended even for a street driven truck......
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2007
Du510's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northeast
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
first off, you will only be lifting the rear 6" with what you are planning to do.....leaving the blocks out will give you 4" of lit....

besides the fact that it would really look bad with the rear lifted 2" higher in the rear?

you will need to get to that driveshaft sooner than later......and brake lines would need to be extended even for a street driven truck......
Glad to see I am not the only one awake.

For the rear:
- SJ 6" springs
- Stock blocks
- Drop shackles

I know they would both need to be done, and ASAP... but are they enough to stop me from driving on it, till say the day after Thanksgiving?

I'm now thinking it may be best just to run with the stock shackles and the blocks, to bring it down to 6", even though its about an extra hour of work. Then when I can get to a spring shop Ill get the new Ubolts, and take out the stock block/add the drop shackles.

As always, thanks for the response.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
what lift are you running in the front? unless you are running the Skyjacker 8" lift coils up front, you don't want anymore than the 6" Skyjacker leafs with no blocks....IMO with the rear end up the extra 2" above the front, it won't look good...

and if you are running a 6" front lift now, with the 6" Skyjacker leafs, stock blocks, and the Chevy drop shackles, you are looking at 4" above what the front is sitting.....<--for that combo, you would need to have 10" lift springs in the front, and no one makes them nor the 10" drop brackets for the TTB Ranger....

IMO the truck looks better level......
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2007
Du510's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northeast
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
what lift are you running in the front? unless you are running the Skyjacker 8" lift coils up front, you don't want anymore than the 6" Skyjacker leafs with no blocks....IMO with the rear end up the extra 2" above the front, it won't look good...

and if you are running a 6" front lift now, with the 6" Skyjacker leafs, stock blocks, and the Chevy drop shackles, you are looking at 4" above what the front is sitting.....<--for that combo, you would need to have 10" lift springs in the front, and no one makes them nor the 10" drop brackets for the TTB Ranger....

IMO the truck looks better level......
Well the SJ 6" leafs are 6" only when coupled with stock blocks. My goal was to run the 6" springs without stock blocks (giving me about 4"), plus the drop shackles (to bring me 6"). But I am having this ubolt issue, so running without blocks is not really an option (right now, at least).

In front, I am running SJ 6" springs (giving me about 5"), then 2" poly spacers (giving me about 1.5") so about 7" in total. Oh, with 6" SJ drop brackets.

I've always been of the idea "go big or go home" but I think tomorrow, I am going to have to be happy with going back to stock shackles!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2007
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
I agree with Maurice, whatever you do make sure its level.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2007
Du510's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northeast
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge
I agree with Maurice, whatever you do make sure its level.

Definitely
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
ok well if you are running the 6" springs + spacers, then you shoudl be fine with blocks or shackles.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quarterback my Lift PLS!! 2011_Blackout Suspension Tech 5 09-23-2011 01:11 AM
Readylift 2.25" Torsion key lift. Thoughts? Comments? Jwad00 Suspension Tech 17 06-24-2010 04:33 PM
Quick Question PLS look 04_xlt_4.0_4x4 Interior Semi-Tech 13 12-12-2009 01:36 PM
Quick question.. PLS HELP 04_xlt_4.0_4x4 Interior Semi-Tech 3 08-11-2009 10:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.