Found my Love!!! - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-28-2007
94greenmachine's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 553
Found my Love!!!

So, driving on base today, I made a SHARP turn into the Mc D's parking lot. I saw my truck, well, my truck's beastly twin! So, I find that this is the EXACT SAME as mine! 4cyl., 2WD, only difference is his is a stick and mine is a auto. Ryan, owner of said beast, was telling me that he researched everything extensively before buying and installing. Well, I was thinking of doing the ProComp 4" my self, however, after seeing how good his truck looked (pics soon to come as they are on my phone) I am now wanting the Skyjacker 236R2KS-A, as seen here. I was wondering if anyone else can attest to the ability of this kit and how good it runs. Ryan seems very knowledgeable and is going to get me a part list of everything he did. I swear, by looking at his truck, it was what I have wanted mine to be the entire time. He is running 4.56 in the rear on the stock 7.5 axle and 35x12.5 BFG A/T's. It's a sweet ride that compares to none. He even said he is averaging 270 miles a tank which is about on par. I only have 163K on the Odo and it is comforting to see the same year/options running at 223k. That Definitely relieves some worries there.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2007
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
the skyjacker is a good lift i have it on my 92 ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2007
AirborneJordan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rittman, Ohio
Posts: 217
Well I guess I should put in my 2 cents.... I have skyjacker 4" Lift springs on my 99XLT, and I must say I love them! They are much "tuffer" then the stock ones.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2007
phat_95_ranger_xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mexia texas
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94greenmachine
So, I find that this is the EXACT SAME as mine! 4cyl., 2WD, only difference is his is a stick and mine is a auto. Ryan, owner of said beast, was telling me that he researched everything extensively before buying and installing. Well, I was thinking of doing the ProComp 4" my self, however, after seeing how good his truck looked (pics soon to come as they are on my phone) I am now wanting the Skyjacker 236R2KS-A, as seen here. I was wondering if anyone else can attest to the ability of this kit and how good it runs. Ryan seems very knowledgeable and is going to get me a part list of everything he did. I swear, by looking at his truck, it was what I have wanted mine to be the entire time. He is running 4.56 in the rear on the stock 7.5 axle and 35x12.5 BFG A/T's. It's a sweet ride that compares to none. He even said he is averaging 270 miles a tank which is about on par. I only have 163K on the Odo and it is comforting to see the same year/options running at 223k. That Definitely relieves some worries there.
.
.
so hows is he running 35 with out messing up his axle or rear end.. ( i know he got a different gears) i thout that the 7.5 axle could not take the stress of 35?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_95_ranger_xlt
.
.
so hows is he running 35 with out messing up his axle or rear end.. ( i know he got a different gears) i thout that the 7.5 axle could not take the stress of 35?

its a 2.3L that should be enough right there, it will probably still break over time but rear axles are a dime a dozen.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2007
94greenmachine's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 553
I know this is the suspension forum, but would you recommend me stepping up to the 8.8 rear. I can acquire one for 200 out of a mid 90's explorer, which also gets me disc brakes in the rear. I figure 4.56 gears would turn 35's, and 4.10 would turn 33's. I know my axle code is 86 (Open 7.5, 3.73 ratio). Anyways, any and all suggestions are accepted here! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2007
phat_95_ranger_xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mexia texas
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94greenmachine
I know this is the suspension forum, but would you recommend me stepping up to the 8.8 rear. I can acquire one for 200 out of a mid 90's explorer, which also gets me disc brakes in the rear. I figure 4.56 gears would turn 35's, and 4.10 would turn 33's. I know my axle code is 86 (Open 7.5, 3.73 ratio). Anyways, any and all suggestions are accepted here! Thanks!
hey bud.. how long have u had the 35's with the 4.53 gear and did u ever run the 3.73 gears with the 35's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2007
94greenmachine's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 553
haven't aquired them yet, and I wouldn't think of running 35's on a 3.73... the gas mileage would suck and so would the acceleration.

All the specs I have talked about in this thread have come from a dude's truck that i met yesterday. It is basically everything that I wanted to do to mine. just thought I would clarify that there.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-30-2007
phat_95_ranger_xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mexia texas
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94greenmachine
haven't aquired them yet, and I wouldn't think of running 35's on a 3.73... the gas mileage would suck and so would the acceleration.

All the specs I have talked about in this thread have come from a dude's truck that i met yesterday. It is basically everything that I wanted to do to mine. just thought I would clarify that there.
..
.
. o ok my bad. i didnt read that close i was ..lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2007
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
Please don't start sentences with "so" or "well". I would also recommend separating your paragraphs with more than a tap of the space bar.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2007
94greenmachine's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARPE
Please don't start sentences with "so" or "well". I would also recommend separating your paragraphs with more than a tap of the space bar.
LoL, thanks for the info, but English class ended 10 years ago for me. Thanks though
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2007
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
I will accept that, just as long as your not one of those zealots running around ranting how foreigners should speak English if they are going to live here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-30-2007
94greenmachine's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 553
Nah.... free country. I serve my country to give everyone that right. I am all for that. I believe that at some point you should learn the native language of the country you are in, but I don't consider this a must do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looky looky what i found. Im in love. Taylor General Ford Ranger Discussion 54 05-21-2010 09:20 PM
I love junk yards see eath i found rangeroso Suspension Tech 14 10-24-2009 03:37 PM
Found my new speakers.. I'm in love! Strider0O0 Audio & Video Tech 4 06-25-2007 05:48 PM
My Guages..for those who love em..lol INT3RC3PTOR Interior Semi-Tech 45 08-19-2005 12:17 AM
I love air conditioning!!!!! Redneckstone General Ford Ranger Discussion 27 07-05-2005 10:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.