Sas - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
your opinion is like an *** hole.....everybody has 1.......

i personally belive that a Dana 60 IS stronger than a 14 bolt.......

there is also a semi-float version of the 14 bolt that is more readily available than the full float 14 bolt.....

you can get Dana 60's that are full floaters......if it comes out of a F-350, it is a full floater.....in the '70s and '80s they put the Dana 60 in the rear of the 350......
That is not my opinion that is proven fact. The Weight rating of the 14bolt is greater then that of the d60. A 14bolt is a 1.25 ton axle along the lines of a dana 70 and 80. The semi float and FF 14bolt are just as common, ever 3/4 and 1 ton chevy since the 70's has had a FF 14 bolt (they still use the 14bolt in their 3/4 and 1ton trucks). The 60 has a smaller ring gear (9.75"), Smaller shafts 30 spline 1.3" shafts (smaller then explorer 8.8), no 3rd pinion bearing so gear deflection is greater. Im sorry but your opinion is wrong.
  #27  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
your opinion is like an *** hole.....everybody has 1.......

i personally belive that a Dana 60 IS stronger than a 14 bolt.......

there is also a semi-float version of the 14 bolt that is more readily available than the full float 14 bolt.....

you can get Dana 60's that are full floaters......if it comes out of a F-350, it is a full floater.....in the '70s and '80s they put the Dana 60 in the rear of the 350......
All dana 60s are FF, except the rare 35 spline semifloat. (read rare as practically impossible to find)
  #28  
Old 04-18-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
Im sorry but your opinion is wrong.
well i am sorry but your opinion is wrong......see were i am going with this

like i said before, opinions are like *** holes, everybody has 1...........
  #29  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
well i am sorry but your opinion is wrong......see were i am going with this

like i said before, opinions are like *** holes, everybody has 1...........
That your opinion is based on nothing and that mine is based on facts?

How can you compare the two side by side and really believe that the D60 is stronger?
  #30  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
-------------------14 bolt-----------D60
Ring gear ----------10.5"------------9.75"
Shaft size ----------1.5"-------------1.3"
2 peice carrier------yes --------------no
3rd pinion bearing---yes---------------no
lug pattern 8x6.5"--yes---------------yes
Load Rating-------6,900lbs----------4,500lbs


Thats great that you have an opinion but please base it on realistic facts, not my brothers girlfriends mothers dog builds axles and says the D60 is stronger.

Last edited by redranger4.0; 04-18-2007 at 02:38 PM.
  #31  
Old 04-18-2007
Marcaronio's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
well i am sorry but your opinion is wrong......see were i am going with this

like i said before, opinions are like *** holes, everybody has 1...........
I'm not saying who is right or wrong because I honestly don't know, however, redranger4.0 has stated that he is providing facts and not an opinion and therefore it is very much unlike an *** hole.

For example you could be having this argument over your opinion that the the earth is flat and redranger4.0 is saying that it is round. You can play the opinion game all day long but the fact still remains that the earth is round and you are an idiot.

Please don't take offence, it is just an example of the situation intended to end the argument.
  #32  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcaronio
You can play the opinion game all day long but the fact still remains that the earth is round and you are an idiot.
Sig worthy
  #33  
Old 04-18-2007
Marcaronio's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
Sig worthy
I am honored.
  #34  
Old 04-18-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Ryan you need to understand the terminology before you try to do this. You are getting names of parts and types of suspensions all mixed up. I'm not trying to be mean but its alot of work and I dont want you to regret what you do later on.
  #35  
Old 04-18-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcaronio
I'm not saying who is right or wrong because I honestly don't know, however, redranger4.0 has stated that he is providing facts and not an opinion and therefore it is very much unlike an *** hole.

For example you could be having this argument over your opinion that the the earth is flat and redranger4.0 is saying that it is round. You can play the opinion game all day long but the fact still remains that the earth is round and you are an idiot.

Please don't take offence, it is just an example of the situation intended to end the argument.
Dana 60's are used A LOT more than the 14 bolt ever thought about being used......

a dana 60 is a more practicle swap into any ford. I am 100% against cross branding......

and just an FYI for you, you need to watch out what you say to other members, there has been bannings for less than that here lately.....
  #36  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
a dana 60 is a more practicle swap into any ford. I am 100% against cross branding......
Stop trying to justify why you were wrong, just man up and admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
Dana 60's are used A LOT more than the 14 bolt ever thought about being used......
Yet another comment you have no idea about. Go over to Pirate4x4 which has 90,000 members im sure you will find they are used about the same amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
and just an FYI for you, you need to watch out what you say to other members, there has been bannings for less than that here lately.....
un twist your panties....
  #37  
Old 04-18-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
Stop trying to justify why you were wrong, just man up and admit it.


Yet another comment you have no idea about. Go over to Pirate4x4 which has 90,000 members im sure you will find they are used about the same amount.


un twist your panties....
FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME.......IT IS MY GOD DAMN OPINION, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO **** YOURSELF

i think the Dana 60 is stronger than the 14 bolt, who gives a ****in rats ***.....if you don't like it, o well.......

if you like it so much on Pirate 4x4, why dont you stay over there......**** off retard...
  #38  
Old 04-18-2007
Marcaronio's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
and just an FYI for you, you need to watch out what you say to other members, there has been bannings for less than that here lately.....
hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
excuse the fuc* out of me.......i didn't see it when reading through the pages......kiss my ***.......
EDIT: had to add this one too, it is just too perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME.......IT IS MY GOD DAMN OPINION, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO **** YOURSELF if you like it so much on Pirate 4x4, why dont you stay over there......**** off retard...
I'll use a response I've said to you before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaronio
Pot: "Hey Kettle!"
Kettle: "Yah, Pot?"
Pot: "You are black."
  #39  
Old 04-18-2007
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
and closed
  #40  
Old 04-18-2007
Trevelyn1015's Avatar
Still El Presidente...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
just an FYI for you, you need to watch out what you say to other members, there has been bannings for less than that here lately.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME.......IT IS MY GOD DAMN OPINION, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO **** YOURSELF

i think the Dana 60 is stronger than the 14 bolt, who gives a ****in rats ***.....if you don't like it, o well.......

if you like it so much on Pirate 4x4, why dont you stay over there......**** off retard...
how ironic. 5 day ban. for "go **** yourself" and "why don't you stay over there... **** off retard"

you guys really wanna keep testing the banning ability we have over here? i'm not joking when i say i'm going to clean this site back up to how it used to be. if i have to ban every single person with an attitude problem that doesn't know how to play well with others - i will.


Quote:
2. Swearing - www.M-W.com You can go there to look at a thesaurus or dictionary. There are many words on that site that are better than profanity. This will affect the way people perceive you and broaden your vocabulary. Some profanity is understandable. That is just how some people are, and for other people it just slips. Racist remarks are something different. None will be tolerated. Racist remarks are grounds for removal. The word censor is activated, so don't expect to see your profanity in raw form...
Quote:
4. Bullying or Inciting Problems - Most of us here are grown up enough to get on nicely with each other, but some like to make life difficult for others. This could be in the shape of prejudice, flaming, or targeting a specific user or social group. We will not tolerate this. If some/many members are offended by your behavior, posting, etc, the administration of Ranger-Forums may take whatever action they deem necessary to resolve the issue.

If you can't be polite, refrain from replying. You don't have to lie to people and tell them nice things to feel better. You can tell the truth. You don't have to like everything and you can tell people when you don't like something, but do it politely. This just comes down to manners and reflects on your character.

Threats will not be tolerated. If you threaten another member in anyway, public or private, expect repercussions. Public bashing of other members is not acceptable. Expect FEW warnings on either. (admins determine when this rule is broken. not members)
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SAS V8 Ranger on Craigslist korey89 General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 10-26-2008 04:34 PM
SAS vs. TTB HarryTasker Suspension Tech 28 08-20-2005 11:16 PM
SAS for t-bars optikal illushun Suspension Tech 22 03-02-2005 08:56 PM
SAS in a few months loneFX4 Suspension Tech 59 03-02-2005 03:57 PM
SAS: affordable? loneFX4 General Technical & Electrical 22 01-31-2005 10:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.