Fitment Concern - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 12-02-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrebel125
hey zach this is for you. 35x16x15 boggers on 15x10 wheels. with just the 3 in body lift.
i dont care who you are thats just F-ing hot right there!!! i love flare sides and huge tires....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-02-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrebel125

now im liking that..and guess what..ive got stepside..and ive got 3" AND ive got 15x10s..lol..i smell a time for new rubber
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-02-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
Man i wish i didnt have flares
bill u could have fit them. 35 on the body lift.



i got a buddy whos got the same truck as yours with 35's and a 3 body. ill get some pics of it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-02-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII
now im liking that..and guess what..ive got stepside..and ive got 3" AND ive got 15x10s..lol..i smell a time for new rubber
hahahaaa
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-02-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrebel125
bill u could have fit them. 35 on the body lift.



i got a buddy whos got the same truck as yours with 35's and a 3 body. ill get some pics of it.
Man thats too close for me, the way i drive it on the street i would tear stuff up.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-02-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrebel125
heres mine with the 4 superlift and 3 body. 38.5x15 boggers on 15x10 wheels. no rubbing.





hey zach this is for you. 35x16x15 boggers on 15x10 wheels. with just the 3 in body lift.

looks good man, i know i could fit 37s right now but idk about 38s...
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-02-2006
gumby's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: indy
Posts: 1,581
well, since we are sooooo far off topic

i guess ill weigh in here on the mazda fenders which are on my truck, from brenton, that bill helped install and maurice saw in person while we did his gears.....

rough measurements and comparison of the fit in relation to the other body panels(hood, doors, lights) which were not adjusted at all show about a 1/2" bulge at the top of the tire, no rise. the flares are different, so if you are comparing two fenders with flares, you gotta take em off first. the mazda flare is quite a bit thinner, when i put the ranger flares on the mazda fenders, i gained close to a full inch of width in relation to the tire over the stock ranger fenders/flares.

now i will say, this has very little to do with tire fitment overall. the difference is only over the tire, not in front or behind the tire where most fitment issues happen anyhow. its only a looks thing, unless youre really stuffin a front tire!

this is the straightest head on shot i have of the truck. unfortunatley i dont have a before, but the flare was almost dead even with the outter most part of the tire before
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-02-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
runnin 37s on high would that be smart runnin it on the IFS?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-02-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII
runnin 37s on high would that be smart runnin it on the IFS?
what on high on what. you would need a super lift thats for sure, it really isnt smart you will start braking crap but thats what the name of the game is
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-02-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
what on high on what. you would need a super lift thats for sure, it really isnt smart you will start braking crap but thats what the name of the game is

lol slurred my words there..lol

i dont think anybody would want to go 37s OR higher with IFS..yea you would need the superlift and stuff..but for the money you could put in a SFA longer install time and run bigger thats the way im goin about it (:
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-02-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII
lol slurred my words there..lol

i dont think anybody would want to go 37s OR higher with IFS..yea you would need the superlift and stuff..but for the money you could put in a SFA longer install time and run bigger thats the way im goin about it (:
yea you start breaking stuff and stuff wears much faster
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-02-2006
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
i think you should go with the 37's and look at ryans truck no rubbing on 35's with only a body!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o and daytonabeachranger truck looks bad *** so all of you who say it looks like crap you can yourself
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-02-2006
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
ive got some 37s, im gonna run them on my truck, with only a bodylift and coil spacers.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-02-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger
i think you should go with the 37's and look at ryans truck no rubbing on 35's with only a body!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o and daytonabeachranger truck looks bad *** so all of you who say it looks like crap you can yourself
hahahaaaaa
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-03-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
haha, I still want 37" ssr's...really badly!

We'll see, maybe I'll just buy em...



Hey ryan, I'll be up at ocala on jan 8th, and you know i told you i'm off the 23rd to the 30th...anytime in there i'm game. I'm up for some partying and offroading


And damn boy, do you make me want boggers...





Anyways, pretty much chris's truck (your bro chris, not chris on rf) is in proporrtion to mine w/ 37's, he fits 35's no rub with just a body/tbar crank (well keys) so I should fit 37's.

If not, hacksaw time baby...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-03-2006
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
man you guys have fun with your 35+ tires, its just not a good daily, but thats me, and ryan, your truck looked f in sweet as hell with the 38's, i havent seen a pic of it like that in a long while but wow that looked nice.....
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-03-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp1ik99
man you guys have fun with your 35+ tires, its just not a good daily, but thats me, and ryan, your truck looked f in sweet as hell with the 38's, i havent seen a pic of it like that in a long while but wow that looked nice.....
you also have a 3.0L people with 4.0L's it isnt that bad at all hell bills was nicer to drive then my silver truck...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-03-2006
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
ya i forget about that, damn my 3.0.......
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-03-2006
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
damn i got a 3.0(241,234mi) and it still runs like a champ sure it burns alittle oil but that engine with my 4.56s and 32's is the ****. all i am saying is dont underetimate the 3litre even though it is slow it still has the power
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-03-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger
damn i got a 3.0(241,234mi) and it still runs like a champ sure it burns alittle oil but that engine with my 4.56s and 32's is the ****. all i am saying is dont underetimate the 3litre even though it is slow it still has the power
i didnt say it was a bad motor it just doesnt have ***** that the 4.0L does thats all.... 3.0L will run forever cause of how they are designed....
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-03-2006
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
ya i cant complain about my 3.0 at all, even though its underpowered it did turn the 35's really well.......

anyway, back on topic, whats the decision??????
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-03-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp1ik99
ya i cant complain about my 3.0 at all, even though its underpowered it did turn the 35's really well.......

anyway, back on topic, whats the decision??????
Right now, 37" SSR's. If they rub, I'm cracking out the hacksaw


I know exactly where they will rub, I'm just going to have to snip off a little bit of my fender flare (or push it back). It will be tight...


Also one thing I have to consider is that I'm rebuilding my whole front end (all ball joints, tie rods, tbars, shocks), so I should gain another .5-1" b/c my Tbars and shocks are destroyed right now. I think my tbars are at stock height and they are cranked all the way
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-03-2006
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
get the heavy load t-bars too, the ones from explorers, that will help with sagging down the road, i want to do that too but im scared to change them bastards out.....
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-03-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp1ik99
get the heavy load t-bars too, the ones from explorers, that will help with sagging down the road, i want to do that too but im scared to change them bastards out.....
Oh yes, I'm getting F1 bars (or maybe it's just F, I cant remember)...but anyways, I heard they were easy???
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-03-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
Oh yes, I'm getting F1 bars (or maybe it's just F, I cant remember)...but anyways, I heard they were easy???
they are. im a pro.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transmission concern rangerstepside 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 0 09-15-2012 11:46 PM
Wheel Rubbing on Caliper concern/ Help me decide! Romaswake Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 11 07-08-2012 05:53 PM
Painting interior....any concern of rubbage? Fx4wannabe01 Interior Semi-Tech 8 12-13-2005 11:28 PM
Camper Towing concern! a311fanam General Ford Ranger Discussion 19 10-17-2005 05:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.