New Tires - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 09-01-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
This is true Dave. I didnt think about the entire rebuild of your truck lol.

So when do you plan on getting them? If you get them.
Next couple of weeks. I set the money asside for tires.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-01-2011
MothMan999's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZrealisation View Post
As some1 who Worked for Discount Tire for 2 years and currently working my way up in the auto industry, I would advise you not to buy those tires. Goodyear Tires are very crappy, they wear down horribly and are unreliable tires. I know this from experience and so does every1 else who works at discount. Discount sells them but the techs are the 1z who know how reliable the Tires Are. If your going to go for a good beefy Tire or any tire, Michelin and BFG's are the best way to go. Nittos are good to but the ride will be rough.
Yeah i have also had really good luck with goodyears and would recomend them to any one in a heart beat. my duratracs were excellent tires. The authorities are good my friends dad had them on his duramax and they were good and he liked them.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-01-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
i dnt no if w0rking @ discount tir3 cnts as working ur way ^ n the auto industry
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-01-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
unless it's the wrangler rt/s...
My dads '06 and '08 Ram had them on it. first set we're a dream on the 08 we had to go thru two sets till the vibration went away. so i'd say its 50/50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
i dnt no if w0rking @ discount tir3 cnts as working ur way ^ n the auto industry
It doesn't. I went to UTI's 2 year program and i still only scratched the surface of the auto industry and that was being a Mechanic at a dealership. Besides, you don't want to get into this industry. I'm only in it to make money while i go to school to get out of this industry.
I could write paragraphs on how bad the auto industry is.

Last edited by StxDangerRanger; 09-01-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-01-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
i dnt no if w0rking @ discount tir3 cnts as working ur way ^ n the auto industry
i dnt no p30p3 sti!! tawk lyke th!s. rofl

I personally find it a lot easier to type properly. Typing with scrambled text is a lot more difficult than proper text.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-01-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
i dnt no p30p3 sti!! tawk lyke th!s. rofl

I personally find it a lot easier to type properly. Typing with scrambled text is a lot more difficult than proper text.
haha i agree i typed it and went back and changed it.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-01-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Wow that crap is hard to read.

I would try those tires out for that price.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-01-2011
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZrealisation View Post
@zabeard

Who am I to really say.?. I have seen goodyears from brand new to end and every cycle they have been through. 2yrs of it. Also note that every1 at 2 Discount Tire that I have talked and worked with (from people who have been in the business for 1yr to 30yrs) will tell you goodyears are some of the worst tires you can own, (also note some made in China.) If you have had good with them then I am glad that it was made worth your money, but the facts point toward the majority of goodyears are unreliable. Nittos are most often rugged tires and don't provide the smoothest ride quality but are a good quality tire. Often because they are usually so heavy they normally need to be static balanced as opposed to the regular balance. That and people do complain of the ride at times.


@98liftedranger

don't really care for a bashing contest, yes I may not fully spell words out just to shortcut, but what do you expect from every1 or as you would prefer everyone.? Am I in obligation to say laugh out loud as opposed to lol? Does everyone here fully spell out every single word they post? I don't think so.


Every1 seems to want to bash the guy who says something negative, but the thread was asking if he should get these tires or not. basically asking ever1z opinion. Is every1 in obligation to say the same thing? If he wants to get the tires then that is gr8, if he doesn't then thats ok to. just a harmless post about what I have known that's all.
It seriously doesn't take much effort to spell out a word completely, you're worse than a young kid on an instant messenger.


Nobody is bashing you, they're just disagreeing with what you've said. I currently have a set of goodyear assurance triple-tread tires with 45k miles on them on my car and they still ride great, all evenly worn. As stated previously, people bash on a tire because they're morons and expect to have them last a long time without proper maintenance such as balancing, rotating, and alignment.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-02-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
It seriously doesn't take much effort to spell out a word completely, you're worse than a young kid on an instant messenger.


Nobody is bashing you, they're just disagreeing with what you've said. I currently have a set of goodyear assurance triple-tread tires with 45k miles on them on my car and they still ride great, all evenly worn. As stated previously, people bash on a tire because they're morons and expect to have them last a long time without proper maintenance such as balancing, rotating, and alignment.
Exactly. My Grabbers have 50k on them. rotated poorly like twice, SHOT front end makes wear even worse but hell, i still have 10k left on them so i can sell them cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-02-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
This thread took a turn for the worse in the hours I was at work. lol
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-02-2011
silverfox's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taft, Ca
Posts: 1,040
Who the hell did you talk to at goodyear to compair them to MTR's they are closer to a duratrac.

I have a set rotated every 3k miles still at like 13/32 after 17K they are good tires but i will not buy them again.Every little pebble in the road gets stuck in them and will not come out till you are doing 70 MPH plus or you pry them out with a screwdriver.FYI They are made by goodyear specifically for walmart meaning your local goodyear dealership can not get them.

I havent read this whole thing threw so if i missed
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-02-2011
XYZrealisation's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: America, Texas
Posts: 93
Well then I guess everyONE at discount tire who spends there days working on tires and wheels are just stupid morons that don't know what the hell they are talking about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
i dnt no p30p3 sti!! tawk lyke th!s. rofl

I personally find it a lot easier to type properly. Typing with scrambled text is a lot more difficult than proper text.
Laugh Out Loud, a bit of an exaggeration there man. You spelled Rolling On The Floor Laughing wrong.


@StxDangerRanger

Discount Does count. I was told at first that it didn't, but now that I am going through the Ford ASSET program, my instructors have told me otherwise.


@99offroadrngr

You really have that much of a problem with someone saying every1 or some1 rather than everyone and someone? didn't know you bro's took it that much to heart. People do it all the time and I'm sure you do it to. Some are disagreeing with my statements and that is fine, some are going strait for the ad hominem argument saying because you didn't spell a word out therefore your argument is invalid.

@98liftedranger

And yes this thread did take a turn for the worst. Never wanted it to, I was just disagreeing about getting goodyears or not and EVERYONE puts a fit out about spelling everyone as opposed to every1.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-02-2011
vista4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Posts: 2,824
So what we are saying is Goodyear sucks because they "wear down horribly and are unreliable tires". What makes them so unreliable? Wearing down horribly has alot more factors, how are they wearing? They just wearing quick or what? I had a set of nittos that only lasted 20k so that means they suck right? Give me some answers man. Instead give some example or a better reason for us guys that dont work on tires every day. I personally have had a couple sets of goodyears and they were decent no complaints really. However I didnt like the rt/s though but the wear on them was great.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-02-2011
Vonhanson's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glencoe, Minnesota
Posts: 1,609
@XYZrealisation

Obviously any retard can get a job at discount tire.

also, you said something about writing laughing out loud out, why wouldn't someone just right haha then? god you have no common sense.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-02-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
If you want to work in the auto industry, go for it. but unless your a skilled tradesmen your gonna have a hard time working somewhere else than a tire store. i know guys who did the exact same thing as you and they're still looking for a job after they graduated years ago.
The jobs are out there, but there are a ton of mechanics with lots more experience floating around than you.
as for me, i became a skilled tradesmen (welding) and thats how i got my foot in the door at the ford dealership (where i made crappy pay, with no benefits) now that i'm working for a skilled trade company, I'm making better pay, with some benefits, but i see people come and go from this place in a matter or months.
The auto industry isn't what its cracked up to be. theres no money in it, finding a job sucks if you have no experience and people get laid off if some executive farts the wrong way.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-02-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
oh god i think im gonna throw up
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-02-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

I agree working at a dealer sucks. Banging out cars all day long does suck and no benefits but it was orginally a intern and turner into a part time job. Now going to tasca ill be using my degree so I'm happy about that.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-02-2011
XYZrealisation's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: America, Texas
Posts: 93
@vista4.0

Goodyears often wear down incorrectly (primarily on the edges and not just because of low air pressure) and from many people who have owned goodyears (not just customers but people who have worked at discount for many years) that they are not a very dependable tire. Also when it come to get the tires rotated and balanced, many times the tires will balance out horribly with jumps in the tire as well as needing excessive weight therefore needing to be static balanced. There are other reasons but I don't think I will get through to anyone here so ya. Like I said before if you have had good experiences with goodyears, then I am glad it was worth your time and money and if you think you should get some more goodyears then get goodyears, no one is going to stop you. About the Nittos, they can range from racing tires to all terrain tires. BFG all terrain average no more than 30k on them because they are made softer than your normal tire so they can flex to the terrain. Nittos are similar but they are the most likely to be put on big pimped out trucks and therefore take more stress than your normal tire.

@Vonhanson

Dude, like I said before I don't want to be apart of a stupid internet bashing contest. A good portion of the population could get a job a Discount tire, true, after all I didn't know very much when I first came in, but after working all day for six days a week, it began to catch on and I continued to learn. They primarily like to hire people with a military background, but that wasn't the only reason I got in. Exactly why wouldn't you just say haha? But many people put laugh out loud (lol) instead, why don't you create a bashing thread about people who say lol if your so determined and have so much more common sense than everyone else.

@StxDangerRanger

Actually the guys at the dealership (people who have been in the business for 20-30yrs) said veteran mechanics are becoming more rare by the year. Primarily due to the fact that warranty work doesn't pay very well and they said that they have seen no more than 3 people retire from this business. I am currently working at a Ford dealership as an ASSET student. I do understand what you mean, it is a pain in the *** kinda job, but hey its a mans job and this will due for the time being.

@everyone

Guys I didn't mean to anger the goodyear supporters, alright. All I was doing was giving a different opinion and then all people can do when a different opinion comes about, is to bitch about it. If it bothers you just ignore what I said and move on, all I want to do is go on forums, participate, and learn thats all. Just forget about it. And life moves on.

Last edited by XYZrealisation; 09-02-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-02-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Its a losing battle with you. lol

BFG A/T's will last 100,000 miles. My buddy's explorer had them on and he was the one that had 100,000 on them. And a google search proves that they last longer then 30,000 miles. Trust me do it.

I'm pretty sure they have a 50,000 or 60,000 mile warranty so if they only lasted 30,000 it doesn't matter cause you could get new ones.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-02-2011
XYZrealisation's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: America, Texas
Posts: 93
@98liftedranger

Depends how you use them but ya your right, (its 50,000 warranty) you got me on that, I must of gotten mixed up with a different tire. But a 100,000 miles on them is awesome, he must of babied them or somethin.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-02-2011
sprocket226's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 25
I'm not a tire know-it-all, but the guy at Dicount Tire recommended the Duratracs I bought from them, at the end of last winter. I've had absolutely 0 issues with them so far. Made in USA.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-02-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

BFG makes a solid tire hands down I had their ko gfource on my last car and got 75,000mi on them. My generals have 50k o believe and they still have more they can make it to 75-80 being still safe.

Stop arguing with 98 your going to loose
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-02-2011
XYZrealisation's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: America, Texas
Posts: 93
@04RangerDave

BFG does make a solid tire, did you not read my previous posts? I recommended them and michelins over goodyears. In the post previous to this one I just admitted that he was right on his correction, what more do you want, I'm not a stubborn *** like many unwilling to admit when I am wrong. So was this to you all about who was going to win or loose? I was just trying to have regular thread conversation but if it matters that much to you and you are marking a winner and a looser, mark me as the looser, I just want to be able to go on forums to participate and learn. Not to be apart of meaningless arguments.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-02-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Ive heard nothing but good things about Goodyears MTRs and the Kevlars or whatever. I have no favorite brand of tire, but I plan on gettin' me sone Goodyears first.

And I lol'ed at where this thread has gone.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-02-2011
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
mudkings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Trade: TX: 5 pathfinder a/t tires 31/10.5/15 for street tires Sinic Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 0 12-10-2010 08:57 PM
WTT 30in tires for 31+in tires(CT) tom kalmanidis Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 0 06-09-2009 09:47 AM
Tires, Tires, Tires... zabeard Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 76 03-05-2008 08:32 PM
finally doing it.... buying new tires! click to find out hich tires... FMD Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 9 02-04-2007 11:36 AM
Need bigger tires but what tires? resqdude General Ford Ranger Discussion 48 06-07-2006 12:53 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.