Ok a few question I got - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-03-2005
Nate97Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC 82nd AB
Posts: 420
Ok a few question I got

on 1997 Xlt 3.0 2wd what is the biggest tire you can put ? I heard 31's with little to no rubbing ?


Also were can I buy Rock Crawler rims /w Tires.


Saveing up rite now and would like to also find a place that sells a 3 inch body lift.


Want to go with 3inch body lift on 15x8 Rock Crawlers in black 33x11 =D Think that is the right sizes for rim/tire ?


New to the truck stuff guys :)


Also for a rim place, looking to buy 5 rims :)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2005
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
31's should be able to fit but they might rub on hard turns...

as far as the body lift, spend an extra 150 and get a spindle lift. lifts the suspension not just the body so it will look alot better
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2005
Nate97Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC 82nd AB
Posts: 420
Could you give me a site.


Bleh nevermind cant find a spindle kit for a 97 :(

Last edited by Nate97Ranger; 09-03-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x4XLT
31's should be able to fit but they might rub on hard turns...

as far as the body lift, spend an extra 150 and get a spindle lift. lifts the suspension not just the body so it will look alot better
spindle lift DOES NOT WORK on his truck he has the TTB or I-beam as its called suspention.

you can get a 4" suspention lift which is around $500 total or just get a body lift with the body lift you can run 32x11.5x15 very easy..

heres a good idea get a body lift cost like $200. then get daystar front coil spacers good set with longer bolt is around $99 then you have like 5" in the front and 3" in the back and your front end is now level I am asuming like every other 3rd gen out there the front end it sagged..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
yea, follow the ole wise one^^

Cheapest way for you to get some clearance is to buy the bodylift part number per853, then buy the coil spacers, buy your rock cralwers, and throw on your tires. it will be about $300 bucks for 5" in the front and 3" in th rear. Not bad really.


or for a lil more, you can buy the pro-comp lift 5" in front 3.5", all suspension.

Last edited by got-dirty; 09-03-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
here is the blocks. http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...F09101F4L.html after this you will NEED an alignment be prepared to get hit with about $130 alignment because the truck will need cam blocks probly 2 1/4 cams


here is the body lift a little cheaper then i thought http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...uscon/853.html

edit: just thought of something if your front end after the blocks are in IS higher then the rear (which i will highly doupt) then put a rear short add-a-leaf in thats like $30
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
yea i paid $160 for mine, so the kit for the 95-97 is not that bad on the pocket.

also, if your going to 33s. you might want to bump up to 4.10 gears, or maybe 4.30s

are you looking for a m/t or a/t? you wont want something like a swamper for everyday driving.

edit, wow i just notcied that they up'd the prices on the rock crawlers by $10. bummer.

Last edited by got-dirty; 09-03-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
yea i paid $160 for mine, so the kit for the 95-97 is not that bad on the pocket.

also, if your going to 33s. you might want to bump up to 4.10 gears, or maybe 4.30s

are you looking for a m/t or a/t? you wont want something like a swamper for everyday driving.

edit, wow i just notcied that they up'd the prices on the rock crawlers by $10. bummer.
yes they did if you go like a bell tire the rocks are now around $70 its bull ****. but you can get the Soft 8's version of the rocks alot cheaper. still made out of steel the price is going up. my front push bar used to be $73 now its like $85 go figure
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2005
Nate97Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC 82nd AB
Posts: 420
Goddam, save a lil longer I guess got enough for tires/rims/lift but ill do it right wait it off another 2-3 weeks and get that 5 inch front 3.5 all around, that would be nice, while im just saving gonna order my dnam valance with fog lamps again since last one didnt go through :).



Thanks for the advice BIG TIME. Hopeing the black rims will look good on a red truck



If I buy the pro-comp lift 5" in front 3.5", all suspension, I wont need those blocks correct ? That would be super sweet, only thing now would be finding peeps to help put the beast on

"97 Ranger 2wd 5"/2.5" Lift Includes; Radius Arm Drop Brackets, Axle Pivot Drop Brackets, Sway Bar Extensions, Brake Line Kit, Coil Springs, Rear Block Kit, Pitman Arm, 4 ES3000 Shocks"

Think that is all of it

For the rock crawlers that is per rim rite ?


So far its the 3.5/5'inch - 1200 +200 for alinment
Rock Crawlers at about - 300
The Tires...I think Ill go with M/T that will prolly be like 500


Get's pricey =D


Cant wait....man I edit alot.

Last edited by Nate97Ranger; 09-03-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
why is the lift $1200?

For the one you want,

::
97 and 86-88 Ranger 2wd 5"/3.5" Lift Includes; Radius Arm Drop Brackets, Axle Pivot Drop Brackets, Sway Bar Extensions, Brake Line Kit, Coil Springs, Rear Block Kit, Pitman Arm, 4 ES3000 Shocks
EXPK4122::

Its only $770. but actually if you buy it right now, you can get it for $585 installed, with their labor day discounts. if you have the money, id buy it quick like to save the money. Youll save just ove $500 bucks from list price, thats just staright awesome. So make a lil trip to orlando since its the closest, save on shipping, and you could have it installed. cant get a much better deal.

which blocks are you referring to? the kits lifts the rear by lift blocks. But you could also buy the coil spacers and a add-a-leaf and lift the truck another ~2" front and rear. then through on a body/lift, and your looking at about 10-11", that thing would be huge!!

and if your running 33x11.50, youll want a 8" rim. So the 15x8 with 3.75 b/s would be what your looking for.

and if you were a lil closer, id be more than happy to help out, but tampa is a lil bit of a drive.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate97Ranger
Goddam, save a lil longer I guess got enough for tires/rims/lift but ill do it right wait it off another 2-3 weeks and get that 5 inch front 3.5 all around, that would be nice, while im just saving gonna order my dnam valance with fog lamps again since last one didnt go through :).
you know the lower fog valance is like $65 brand new from the dealer thats where i got mine. and i used 5" procomp offroad fluted lights for the fogs. there $15 each.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice BIG TIME. Hopeing the black rims will look good on a red truck
they do I have seen it done

Quote:
If I buy the pro-comp lift 5" in front 3.5", all suspension, I wont need those blocks correct ? That would be super sweet, only thing now would be finding peeps to help put the beast on

"97 Ranger 2wd 5"/2.5" Lift Includes; Radius Arm Drop Brackets, Axle Pivot Drop Brackets, Sway Bar Extensions, Brake Line Kit, Coil Springs, Rear Block Kit, Pitman Arm, 4 ES3000 Shocks"

Think that is all of it

For the rock crawlers that is per rim rite ?


So far its the 3.5/5'inch - 1200 +200 for alinment
Rock Crawlers at about - 300
The Tires...I think Ill go with M/T that will prolly be like 500


Get's pricey =D


Cant wait....man I edit alot.
no you dont need the blocks for the procomp lift nor do you need the body lift. also if you want to spend like $300 for a set of rims why dont you just buy a set of eagle alloy off ebay for like $300 to your door..... here the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-JE...97381595QQrdZ1 ask for 3.75 backspacing
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-03-2005
Nate97Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC 82nd AB
Posts: 420
Ah sweet, Think Ill end up going with 32inch or maybe 31's Dont want to have to mess with gears/rear end just yet give it a month or two to get use to it then maybe order 33's with a new rearend and gears
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
please tell me what gears are in the truck right now...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2005
Nate97Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC 82nd AB
Posts: 420
I am not positive, but im like 75% sure its 373's...the problem with haven 410 put in is its only a 4spd...ill top out like at 60mph heh



Im not sure of this though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
you wil do fine with 32's or 33's for a while i am running 3.73 with 32's in my 4cyl here and i can leave it in 4th and run 90 easy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
lol, although your speedo is off lol

i drove back from GA and my speedo was reading 80-82, and thats about 92-95 on my 4 banger still
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
lol, although your speedo is off lol

i drove back from GA and my speedo was reading 80-82, and thats about 92-95 on my 4 banger still
no i fixed my speedo and i know what it is now also when we where caravaning down to indy with 3 of the guys from here one guy was pegging the rev limiter and me and phil just kept going faster haha..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
yea my truck doesnt top out at 92, ive put it to 105 back when i had my stockers and was going to orlando, i need to go to a dealer and have my speedo fixed. but my luck, id forget thats its right for once, and end up speeding and getting a ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
yea my truck doesnt top out at 92, ive put it to 105 back when i had my stockers and was going to orlando, i need to go to a dealer and have my speedo fixed. but my luck, id forget thats its right for once, and end up speeding and getting a ticket.
what year is your truck if its the right one like mine all it is, is a gear you have to change its one bolt the cable cames off you take the gear out and put a smaller or bigger gear depending on which way it needs to go and how much it needs to go
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
mine is a 97, i thought after 95 they went to computer controlled?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
mine is a 97, i thought after 95 they went to computer controlled?
ya i think so. your back window makes the truck look older because thats the old dual slider and i think they did away with that in 95 you might have a eirly model i dont know i was shooting in the dark
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
yea, bryan had asked me on day about my window, it sticks out, and the slider. its not flush with the truck like it should be.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
yea, bryan had asked me on day about my window, it sticks out, and the slider. its not flush with the truck like it should be.
no its how is should be thats just the 2nd gen windows that how they are. our 3rd gen trucks the eirlier one's are a mix of parts from the 2nd gen's
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-2005
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
ahh, gotcha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In the process of a few mods, what i'm doing and a few ideas! opinions please! MrDeeds Exterior Semi-Tech 4 02-01-2012 08:18 PM
A few muddy and a few clean pictures 05BLKEDGE Snapshots 1 05-23-2011 05:59 PM
Back in NL for a few days, few pics of my Jetta effexfour Snapshots 4 07-04-2009 06:27 PM
A few additions, and a few pics a-little-edgey Snapshots 7 03-05-2009 11:57 PM
Just got a superchip, but have a few questions Alon 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 8 09-26-2005 01:57 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.