speedometer off at 50mph and below
I've been looking at this issue for a while now trying to figure out how to work with this problem. I've verified all this with two GPS units. GPS units agree with each other, so I'll take them as being correct.
If I want to go 35MPH, my speedometer needs to say 39MPH.
If I want to go 40MPH, my speedometer needs to say 43MPH.
If I want to go 50MPH, my speedometer needs to say 53MPH.
Once I hit 60MPH, it is pretty much dead on.
I have stock 3.73 gears rolling on stock 235/75r16 tires. No modifications to the drive train that I know of.
This past weekend I put a new speed sensor in, but that has not changed anything.
I've tried connecting my scan tool to see if I can read my speed from the computer, but that data is not available.
If I were going faster than what my speedometer was saying, I might have an argument that my gauge was off and was having a hard time raising the needle...but that's not happening.
I need some more ideas.
Mine: '98 Ranger XLT 3.0L SuperCab w/ manual 4x4 "Off Road" 193k miles
Wife: '07 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 3.0L 128k miles
My 3.0 puts out 150HP...hers puts 220HP...something is wrong here!
Future Restoration: '77 Chevy 2WD K5 Blazer