Jusnes Modified E-Fan Install
Control box mounting location
Temperature sensor installation
This is how you setup the quick mounting rods before you insert the temp sensor through the small hole in the locking button and foam pad.
Temp sensor location
This is how I mounted my fan. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to come with mounting brackets, from other pics I've seen, but I didn't get any.
I just ran the quick mount rod through the hole and pushed the button as close to the fan as I could.
However, if yours came with the mounting tabs, this is the way its supposed to be mounted. The tab on the left is correct, the one on the right is backwards. - Graniteguy (Wayne - Underdog performance)
Mounted - 04lvl2 (Bill Rebola)
1. Red wire (power supply). Using butt connectors, add the "heavy duty inline add a fuse" supplied with the kit to the red wire. Use a 30 amp fuse.
Attach the red wire from the controller box to the positive terminal of the automobile battery. Use a ring terminal.
2. Black wire (ground) - Attach the control box black wire to any good ground.
This is where I grounded both the control box ground wire and the fan motor ground wire.
I extended my black wire from the fan motor with 12 gauge, oil and gas resistant copper stand wire from home depot.
3. Yellow wire (ignition signal) - Attach the yellow wire to a positive (+) 12 Volt connection that is controlled by the ignition.
I extended and ran this wire with 16 gauge wire through my steering column gromet into my cab where I used the "add-a-circuit" with a blue butt connector. I used slot 20 where my radio was using a 7.5 amp fuse.
Take out the 7.5 and put it in the add-a -circuit. Add another 10 amp fuse for the fan and plug it into the same slot.
4. Green wire (air condition override) - Using a blue tap connector, attach the green wire to the A/C clutch wire.
*Note the wire is black. I used black wire to extend my green wire.
5. Orange fused wire (power output) - First of all, cut out the fuse, and use butt connectors to re-attach the wire.
Attach the orange wire to the fan power wire using a butt connector.
*Note - Am not using a butt connector in pic. USE a butt connector.
Cut the blue wire since that is for dual or a second fan and is not being used. Be sure to tape it off.
To set the controller, turn the dial all the way off, start your truck, let it run idle until normal running temp, adjust the dial until the fan kicks in.