show off your regular cab subs - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Audio & Video Tech General discussion of audio and video for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 11-01-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 14
Name:  system1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  system11.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  system12.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  47.8 KB

Name:  system13.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  system14.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  system2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  system3.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  system4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  system5.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  38.9 KB

Name:  system6.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  system7.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  system9.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  43.3 KB

sub, box, amp and wires all brand new for ~300$
Head unit was 80$ used from the same shop
Thumps pretty good but im looking to upgrade to a 8" l7 and make a custom console for it. i have read some of these post about kicker and what not and i usually use pioneer for everything i do; but this 10 has done its job. When you go to building a system its all about the combination. Amp to sub to box. From your wiring from your battery to you amp to ground. if you are trying to run a 1200 watt system through a 14 gauge wire really? the specs in the info part and where they say "for 200-400 watt systems" thats all there for a reason. its like trying to run things in your house off a generator full time- its works out ok but just isnt efficient. just my common sense .02 worth
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-05-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lakeland Fl
Posts: 4
I dont know if anyone had done this but the boxes that hold 2 10s made to go under F150 ext. cabs back seats fit in the single cab rangers. I have a 2007 single cab ranger. I had a 15" cvr in the truck and traded it to a friend for his box made for an f150 the seats go all the way back and you can flip the box to fire against the seats or against the back wall. (Before the 2 10's i had 2 12" kicker l5's in the single cab. I have the box for sale along with two l5/l7 grill gaurds. the seats had to sit 2 notches forward though & the box only had 4 cu.ft of airspace and is ported.)
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-05-2010
Bird76Mojo's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, IL.
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyamoahaxracer View Post
I dont know if anyone had done this but the boxes that hold 2 10s made to go under F150 ext. cabs back seats fit in the single cab rangers. I have a 2007 single cab ranger. I had a 15" cvr in the truck and traded it to a friend for his box made for an f150 the seats go all the way back and you can flip the box to fire against the seats or against the back wall. (Before the 2 10's i had 2 12" kicker l5's in the single cab. I have the box for sale along with two l5/l7 grill gaurds. the seats had to sit 2 notches forward though & the box only had 4 cu.ft of airspace and is ported.)
Your post..






GB :)
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-19-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3
8" Fosgate Sub; Fosgate T400.4 Amp; Fosgate OEQ1 Equalizer. 100% custom fiberglass enclosure.

Name:  IMAG0132.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  112.8 KB
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-19-2010
Bird76Mojo's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, IL.
Posts: 1,264
That's officially the most badass reg cab system on this site! WOW! You could market those.



GB :)
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-19-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
That's officially the most badass reg cab system on this site! WOW! You could market those.



GB :)
Lol! Thanks. I don't think marketing something like that would be very economical considering it can only fit that particular amp and was a little on the expensive side to build because of all the fiberglass. It's actually sort of a show/demo truck for me. I'm gutting it in a few few months and redoing everything. It will look even better this next go around
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-22-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DFW,TX
Posts: 64
Sent you a PM Southwest Customs...

Working on doing a custom Dual Focal 8" Setup...hopefully Southwest Customs can get something put together for me.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-22-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St Pete, FL
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Customs View Post
Lol! Thanks. I don't think marketing something like that would be very economical considering it can only fit that particular amp and was a little on the expensive side to build because of all the fiberglass. It's actually sort of a show/demo truck for me. I'm gutting it in a few few months and redoing everything. It will look even better this next go around
Do you think it would be possible to make it out of another material now that you have a basic mold? And how uneconomical would it be? I'd pay a few hundred for a good enclosure like that. As for the amp, just make that section flat, let people bolt their amps right to the outside or cut it themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by darangerdanger View Post
x2.
im sure some of the lesser brands are great but some of us like going for the name brands that are proven to last and sound awesome

so josh might hate us but to each their own!

until these off brands are actually time tested i will stick with my focals and JL!!!!
I know this is an old post but I just had to LOL at the "off brands" statement. Kicker=sh!tty. JL=Overpriced and overrated. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine=horsesh!t. DC, DD, AQ, Fi, AA, Sundown, XCON etc is where it's at. Check out audio forums. There's a reason why Josh and I say what we do about mainstream brands.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-22-2010
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
Quote:
DC, DD, AQ, Fi, AA, Sundown, XCON etc is where it's at.
Sure if your only into SPL subwoofers and sub amps...

Ever hear of Vifa, Seas, ScanSpeak, Dayton, Tang Band, Peerless, Etc...
these are the companys that make the speakers for the biggest names in the industry.
For example Alpines F1 series components where made by vifa or scan speak, these same speakers can be bought without the fancy brand name, and looks, for a fraction of the price at parts-express.com or madisound.com

Alpine, pioneer, kenwood, jl, focal make great equipment, but you pay for it and its usually not in their lower product lines, and they are better at certain aspects then they are at others. Some make good speakers others make good electronics.
Going with a single brand will not guarantee you will be getting a good product. you can't just throw money into car audio and expect it to be the best sound,
A $1000 set of focal components will never sound as good as a set of properly chosen, installed, tuned pair of $200 or less (no name, to you) speakers.

There soooo.. much more to car audio then brand names, wattage, and subwoofers...
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-22-2010
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
I know this is an old post but I just had to LOL at the "off brands" statement. Kicker=sh!tty. JL=Overpriced and overrated. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine=horsesh!t. DC, DD, AQ, Fi, AA, Sundown, XCON etc is where it's at. Check out audio forums. There's a reason why Josh and I say what we do about mainstream brands.
pioneer and alpine only have good head units. kicker sounds like *** and jl is stupid on price.

i will put anything from dc, dd, aq, fi, aa sundown and ssa in my truck. jacob(sundown) scott(fi/aa) rusty(DC) dj(aq)... they know thier ****
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-22-2010
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
[QUOTE=RangOH;1785389]Sure if your only into SPL subwoofers and sub amps... QUOTE]

DC makes SQL subs, dd and aq are more spl.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-22-2010
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
you guys are just like the focal jl guys, $400 dollars for a [email protected] amp. $200+ for 12" sub.
Is that not overpriced? JL and rockford use to be no name brands too.

sql is not sq.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Except we spend $200 and get a [email protected] amp. And $300 for a 12" sub that can handle that power with ease.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-22-2010
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
you guys are just like the focal jl guys, $400 dollars for a [email protected] amp. $200+ for 12" sub.
Is that not overpriced? JL and rockford use to be no name brands too.

sql is not sq.
sql = sounds really good and gets loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
Except we spend $200 and get a [email protected] amp. And $300 for a 12" sub that can handle that power with ease.
couldnt have said it better
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-22-2010
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
Quote:
Except we spend $200 and get a [email protected] amp. And $300 for a 12" sub that can handle that power with ease.
yeah and then you have to buy super thick wires and add batterys, alts, (even more money) because your pulling so much more current when you could have the same output with amp geared towards highvoltage output instead of high current.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-22-2010
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
and we can afford to do it cause we save money on subs and amps
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
yeah and then you have to buy super thick wires and add batterys, alts, (even more money) because your pulling so much more current when you could have the same output with amp geared towards highvoltage output instead of high current.
What? You're not going to get a loud system with tiny little wires and a small amp that's "geared towards highvoltage output"
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-22-2010
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
how is that different then just buying a good amp and sub in the first place?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Who said that we were buying bad subs/amps?
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 12-22-2010
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
the companies we are talking about is better than mainstream in products, customer service, price and quality
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-22-2010
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
Are you aware that impedance is tied to frequency? as the frequency goes up or down, so does the impedence. A sub playing @ 1 ohm @ 20hz may consume 2000w but double the frequency to 40hz and your subs impedance rises to 4-8 ohms caused by inductance of the voicecoil and power compresson.

so now whats your amps power output at 4 ohms? a lot less isn't it? double the frequency again and then whats your output? Speakers normally run at anywhere from 8-50 Ohms on music. Now how much power are you getting for your money?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
LOL Ok, then take that same scenario but with a sh!tty Alpine 1000w amp. Now what's your power? My non-mainstream amp will be putting out a lot more power at 4ohm then your mainstream amp that you paid way too much for will.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-22-2010
Trailhead_273's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Grayson
Posts: 146
all i can say is i love my
dc lvl4 xl sub
saz 2000 sundown amp
2 crescendo ccx6.5 components
its clean clear and loud
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-22-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailhead_273 View Post
all i can say is i love my
dc lvl4 xl sub
saz 2000 sundown amp
2 crescendo ccx6.5 components
its clean clear and loud
And guess what... it's not mainstream! Wooo!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seat swap help 04 regular cab to 03 ext cab edge Ranger_girl General Technical & Electrical 12 05-31-2016 02:00 AM
Show Off Your Subs S10Killer Audio & Video Tech 72 09-03-2010 09:39 PM
'08 extended cab seats in '08 regular cab BlutoBodine Interior Semi-Tech 6 09-10-2009 07:04 AM
Regular cab or Extended cab? SouthernMudSlinger General Ford Ranger Discussion 38 09-11-2006 11:16 PM
Regular Cab vs Extended Cab LILBLUE04FX4L2 General Ford Ranger Discussion 69 09-21-2004 03:02 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.