How many have traded up to a PSD? pics - Page 7 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Discussion General discussion of Ford vehicles not pertaining to the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #151  
Old 11-03-2011
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickskates4lyfe View Post
I'm confused, how does a chip improve the durability of the trans? Last I checked the more power on a stock tranny the worse off you are.

Maybe that doesn't apply in the world of PSD. :-P
The shift points, line pressure, and whatever else black magic occurs inside a crazy auto transmission. However the extra power usually overcomes whatever positive effects the chip has on the trans shifting and holding together.

In case no one can tell, I'm a manual trans guy, lol, love my ZF-6! However if I was going for performance, BTS 4R100 it would be!
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 11-03-2011
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
In case no one can tell, I'm a manual trans guy, lol, love my ZF-6! However if I was going for performance, BTS 4R100 it would be!
No kidding...It's such a joke that you can't purchase a new truck with a manual unless you buy a Dodge...I mean a RAM
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 11-03-2011
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms994x4 View Post

Why did you get rid of it?!?!?
I went from a $30/hr job to a $7/hr job...so i sold it (so i could keep my built 96 f-150 restoration which i ended up selling in 2008 when it was 90% complete) and bought a 91 S-10 for $500
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11-03-2011
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
No kidding...It's such a joke that you can't purchase a new truck with a manual unless you buy a Dodge...I mean a RAM
Tell me about it.

Wish Ford would offer a 6-spd manual with an aux. overdrive unit in the 6.7's. A 6spd or 12spd, depending on load, would sell me! Probably not very practical or cost efficient, but would be nice to see the big three not phase out the manual trans for those of us who like to row our own gears.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11-03-2011
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
I remember what a 1964 Ford Thunderbolt owner said on one of those saturday morning car TV shows about the Ford dealer trying to sell him an automatic TBolt.
"Automatics are for little old ladies & school teachers I won't drive an automatic, gimme a damn 4 speed"
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11-04-2011
Toms994x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickskates4lyfe View Post
I'm confused, how does a chip improve the durability of the trans? Last I checked the more power on a stock tranny the worse off you are.

Maybe that doesn't apply in the world of PSD. :-P
Guess I should have split them up? I was saying mine is fine and I just put a chip in my truck the other day. Read below too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
The shift points, line pressure, and whatever else black magic occurs inside a crazy auto transmission. However the extra power usually overcomes whatever positive effects the chip has on the trans shifting and holding together.

In case no one can tell, I'm a manual trans guy, lol, love my ZF-6! However if I was going for performance, BTS 4R100 it would be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4 View Post
I went from a $30/hr job to a $7/hr job...so i sold it (so i could keep my built 96 f-150 restoration which i ended up selling in 2008 when it was 90% complete) and bought a 91 S-10 for $500
Damn! That's no fun!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 11-23-2011
freddie's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 2,463
Those of you on PSN and PSA have seen these pictures probably. I haven't taken many recently.



Attached Thumbnails
How many have traded up to a PSD? pics-dsc_0335-2.jpg   How many have traded up to a PSD? pics-img_20110413_195107.jpg   How many have traded up to a PSD? pics-dsc_0311-1.jpg   How many have traded up to a PSD? pics-imag0302-3.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many miles is too many? mcdonald58 General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 10-11-2017 01:04 AM
How many miles is too many miles? Liftedgreen4x4 General Ford Discussion 10 08-08-2012 11:10 PM
How many miles are too many miles ? TNRanger23 General Ford Discussion 4 11-10-2011 05:38 AM
how many miles are too many? DillonT General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 04-18-2009 04:19 PM
finally got my system done.(many many pics) rideabikenick Audio & Video Tech 12 02-09-2007 06:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.