2006 Ranger - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 05-25-2005
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugan4859
Then what would you call it. The Rangers sales have droped about 15% each year for the last 4 years, while everyone elses sales have gone up atleast 30% each year.
i think he is saying that 15% of 300,000 is not the same as 30% of 100,000
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-25-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere, XYZ
Posts: 4,351
Right.. Losing 7-15% of the 200-250k Ranger sales still beat Chevy gaining 25% of their 100k sales going from '03 to '04. Now when we're going from '04 to '05 and Ford is seeing a cut 25% drop in sales and other makers are seeing 30-50% increases.. NOW it starts to look like a problem.

Do I think Ford not having a redesign for the Ranger in the wings will hurt them in the small truck segment in the long run? Yes. Do I think they care? Not really! They've been concentrating on the F150 segment.. Were I them I would do no different.

In the end I personally wouldn't get too worked up about it though. I am neither a Ford Motor Co shareholder nor am I in the market for a new truck. Nor do I intend to be for quite some time. I could really care less how the '06 Ranger compares to the competition..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-25-2005
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBubba
In the end I personally wouldn't get too worked up about it though. I am neither a Ford Motor Co shareholder nor am I in the market for a new truck. Nor do I intend to be for quite some time. I could really care less how the '06 Ranger compares to the competition..


I totatly agree... who really cares whats going on with the 06's.. the only people that should care are those in the market and shareholders...So what if sales are down a little, its not going to cause a tear in the space time continum and make it so my truck was never built... fact is we still all own rangers allready (for the most part) so slumping sales are neither our fault or anything for us to get worked up over. Fact is the Ranger is still the #1 selling truck of all time and I would be supprised if that changes...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-25-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere, XYZ
Posts: 4,351
You mean #1 selling SMALL truck, right? It was my understanding that the F-series was the #1 selling truck of all time. .. No doubt partly because it's been around forever and a day!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-25-2005
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Yea thats what I ment, #1 selling truck in its class (small)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-25-2005
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 2,123
Ranger has been #1 selling (non fullsize) truck for almost 2 decades, until 2005.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/otf0999.html
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-25-2005
jdugan4859's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: -
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by rngprerunner


I totatly agree... who really cares whats going on with the 06's.. the only people that should care are those in the market and shareholders...So what if sales are down a little, its not going to cause a tear in the space time continum and make it so my truck was never built... fact is we still all own rangers allready (for the most part) so slumping sales are neither our fault or anything for us to get worked up over. Fact is the Ranger is still the #1 selling truck of all time and I would be supprised if that changes...

True to a point, but it could hurt what small aftermarket support we do have, and limit expanded aftermarket support. It also dosn't help resale value either.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-25-2005
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
**** Ford should put me on the design team. Then the 4.6 V8 would be an option in a limtied number... the 3.0 would be replaced with the 4.0 (sorry), and the little 4 banger would still stay (gotta get them fuel saving truck buyers) They need another model like a high performance model (SVT maybe) go back to the 01-03 style, but with painted mirrors, larger RANGER emblems, larger FORD emblems. Black interior could be used with every color on the outside. if you wanted a V8 reg cab with 5 speed trans. then you could get it...it would just take longer to get it...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-25-2005
mx98ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 1,493
i dont like it. it looks weird. i say ford completely redisigns the ranger, make it a little wider, but still not full size, then drop a stock 8 cylinder option. kinda like dodge has with he dakota. you know... just something new.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-26-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere, XYZ
Posts: 4,351
My dream Ranger: ~2003 MY styling, ~2.5L Turbo Diesel. 4x4, solid axles front and back. Leafs in the rear, coils up front. Manual t-case (maybe one w/o the problems mine has!). (Maybe even w/ a lockable center diff! Meaning your choice of AWD or part-time 4WD.) 4-door supercab. 7' box. Comfortably equipped w/ buckets, cruise and a decent sound system..

Basically a Jeep Wrangler/Cherokee undercarrige/drive train w/ a longer wheelbase, a 7' box and an engine capable of hauling 5-6k lbs while still clearing 20-25 MPG highway..
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 05-26-2005
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
That's the spirit. Mine would be bad ***. 2003 Edge with 4.6 Cobra engine. 6 speed manual (5 speed is great 6 speed would be insane), l/s in the back, traction bars, ext. cab, electronic exhaust cut outs, 3,500watt sound system, and the classic Boy pissing on chevy emblem sticker.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-26-2005
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 2,123
Problem is 95% of all rangers sold goto non-enthusiasts. Ford just wants to make money on the vehicle, and special R&D costs money.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-26-2005
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
Wow that is a bigass Ford badge on the back of that thing! No more EDGES hey somone want to buy a collectors truck lol
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-26-2005
TorRedRangerFX4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 13
omg i love that truck, ive been wishing mine was two tone just like that one!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-26-2005
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBubba
My dream Ranger: ~2003 MY styling, ~2.5L Turbo Diesel. 4x4, solid axles front and back. Leafs in the rear, coils up front. Manual t-case (maybe one w/o the problems mine has!). (Maybe even w/ a lockable center diff! Meaning your choice of AWD or part-time 4WD.) 4-door supercab. 7' box. Comfortably equipped w/ buckets, cruise and a decent sound system..

Basically a Jeep Wrangler/Cherokee undercarrige/drive train w/ a longer wheelbase, a 7' box and an engine capable of hauling 5-6k lbs while still clearing 20-25 MPG highway..

that is a perfect ranger in my eyes too, although i dont want the 7' bed ill take the shorter one like the bravians have.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-26-2005
Mudhippy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LiterBeater
Ugly

agreed

i still like teh generation before the 04s the best

i think it was 01-03 or something
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-03-2005
edgeofthecliff's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Safety Harbor, FL
Posts: 392
Heres more info, The Ordering Guide is updated:

http://www.fordaxz.com/2006-ford-ranger-guide.htm

If not "displayed" just click www.fordaxz.com then you know the rest lol
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-03-2005
3LiterBeater's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 879
I honestly like my 04' grill better than the former (01-03) but don't like the 04' lower valance with the cheap looking fog lights. Also, I don't think its fair to call the 04-05 models a NEW generation. Slightly updated is all. Seats, guages, a steering wheel, grill, hood and valance are different but not an engineering marvel either.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-03-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay-briel
From what I see on the pie chart every other truck on there is brand new and the Ranger still has a big piece of the pie, not biggest but a big piece.

There is all this talk this truck sales are up and the ranger sales are down. I agree with Colin up, down from what ?

If you have product A and product B
A is selling 100 units a year and B is selling 5 units a year
Next year A drops to 75 units and B jumps to 25 units
A dropped 25 % B jumped up 500%

or maybe my glass is just half full.

Is there a problem coming YES, sales are down and going down, do we need some new power plants YES, its coming all in due time.

Maybe since the ranger has been on top for so long and has just now been de-throned maybe now ford is going to say ok now we can justifiy spending some money.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-03-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
that is a perfect ranger in my eyes too, although i dont want the 7' bed ill take the shorter one like the bravians have.
My perfect ranger is close to you guys, number one is DIESEL(hello banks performance upgrades), 4 real doors like in south america, at least a 6 foot bed, manual transmission that can still pull some weight like 5,000 lbs,optiaon automatic that can pull 7,000 put a better clutch and lower 1st gear, or a hill take off gear or something, A real Manual t-case, Stock 33inch tires on FX4L2 models, Spray in bed liner from factory would be a good option, I can think of a few more
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-03-2005
brian_m602's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBubba
Fugly.. Seems I got the last good looking Ranger!
I would have to agree, the open top grille with the power dome hood just looks clean. Maybe our 01-03's will hold their value a bit more when everyone sees the new rangers.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-06-2005
BrianB31's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Belleville,MI
Posts: 109
As a Ford Engineer and avid Ranger person all I have to say about the '06 is YUCK!! The grill is fine but the badge on the front looks like a clown's nose. If you don't know it's a Ford you will now. It looks like they took the grill right off the superduty and didn't resize it to fit the truck. The same thing goes for the badge in the back. Jeez can we scream Ford loud enough with it? I do like the new tailamps, mirrors and badges.

I still like my '98. It's not to boxy and not to curvy. All I want are some new headlamps.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-06-2005
SONICEDGE03's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tryon, NC
Posts: 788
If they have sonic blue still, I am going to get a set of those flares!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-06-2005
John Moorehead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB31
As a Ford Engineer and avid Ranger person all I have to say about the '06 is YUCK!! The grill is fine but the badge on the front looks like a clown's nose. If you don't know it's a Ford you will now. It looks like they took the grill right off the superduty and didn't resize it to fit the truck. The same thing goes for the badge in the back. Jeez can we scream Ford loud enough with it? I do like the new tailamps, mirrors and badges.

I still like my '98. It's not to boxy and not to curvy. All I want are some new headlamps.

Good to see you over here Brian!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will a MP3/CD Player from a 2009 Ranger fit in a 2006 Ranger? Rowdy Yates Audio & Video Tech 7 11-11-2010 09:59 AM
Converting my 2004 Ranger to a 2006 Ranger BlackRanger04 General Ford Ranger Discussion 21 07-17-2010 03:11 PM
2006 Ranger: EDGE still exists!!! Fx4wannabe01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 25 08-15-2005 12:43 PM
2006 Ranger Product Guide 03edgeman General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 07-25-2005 03:42 PM
When will 2006 Ranger parts be for sale? Lumadar General Ford Ranger Discussion 25 07-23-2005 05:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.