Hydrolocked.....now what? A new 4.0 that's what... - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Technical & Electrical General technical and electrical discussion for the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 10-29-2006
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210
pull an insurance claim. tell them it rained, you couldnt start it, waited a week, took it in and they told you it was dead.
do you still have esurance?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-29-2006
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
Dude, I'm not asking you for lottery numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-29-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: City, PA
Posts: 515
Dude, you have the best luck. This is why I talk myself out of going to Wharton everytime there is a meet. Neil amazed me that day at Wharton, he was calm(sorta), and knew exactly what he needed to do, to save his truck. Neil's truck was FLOATING!

Anyway, another thing to consider with swapping in a V8 engine, is weight. Make sure your front suspension and brakes can handle the possible additional weight of a V8. You would probably need to swap in different coils to compensate....and maybe bigger rotors...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-30-2006
04 EDGE
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210
pull an insurance claim. tell them it rained, you couldnt start it, waited a week, took it in and they told you it was dead.
people like you are the reason this country has gone to hell.

some of us "real americans" are honest and good people, you are not one.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-30-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Well, I think he was kidding. At least I hope so, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-30-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 EDGE
people like you are the reason this country has gone to hell.

some of us "real americans" are honest and good people, you are not one.

and that is part of the reason insureance costs so much anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-31-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Yes, I still have esurance. Everyone else wants twice as much on the premium. State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive all want $1450 every six months for the state's minimum coverage for comp and collision. Geico wanted $1600 every six months. Whereas I pay $650 for esurance every 6 months.

I wouldn't ask me for lottery numbers either =]
One of the main reasons I don't play! lol

I called esurance and told them I was out on a trail and got into some water. I explained the situation and they're gonna have someone come out and look at it. They said it might be covered under comp. I'll find out shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-31-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en
Yes, I still have esurance. Everyone else wants twice as much on the premium. State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive all want $1450 every six months for the state's minimum coverage for comp and collision. Geico wanted $1600 every six months. Whereas I pay $650 for esurance every 6 months.

I wouldn't ask me for lottery numbers either =]
One of the main reasons I don't play! lol

I called esurance and told them I was out on a trail and got into some water. I explained the situation and they're gonna have someone come out and look at it. They said it might be covered under comp. I'll find out shortly.
and then they drop you............i would make sure they wont drop you if you place another claim on your insurance....espically since it is so soon after your last one...........and remember that if they drop you, the price you got from Geico is going to be CHEAP, because you will have to have high risk insurance...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-31-2006
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
and then they drop you............i would make sure they wont drop you if you place another claim on your insurance....espically since it is so soon after your last one...........and remember that if they drop you, the price you got from Geico is going to be CHEAP, because you will have to have high risk insurance...
your exactly right!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-31-2006
doc's Avatar
doc doc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,406
Well maybe you can tell them you were in Wharton.. After all most of the trails are actual named roadways..... All though sand roadways... So technically you are NOT OFF ROAD....... You are in fact on legal roadways of the great state of NJ.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-31-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
Well maybe you can tell them you were in Wharton.. After all most of the trails are actual named roadways..... All though sand roadways... So technically you are NOT OFF ROAD....... You are in fact on legal roadways of the great state of NJ.
Now that's what I want to hear! Excellent advice Doc! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-31-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pompton Lakes, NJ
Posts: 10
Did you get any pictures of the engine tear down yet? I think we are all waiting to see them.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-31-2006
doc's Avatar
doc doc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en
Now that's what I want to hear! Excellent advice Doc! Thank you!
My pleasure.... So strike that "I was doing a little off roading... bit"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-02-2006
doc's Avatar
doc doc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,406
How did you make out with the adjuster?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-02-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
My appt was rescheduled to Tues 11/7.

Sorry about the lack of pics. I'm sure you'd all enjoy them =]
Just been busy with my new job driving tractor-trailer.

I have a sound clip I took with my dad's digi cam before it went to the shop. I'll try to get that posted tommorow.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-02-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Congrats on the new job! Who are you driving for? Treat you well do they?

I hear all these ads on satellite radio for different trucking companies that all swear you can drive for them, get home to your family, and make more money than you can stuff in a suitcase, lol -- I just wonder what it's like out there as a driver if the commercials are like that.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-02-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
Congrats on the new job! Who are you driving for? Treat you well do they?

I hear all these ads on satellite radio for different trucking companies that all swear you can drive for them, get home to your family, and make more money than you can stuff in a suitcase, lol -- I just wonder what it's like out there as a driver if the commercials are like that.
https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ad.php?t=31049

If they've got enough money to advertise on satellite radio then I'd say the majority of them are stretching the truths about job demands/benefits. I'm sure after you've got 5-10 years seniority at those companies, then yes, they prolly get all those perks. When you first sign on to a company, you get all the crap deliveries that no one else wants to do. You get a used truck, if it's new then it's usually the stripped standard model. Many of those big time companies are easier to get hired onto but harder to work for.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-02-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Ha ha! It's the "dues paying" you go through with every new job. Very good and I read your other thread. Glad to hear it!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I hydrolocked my engine today. FMD Snapshots 26 04-28-2009 01:20 PM
Hydrolocked my truck. please help. 05RangerXLT2 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 26 07-14-2007 04:24 PM
hydrolocked the 92 ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 12 02-25-2007 09:40 AM
Hydrolocked....now what? l2en General Technical & Electrical 26 10-26-2006 03:33 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.