Rear seats - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Interior Semi-Tech General discussion of interior for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-26-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Rear seats

I have the Tremor package in my truck so I have the annoying sub box that extends the entire width of the truck so there are no back seats, I want to remove the huge box and put in a smaller one but I also want to put in some seats will this be a pain in the a** or is it as easy as goin to the junkyard?? as far as I can tell there are no mounts for rear seats but I have looked under the vinyl
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2010
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
It seems that the seats mounts should be under there somewhere. Swapping in rear jump seats from a junkyard would be pretty straightforward.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-2010
darangerdanger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: scappoose.oregon
Posts: 1,169
haha i just took both mine out!

there should be 5 bolts that hold the seat bracket down and then a torx bolt that holds the seatbelt down
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
do you still have yours I will buy em from you...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 186
do you have any pictures of this? I am very curious as to what this looks like. Which sub does this use?

I found pictures of it... man that thing is MASSIVE. why didn't they design something that uses the Sport Trac sub box or something. it would waste less cab space. Huh.


Name:  Picture007.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  Factory004.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  34.7 KB

Last edited by joecool1320; 09-27-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
the pictures you have are the same ones I have and it uses a pioneer sub a 10 and the reason the box is so big is because the amp is mounted underneath it on the driver side and the sub is on the passenger side I must admit the sub sounds great but it sure does take up alot of space.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 186
Has anyone tried mounting the Sport Trac sub in a ranger?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj View Post
the pictures you have are the same ones I have and it uses a pioneer sub a 10 and the reason the box is so big is because the amp is mounted underneath it on the driver side and the sub is on the passenger side I must admit the sub sounds great but it sure does take up alot of space.
it really is massive. I am sure it would sound great, but frankly I am pretty surprised ford would do something like this. Factory subs are not supposed to waste a ton of space. Jeeps and others did put it in the center console which is just extra storage space anyways. Why didn't ford do this?

You know what, I am actually pretty pissed off with ford about this... Every other damn car they make comes with an optional subwoofer sound system, wtf didn't they design a nice compact sub for the ranger?! Grrrrr...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool1320 View Post
it really is massive. I am sure it would sound great, but frankly I am pretty surprised ford would do something like this. Factory subs are not supposed to waste a ton of space. Jeeps and others did put it in the center console which is just extra storage space anyways. Why didn't ford do this?

You know what, I am actually pretty pissed off with ford about this... Every other damn car they make comes with an optional subwoofer sound system, wtf didn't they design a nice compact sub for the ranger?! Grrrrr...
I agree but I think pioneer had an agreement with ford on it and pioneer designed it not ford I could be wrong but that may be why it takes up so much space... It is rediculous though
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 186
Pioneer should give their heads a shake.. and Ford too dropping the ball and not desinging their own sub for the damn Rangers. No Excuses. Focus`s, Escape, Excursion, Mustang, F150, the old 90`s taurus`s, thunderbirds, even damn Windstars got factory subs!! Why not the Ranger Ford, why not!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darangerdanger View Post
haha i just took both mine out!

there should be 5 bolts that hold the seat bracket down and then a torx bolt that holds the seatbelt down
Do you still have your back seats I may buy them from you...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-27-2010
darangerdanger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: scappoose.oregon
Posts: 1,169
I'm keeping them haha. I'm in the process of building a a sub box that fits in one and a spot to put a toolbox in the other. Figure I'll keep the seats so I can put them back when I get a new ranger :)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Yeah I dont blame you there
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2010
ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cambridge, ontario
Posts: 3,922
the jumpseats wont fold down on top of those? that looks pretty low
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4.0 View Post
the jumpseats wont fold down on top of those? that looks pretty low
well i was gonna take out the sub box and put my sub in a smaller box
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-27-2010
wvcat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Cumberland
Posts: 2,044
The jump seats are different for 2 door ext cab's and 4 door trucks. I assume from the pic you have a 4 door. The mounts are part of the seat in either case and the seat belts are bolted to the seat mount. I have some grey seats but I think they are for a 2 door.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcat View Post
The jump seats are different for 2 door ext cab's and 4 door trucks. I assume from the pic you have a 4 door. The mounts are part of the seat in either case and the seat belts are bolted to the seat mount. I have some grey seats but I think they are for a 2 door.
yeah I have a four door and if you could find out if those seats would work that would be great... Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-27-2010
ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cambridge, ontario
Posts: 3,922
i have a four door as well and it looks like my seats would just fold over top of those. people could still put their legs on top of it. i have two 10"s in a sealed box behind my driver seat and people love sitting back there and resting their legs on the box
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4.0 View Post
i have a four door as well and it looks like my seats would just fold over top of those. people could still put their legs on top of it. i have two 10"s in a sealed box behind my driver seat and people love sitting back there and resting their legs on the box
Yeah idk why they didnt put seats in it
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-27-2010
wvcat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Cumberland
Posts: 2,044
I'll check tommorrow evening when I get off work.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-27-2010
cwj cwj is offline
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clermont,Ga
Posts: 28
ok thanks
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-28-2010
wvcat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Cumberland
Posts: 2,044
Well I only have a ps seat, no ds. I have 2 sets for a 2 door if anybody needs em.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-28-2010
darangerdanger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: scappoose.oregon
Posts: 1,169
ok im whoring myself on this haha. jumpseat/ammo/tool box/storage mod lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Seats, seats, SEATS! NC drppdyllwrngr Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 30 03-16-2010 08:38 PM
what seats will fit a 95? and do they have to be ranger seats? Njc0013 Interior Semi-Tech 0 02-03-2010 12:29 PM
How to Remove Rear Jump Seats this_is_nascar Interior Semi-Tech 13 12-05-2006 09:43 AM
Removing rear jump seats Bumpncarstereo Interior Semi-Tech 9 09-30-2006 07:48 AM
Taking rear jumper seats out? 998sFE Interior Semi-Tech 7 11-24-2005 07:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.