Summit racing - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews Like a Ford Ranger product? Perhaps a product was not up to par? Did a member impress you? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 01-16-2007
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
so your saying they sent the wrong bearings... you didnt return them, but went to a machine shop and paid them to try and make them fit, then when summit offered to send you the correct bearings you ***** becasue your dumb southern pride *** wasnt smart enough to give them a call...
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-16-2007
IronRanger92's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X2XLT
so your saying they sent the wrong bearings... you didnt return them, but went to a machine shop and paid them to try and make them fit, then when summit offered to send you the correct bearings you ***** becasue your dumb southern pride *** wasnt smart enough to give them a call...
LOL no.. i guess i should have been more specific.. sent it the machine shop to be all spec'd, clearanced, blue printed and everything.. and they just kinda bi-passed it all. so once the motor went, we looked it over and all and the bearings were wrong.. wether or not it was summit, or the machine shop stealing stuff and giving us a set of used bearings, i don't know.. but considering they were fairly rude and not helpful what so ever on the phone.. and i got a lil carried away.. sore subject for me .. we basically trusted in the machine shop to much considering past occurences there.. its not all summits fault, but afterwards we havent had much luck since they send us two left control arms for our mustangs and a part with no instructions or bolts LOL
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-16-2007
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
oh i thought that you guys knew they were wrong and tried to make them fit... i can see that as being pretty crappy but theyre still the best in my book until they screw something up that big for me...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-16-2007
IronRanger92's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X2XLT
oh i thought that you guys knew they were wrong and tried to make them fit... i can see that as being pretty crappy but theyre still the best in my book until they screw something up that big for me...
alright good deal.. i'm a big jegs fan, my drag car is basically made out of jegs catalog LOL and for the record, i'm not stupid, i go to private school
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-16-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
sounds to me like you had a problem AFTER the motor was installed......even Jegs wouldn't take a part for a motor back after it was installed you should know that.......as far as the control arms goes, did you ever stop to think that they were shipped to Summit that way? do you really expect Summit or any other company for that matter to go through EVERY part they get to make sure it is all there, instructions and all? I dont think ANY company would do that....Jegs dont i bet ya.......

and what is to say you are smart by you going to a private school? that dont mean nothing but your parents have money....end of discussion on that, now back on topic!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-17-2007
IronRanger92's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
sounds to me like you had a problem AFTER the motor was installed......even Jegs wouldn't take a part for a motor back after it was installed you should know that.......as far as the control arms goes, did you ever stop to think that they were shipped to Summit that way? do you really expect Summit or any other company for that matter to go through EVERY part they get to make sure it is all there, instructions and all? I dont think ANY company would do that....Jegs dont i bet ya.......

and what is to say you are smart by you going to a private school? that dont mean nothing but your parents have money....end of discussion on that, now back on topic!
doesnt matter to me that much, i order parts from ebay folks more than anything... except the roll cage and drag specific parts.. everything is ebay or local. No tellin about the control arms, friend of mines car that was sent like that. I figure someone broke a control arm, ordered another set, and returned it and they didnt bother to make sure it was all there. Oh well im over it now, i was hungry last night far as school goes, more or less.. i have good grades.. im not an iddiot by any means.. but im no genius either
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit Racing crazymikey Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 9 12-04-2008 09:20 PM
summit racing lift RCL816 Suspension Tech 1 03-05-2008 08:45 PM
4Wheel Parts & Summit Racing! Trigger01 Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 1 12-18-2007 07:45 AM
Summit racing BL vs. PA BL BIGDREAMER02 Suspension Tech 16 05-06-2007 10:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.