SAS Talk...for plans and thoughts - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 04-10-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riverview, Fl
Posts: 1,340
Thats why Ive already started to collect parts, So when I start I dont have to rush to find a part.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-10-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sixsport
Do you have offers for your spindles yet and would you consider selling them? just wondering.
I'm still WAY out on doing this. At thsi point, I'd probably give them to someone for the price of shipping and a six pack...
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-10-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avon, IN
Posts: 756
no matter how prepared you are.. there will still be somthing that you will end up needed that you didnt think of
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-10-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big04Ranger
no matter how prepared you are.. there will still be somthing that you will end up needed that you didnt think of
I know it. I just want to get the basics.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-10-2007
0sixsport's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
I'm still WAY out on doing this. At thsi point, I'd probably give them to someone for the price of shipping and a six pack...
Thats cool. When the time comes just let me know. I still have another 2 years before my warranty is up anyways. Thanks for letting me know though.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-10-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riverview, Fl
Posts: 1,340
Ive had my truck for 1 year and 3 months and my warranty was up awhile ago. I agree ricky Im still way out but its nice to get the parts when you can.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-10-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRVP
Ive had my truck for 1 year and 3 months and my warranty was up awhile ago. I agree ricky Im still way out but its nice to get the parts when you can.
Definetly, I still need a lot of money though!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-10-2007
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
freebies rule
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-10-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riverview, Fl
Posts: 1,340
Yes they do my axle was a freebie I just need to go pick it up.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-11-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: homosassa,fl
Posts: 283
well i know if you start collecting know in a year you should have everything but hell it aint gotta be four wheel drive right away. i'd say get the axle in there and work all the little problems out of it come back in a couple weeks and do the trans and transfercase and hell drive shafts aint no big deal i got a drive line guy right down the street does all my big truck and pick up stuff he'll have them done in a couple hours.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-11-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riverview, Fl
Posts: 1,340
James i might take you up on that when i get close to haveing mine done.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-11-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBowtie
well i know if you start collecting know in a year you should have everything but hell it aint gotta be four wheel drive right away. i'd say get the axle in there and work all the little problems out of it come back in a couple weeks and do the trans and transfercase and hell drive shafts aint no big deal i got a drive line guy right down the street does all my big truck and pick up stuff he'll have them done in a couple hours.
BIG ROB!!!

I'll bring the beer!!! I think that calls for like 5 cases

I'm definetly not going 4wd for a while after the solid axle, it's just the truth...I got a 2300 dollar brand new tranny sittin under her right now...
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-12-2007
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
BIG ROB!!!

I'll bring the beer!!! I think that calls for like 5 cases

I'm definetly not going 4wd for a while after the solid axle, it's just the truth...I got a 2300 dollar brand new tranny sittin under her right now...
your tranny was the same price as my RCD
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-12-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger
your tranny was the same price as my RCD
i shoulda bought a 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-12-2007
red_fx2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: lakeland, fl
Posts: 32
ya me to.. but its more fun with 2wd lol
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-12-2007
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
kinda off topic, but i dont see why people sprnd the money on an RCD, other than being almost a direct bolt on, than doing a SAS. You can probably make out cheaper doing one.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-12-2007
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
kinda off topic, but i dont see why people sprnd the money on an RCD, other than being almost a direct bolt on, than doing a SAS. You can probably make out cheaper doing one.
i love the rcd even thouth it has only been installed for 2-3 weeks. once i get my trck paid off i am gonna sas i want more lift about 5" more lift.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-12-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
kinda off topic, but i dont see why people sprnd the money on an RCD, other than being almost a direct bolt on, than doing a SAS. You can probably make out cheaper doing one.
I know exactly why...

It takes ***** to hack into a DD truck that you make payments on. I mean, if you owe 14k on a truck, and your welding on it...wow, you got *****!!!

I'm waiting until mine is paid off, thats so I can get another truck to drive as a DD, b/c after the swap it's not going to be able to commute like I need it to. And it damn sure won't be as reliable.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
considering SAS now. Talk me in/out of it ME00Stepside Solid Axle Swaps 18 12-21-2011 02:03 PM
Current Mods and Plans, Input? rich93ds New Ideas 1 06-29-2011 06:03 AM
Future Plans and questions Falen General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 02-11-2010 11:15 AM
recent pics, and plans. (large pictures, 56K stay away) Jimmeh Snapshots 3 08-03-2008 05:28 PM
Slider and front bumper plans Lefty04LevelII Fabrication & Tool Tech 18 02-24-2008 03:14 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.